Continental Hockey Federation (Washington Added)

JerseyJimmy

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious which cities make up the original ten?

New York, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, Washington, St. Louis, Detroit, Vancouver, Milwaukee, Chicago.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Just curious which cities make up the original ten?

New York, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, Washington, St. Louis, Detroit, Vancouver, Milwaukee, Chicago.

No Philly??

there is a philly

I'd update this a lot more. But I don't wanna do the backstories because I'm a lazy chicken[CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STARFOX]. Would you guys be okay if I just gave team info (famous players, notable seasons) instead of full-on backstories?

53Ocz8U.png

QUEBEC GRIFFONS

Established: 1984-85 Season

Garand Cups: 1 (1994-95)

Finals Appearances: 2 (1994-95, 1997-98)

Arena: Colisée Pepsi, Quebec City, Quebec (Capacity: 16,982) [They've been looking for a new arena for years.]

Three Famous Players: Nicklas Lidström, Wayne Gretzky (for five seasons until his retirement), Roberto Luongo

Current Captain: Keith Yandle
Goal Song: "Antisocial" - Trust

Mascot: Grizelda (a female griffon, one of only three female CHF mascots)

QuebecGriffons_zps0fb7eb96.png

53Ocz8U.png

QUEBEC GRIFFONS

Established: 1984-85 Season

Garand Cups: 1 (1994-95)

Finals Appearances: 2 (1994-95, 1997-98)

Arena: Colisée Pepsi, Quebec City, Quebec (Capacity: 16,982) [They've been looking for a new arena for years.]

Three Famous Players: Nicklas Lidström, Wayne Gretzky (for five seasons until his retirement), Roberto Luongo

Current Captain: Keith Yandle

Goal Song: "Antisocial" - Trust

Mascot: Grizelda (a female griffon, one of only three female CHF mascots)

QuebecGriffons_zps0fb7eb96.png

Awe. No backstory???

The away jersey needs more purple. At least a purple yoke.

yeah thats a good idea. I didn't quite feel rifht with thwse unis. Might revisit the number font as well.

Really great work here, Jimmy. Logos and uniforms are all very well done. And it's an interesting choice to go with Puma as the manufacturer...do they make hockey gear in real life? If not that's fine to use them, just curious!

New Jersey: That's a really cool back story and brand decision. Makes for a very unique identity. No complaints.

Charleston: I don't think the logo needs the clouds, and the road sweater could use a little more green. Other than that very good, especially the sash.

Detroit: I really like the old school look of these. The script is really nice, and the alternate logo is killer.

Quebec: Awesome logo--very well rendered--I really like that the griffon is holding a hockey stick. I would change the number font, though, to match the wordmark.

hey I'm not a bronie. Jimmy is doing the backstories and set 99% of the decisions on cities and team names, and I do the Uniforms and Logos. (Mostly from scratch, Griffons primary is the only one I wouldn't consider from scratch.)

And yeah its Puma. He was supposed to have a little backstory about how Puma wanted to get into the hockey game, and signed an exclusive deal with this league. I i created my own custom uniform cut kind of inspired by Nike football and went with it.

Archived