Premier League in America

thelogonut

This is a topic that I am very excited to start. I was thinking the other day about what it would look like if the English Premier League was in America instead. So, I have paired UK cities with US cities, and put an American twist on the clubs. Every post will be the clubs badge and home kit. I will do these concepts by city, and the first city is the London of America, New York City. The first team I will feature in New York is Yorkville F.C. Basically, I'm showing what an American leagues equivalent to the English one would look like. All elements of teams are directly related to it's English counterpart.

Yorkville FC is one of the most popular clubs in the American Premier League. They play in the luxurious neighborhood of Yorkville in New York's Upper East Side. Those who support Yorkville are often accused of being "glory hunters" or "bandwagoners". They have had much recent success and play a very defensively oriented game. Their logo is a combination of many things, the Roses are part of the family coat of arms for a family with strong influence in the U.E.S., the political Roosevelts. The green comes from the roses, the balls symbolize the sport, and the stars represent the United States.

uan7mSt.png

Redo the crest. please. It looks like you took flowers and placed them over the chelsea fc logo (which is probably exactly what you did). You also cut out the chelsea part and replaced it with yorkville. I have no problem with starting points, but present it in a cleaner manner.

Redo the crest. please. It looks like you took flowers and placed them over the chelsea fc logo (which is probably exactly what you did). You also cut out the chelsea part and replaced it with yorkville. I have no problem with starting points, but present it in a cleaner manner.

I realize that the roses are bad, however this is the only way to get the exact flowers from the Roosevelt shield. Also, this is meant to look like the Chelsea FC logo, as they are the American mirror image of them.

I get what you're going for here — taking English Premier League teams and trying to draw parallels to each one in the United States — so I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "ripoff". But yeah, a little more work needs to go into the crest, because the roses look pixelated and stretched out. And if you can find a better template, that will go far to improving the presentation. Check the Paint Users Paradise thread that's pinned in Concepts for a template.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey logonut - really interesting concept and I hope that other people take it up...

One thing that you need to know, though, is that this logo would never work for a team with any English involvement - because of the colour of the roses !

Basically, we had an inter-dynastic war of royal succession during the 15/16th centuries between the houses of York and Lancaster which, as their respective emblems, had white and red roses (search "war of the roses" for the basics). These are still representative of both factions, which are now administrative counties - look up the respective county cricket teams, for instance. As a result, you would simply never have anything with the word "York" in its name which would countenance the use of a red rose in any sort of associated graphic, and vice versa - it's a genealogical thing going back 600 years ! I know that your concept is an entirely US based team, but the derivation of the name clearly has English provenance from 1664, so the associated niceties would have to be observed or there would be all manner of wailing and gnashing of teeth !

no criticism intended at all, but there are certain things you just have to know - hope that's ok...

Hey logonut - really interesting concept and I hope that other people take it up...

One thing that you need to know, though, is that this logo would never work for a team with any English involvement - because of the colour of the roses !

Basically, we had an inter-dynastic war of royal succession during the 15/16th centuries between the houses of York and Lancaster which, as their respective emblems, had white and red roses (search "war of the roses" for the basics). These are still representative of both factions, which are now administrative counties - look up the respective county cricket teams, for instance. As a result, you would simply never have anything with the word "York" in its name which would countenance the use of a red rose in any sort of associated graphic, and vice versa - it's a genealogical thing going back 600 years ! I know that your concept is an entirely US based team, but the derivation of the name clearly has English provenance from 1664, so the associated niceties would have to be observed or there would be all manner of wailing and gnashing of teeth !

no criticism intended at all, but there are certain things you just have to know - hope that's ok...

Love it...a history geek, and a logo gook. I'm with you.

The concept is fantastic, and at some point in the not too distant future a US Premier league on par with the Premier league will happen. Look at the new NYC team and connection to a Premier League club.

Liverpool needs to be Oakland, same industrial town feel, or maybe Pittsburgh.

Archived