Houston NHL Project (Aeros)

Htown1141

Ever since the Aeros left Houston, my friends and I were all bummed out and stuff so I decided I wanted to make an nhl concept for the great City of Houston, Texas

I have three color options, yet no name. I am thinking about using Aeros again, but I'm not sure

1sKZ8p9l.png 2nRBxTHI.png 3fg4m3DE.png

So tough because you'd think Houston as going Red, White and Blue. But, boring. The double blue you have would fit the old Aeros look but I even think double blue has been used too often recently. The Red, blue, green you have I personally don't like. I think the Tulane color scheme would be interesting. Could mesh some Aeros eras into that. Not even saying you have to use Aeros as a name but it would mesh the history of Houston hockey.

Houston Aeros is just such a part of Houston but i can see with using another name like Apollos. I know they have the Sugarland Imperials here. The Apollos logo is a nice start. I made link to my AHL version aeros_zpsbd2f5a95.jpg

Patchez embroidered it

I am gonna keep an eye on this topic, I want to see what you come up with

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Cool color scheme...glad you picked that one. I really like the first mock up with the A and I REALLY like the space ship part of the recent one. Having the tail cloud and Texas are a nice touch but they make the logo to long. The ship though could really stand alone as it is definitely a space ship but also resembles a steer head side ways. Keep scratching away at this and I think it will really take off! Great job.

Guest darkpiranha

Agreed that the logo is too long, and also agree that the ship on the second logo is great. Turned one way, it's longhorns. Turned the opposite way, it's an A.

What if you made the Texearth a lot smaller, and have the ship fly first downward in its orbit to where by the time it emerges on the other side of the planet, it's going at a more upwards angle?

Archived