Hybrid Logos Series: Toronto Teams

mmmonggg

Although I first posted the Boson/New England Hybrid logos it all started off the with my hometown, Toronto. I needed/still needed to tweak of the logos but here they are anyway.

Toronto Raptors (Blue Jays) Hybrid Logo.

Raptors%20BJ-purp-Wallpaper_zpsm6t3mju0.

I red did the font and use the Blue Jays logos clean line for inspiration but still can't not totally happy with it. I kept the original Raptors colours but this logo also looks good with the Blue Jays colours (below). This one is still a work in progress. I've been having a hard time getting this one jusssst right. Thoughts?

Here's the logo in the Blue Jays colours with a different mouth. Which colour way do you like best?

Raptors%20BJ-blue-Wallpaper_zpszqc3iewg.

Toronto Blue Jays (Raptors) Hybrid Logo.

BlueJaysRaptorsWallpaper_zpsc00259bf.jpg\

This is my personal favourite. Using the original Raptors logo as inspiration by keeping font, layout, the legs and head position and making The Blue Jay hold a baseball and wear a baseball uniform. I kept the Jay's colours minus the red.

Toronto Maple Leafs (Argonauts) Hybrid Logo.

Leafs%20argoWallpaper_zpsxubllqip.jpg

As dull as the Argos and Leafs logos are I did have to do something. Here I used the current Argo's logo, changed the "A" to a "L" and added maples leaves to the border of the shield.

Toronto Argos (Maple Leafs) Hybrid Logo.

Argos%20leafs%20Wallpaper_zpshezj9fix.jp

I didn't have much to work with the Leafs logo. I re-did the entire font since its not available anywhere to download. I turned the Leaf into a "A" and kept the side of the leaf design so it didn't just look like a boring "A".

Toronto Maple Leafs (Argos Classic Logo)

Leafs%20Argos-classicWallpaper_zpsaajmdt

I prefer the old Argos logo to the current one so I had to do another Maple Leafs Hybrid Logo based on the old one. Instead of the Argo I replaced it with a hockey player holding a hockey stick and a shield (couldn't think of anything hockey-ish to replace the shield). The helmet is changed to a hockey helmet with a leaf branded on it. Stuck with the old Argo colours. The line work needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Thoughts, praise and criticism is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--- www.johnmong.com ---

--@mmmonggg on instagram

--@johnmong on twitter

I like the double blue better. Also, the top of the raptor ' s head doesn't look quite right to me, almost like it had hair. Not really sure how to fix this though. The rest are fantastic, my favorite is definitely the full body blue jay.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Although I first posted the Boson/New England Hybrid logos it all started off the with my hometown, Toronto. I needed/still needed to tweak of the logos but here they are anyway.

I red did the font and use the Blue Jays logos clean line for inspiration but still can't not totally happy with it. I kept the original Raptors colours but this logo also looks good with the Blue Jays colours (below). This one is still a work in progress. I've been having a hard time getting this one jusssst right. Thoughts?

Here's the logo in the Blue Jays colours with a different mouth. Which colour way do you like best?

This is my personal favourite. Using the original Raptors logo as inspiration by keeping font, layout, the legs and head position and making The Blue Jay hold a baseball and wear a baseball uniform. I kept the Jay's colours minus the red.

As dull as the Argos and Leafs logos are I did have to do something. Here I used the current Argo's logo, changed the "A" to a "L" and added maples leaves to the border of the shield.

I didn't have much to work with the Leafs logo. I re-did the entire font since its not available anywhere to download. I turned the Leaf into a "A" and kept the side of the leaf design so it didn't just look like a boring "A".

I prefer the old Argos logo to the current one so I had to do another Maple Leafs Hybrid Logo based on the old one. Instead of the Argo I replaced it with a hockey player holding a hockey stick and a shield (couldn't think of anything hockey-ish to replace the shield). The helmet is changed to a hockey helmet with a leaf branded on it. Stuck with the old Argo colours. The line work needs to be cleaned up a bit.

The Jays and Raptors crossovers are very nice, but I'm not sure that I want to see the 16-time Grey Cup champions (who have actually won something this millenium) associated with the Buds. Something about the L on a shield just screams "Losers" to me.

The Jays and Raptors crossovers are very nice, but I'm not sure that I want to see the 16-time Grey Cup champions (who have actually won something this millenium) associated with the Buds. Something about the L on a shield just screams "Losers" to me.

lol.

Well said.

--- www.johnmong.com ---

--@mmmonggg on instagram

--@johnmong on twitter

I really like the blue jay that looks like the classic Raptors logo, but there is something off about the bat. From the way it is being held in the bird's hands, the barrel should be angled a few degrees upwards from where it currently is.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I really like the blue jay that looks like the classic Raptors logo, but there is something off about the bat. From the way it is being held in the bird's hands, the barrel should be angled a few degrees upwards from where it currently is.

You are correct! Duly noted and the change will be made.

--- www.johnmong.com ---

--@mmmonggg on instagram

--@johnmong on twitter

bay area next please

Are you seriously gonna ask for requests on every thread? It's really annoying and most of them already have everything set out and planned. Actually give C&C rather than a request .

And also to point out with this series..I can tell a lot of work has gone in. I know spitting off a request and getting it would be cool but ....idk if it was me I would want some incentive or be ready with ideas before starting a task rather than be ..'forced'. (force being used lightly because I know you're not forcing him but just asking)

bay area next please

Are you seriously gonna ask for requests on every thread? It's really annoying and most of them already have everything set out and planned. Actually give C&C rather than a request .

And also to point out with this series..I can tell a lot of work has gone in. I know spitting off a request and getting it would be cool but ....idk if it was me I would want some incentive or be ready with ideas before starting a task rather than be ..'forced'. (force being used lightly because I know you're not forcing him but just asking)
Fair point. Still new at this so maybe I should reinvent my approach. However I will admit I am stinky at my concepts and the reason I don't say any or barely any c&c is cause everyone on this site is incredibly impressive and i just STINK. That's the reason I request so much. I suck at concepts.

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

bay area next please

Fair point. Still new at this so maybe I should reinvent my approach. However I will admit I am stinky at my concepts and the reason I don't say any or barely any c&c is cause everyone on this site is incredibly impressive and i just STINK. That's the reason I request so much. I suck at concepts.

The only way to get better at concepts is to practice and watch/read tutorials. Many of the people here are professional graphic designers so that can be intimidating to some the new people here that want to post concepts. I joined CCSLC 2 years ago next month and I just posted my first concept thread yesterday. I wouldn't say I was intimidated, but I really wanted to make sure my concept wasn't rushed and was up to certain standard. I am definitely not close (skills wise) to a graphic designer, but if you take your time and think your concept through you should be able to make a decent concept. One way to get better at C&C is to look at other people C&C and then you can understand how most people are trying to help improve the concept. Even the best designers are looking for C&C to improve their concepts.

JeKhnr9.png

Archived