NFL Concepts: Time for some football concepts: Every NFL team and some alternates

Ben5

So I made concepts for the entire NFL. There are lots of good concept series on here, and I figured I could throw my hat into the ring. Let's hop right into it:

Buffalo%20Bills_zpsjelyxziq.png

For Buffalo, I kept a lot of what they have now. The striping matches on the sleeves on both uniforms. No tapered stripes on the helmet, and only one shade of blue.

Miami%20Dolphins_zps1e7pcxbr.png

For the Dolphins, I made some minor chnages to their new logo. I love that logo, but the shading could use some work so I made some revisions. The striping goes back to their glory days, but still incorporates navy in a minor way. Their numbers are the new numbers, but without the dumb fin part.

New%20England%20Patriots_zpsrx88cp53.png
New England gets to keep flying Elvis. Silver gets dropped totally. The jerseys match their throwbacks, with their current number font (but modified to look better).

New%20York%20Jets_zpsvhz4x2qe.png

Not a lot of changes for the Jets. They get the NY logo for their helmets, and a new number font.

Here are some other concepts that I really liked. Not necessarily things that influenced me, but things I liked and I remember.
http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/101171-mccarthys-nfl/?hl=%2Bmccarthy+%2Bnfl
http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98800-redmondorbits-nfl-redesign-take-two-2632-cardinals-added/
There are more, but I can't find them right now. I'll add to this as I come across them.

EDIT: This is the one I was trying to find last night:
http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/101532-8bw14s-nfl-redesign-monochrome-madness/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work. I think a blue pants option would be nice for the Patriots.

The Dolphins has a nice classic look (as do all of these) but for some reason, I don't think it works as well with their new logo. I don't know how to explain it.

The shoulder stripes on the Pats and Jets jerseys are way to long. I would change that. Besides that they look pretty good.

That's what I liked about them. Adds more interest and ties in the lines on the pants.

I've never liked solid pants with white tops. I think orange tops for the Fins would be cool.

Ants

I really like the Patriots uniforms. Much better than what they wear now. I'm not sure if Flying Elvis works along with a center stripe on the helmet, though. It may be too cluttered because of the elongated shape of the logo.

I think no stripe and a slightly bigger Flying Elvis would work better, but that's just a small nitpick.

Nice work on all of them. I'm looking forward to your other concepts.

The white helmets was something I thought about a lot. I didn't want to give a team a colored helmet just because everyone else had white. I made some alternate uniforms that I'll release later, and two of these teams have colored helmets.

As for the shoulder stripes, there is no chance I am going to change them. They are supposed to be long so they wrap around the shoulder. That's the point.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Round two coming this evening.

Wow, these are almost the exact tweaks I'd make for each of these teams. Even the ones I wouldn't make are just nitpicks (I prefer kelly green for the Jets and I don't think the Dolphins need sleeve stripes).

Definitely following this thread.

Round 2!

Arizona%20Cardnials_zpsqqabbzwr.png

I really simplified the Cards. I kept their numbers, but added a sublimated AZ flag image in them.

Seattle%20Seahawks_zpsdpgii3hz.png

Lots of changes here, yet there is a lot the same. The numbers are similar to their current numbers, but a little more clear and easy to read. The helmets and pants are matching silver. and the classic green is back. Their sleeves start a striping pattern that continues down on their pants.

San%20Francisco%2049ers_zpscbnjrglm.png

Again, another classic look with just minor changes. I completed the sleeve stripes and made them gold on the home. Now they better tie into the helmet and pants. Add a striped sock and a red facemask, and now you got a great looking Niners team.

St.%20Louis%20Rams_zps33deosfz.png

The Rams return to their royal and athletic gold here. The helmet matches the uniforms, and their current logo stays.

Thanks again for the comments guys!

Rams are great! The old gold is way better. 49ers are different with the gold shoulder stripes but it works. Stick with the normal Seahawks logo and make the helmet a different color if you change the logo back. Add some more detail to the Cards jersey, it is too bland.

image.png

The only change id make is the 49ers face mask. It should be grey not red.

It should be? why not say "I think a grey face mask would look better IMO" which is feedback rather than telling him what it should be. An IMO i think the the red face mask was great in the Steve Young era, don't know why they switched.

a2BRS8U.png

The only change id make is the 49ers face mask. It should be grey not red.

It should be? why not say "I think a grey face mask would look better IMO" which is feedback rather than telling him what it should be. An IMO i think the the red face mask was great in the Steve Young era, don't know why they switched.
Oops my mistake. Definitely should have wordworded that different.

So let me rephrase that. I think a grey facemask would make the look more old school.

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

Rams are great! The old gold is way better. 49ers are different with the gold shoulder stripes but it works. Stick with the normal Seahawks logo and make the helmet a different color if you change the logo back. Add some more detail to the Cards jersey, it is too bland.

I tried some different stuff for the Cardinals. I started with using their current look and changing it around to look less crappy, but it didn't work. I didn't want them to be just a red jersey with white numbers, so I changed the collar and sleeve cuffs. At the very end I added the sublimated flag pattern to the numbers. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Just to backtrack, don't know if you know but it caught my eye right away. Missing a back leg on the Bills logo.

Good catch! That is a mistake, and it will be corrected.

Archived