Designing The Pro Bowl

mattb6

With the Pro Bowl coming up Sunday, the mostly garrish Pro Bowl uniforms of the past are again brought into conversations for a few days. When the NFL ditched conferences at the 2013 Pro Bowl, most liked the idea. The uniforms featured volt, anthracite, and whatever the hell Nike called the orange. I didn't mind the color scheme, but I thought the uniforms could receive a few improvements. First, I'm not really a fan of players wearing their own helmets, so that's out the window. I didn't like the use of the gray-scale logos on the sleeves, so I incoporated the team color in. I ditched black from the jerseys, and only used dark gray, light gray and either green or orange. The font (from Conrad) remains the same.

haden_zps4b30c273.pngbrown_zpsc77d5a3c.png

I anticipate having a more in-depth Super Bowl redesign up sometime next week, so consider this an apitizer for now.

spacer.png

Have to disagree with you about the helmet thing. I always loved that. As for the jerseys, one thing struck me pretty quick I have a question for.. what do the stars mean under the name?

Pro Bowl appearences. They started that with the rebrand, I believe.

If it's a majority I'll go back to the standard helmets, since I was a bit indifferent about that myself.

spacer.png

Have to disagree with you about the helmet thing. I always loved that. As for the jerseys, one thing struck me pretty quick I have a question for.. what do the stars mean under the name?

Pro Bowl appearences. They started that with the rebrand, I believe.

If it's a majority I'll go back to the standard helmets, since I was a bit indifferent about that myself.

See I haven't paid attention to the Pro Bowl in years. Maybe 2006 was the last one I watched or cared about. I like that feature.

I'm not a huge fan of the players wearing their own helmets, I like the idea of yours much better. This is pretty solid considering the horrible color scheme you're using, if the pro bowl has to be in neon green and orange, I'd love to see it look like this.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

I see where you're coming from in regards to the helmets, but I always viewed the players wearing their own helmets as the main identifier that it's an all-star game.

Right, I just think it's really cool. I mean it's a quick identifier of what team they're representing. I kinda wish the NHL would have the main jersey design but the teams logos would be the crest. That being said, this doesn't break your design. It's still nice.

I for one love the helmet designs however not a fan of the jersey base color.would prefer neon green with white trim and orange with grey trim. Just throwing it out there no obligation. Also are you doing specific player requests? Just curious

What exactly do you mean by specific player requests?

And I probably won't go with neon green as a base color. That's a bit to gaudy, even for the Pro Bowl.

spacer.png

I for one love the helmet designs however not a fan of the jersey base color.would prefer neon green with white trim and orange with grey trim. Just throwing it out there no obligation. Also are you doing specific player requests? Just curious

And I probably won't go with neon green as a base color. That's a bit to gaudy, even for the Pro Bowl.

Agreed, if theres one thing the NFL and NHL got right with these neon colors is that they aren't the main colors on jerseys.

ok understandable and If people want to se a specific player in one of the unis.like say a Colin Kaepernick in a team Carter uni

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

ok understandable and If people want to se a specific player in one of the unis.like say a Colin Kaepernick in a team Carter uni

I guess I could do that, but they probably wouldn't get done until after the super bowl.

spacer.png

I guess I could do that, but they probably wouldn't get done until after the super bowl.
ok take your time no rush whatsoever.

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

Archived