Fictional Hockey League (MS Paint) 8 of 30 Teams (GRAND RAPIDS ADDED)

ChuckDownfield

Flickr Album With All Teams

Well, it has been at least a year (maybe two) since I last posted a concept. I haven't been all that active on the boards, but lately I've found myself lurking the concepts section. I have to say that I was impressed at the quality of a lot of concepts. The boards are starting to resemble what they looked like when I first joined this site. Now, I'm no logo master, but I do like to make concepts every once in awhile. I was feeling creative recently, so I've decided to take on a project... a big one. I'm going to create an entire 30 team hockey league. Each team will eventually have a primary logo, secondary logo, third logo (some teams), script logo, home jersey, away jersey, alternate jersey, and rink design. For now, I'm just making sure the teams I release have two logos and two jerseys, the other stuff will be released later. I hope to learn from this series and become a better designer. I am also using Microsoft Paint to create everything. I hope to prove to those who blame their programs for poor designs that the program is not an excuse. I will be releasing everything at my own pace, so don't expect concepts every day or week, and please don't ask when the next teams will be out. This is a hobby for me, and I have about a million real life responsibilities that take priority over this. Also if you have city or team name suggestions, I welcome them, but PLEASE PM ME. I really don't want the thread flooded with name ideas, so message them to me and I will defiantly consider them.

Now without further adieu, the league logo. The league will be known as the North American Hockey Federation. The logo is very simple, but this is by design. Does the logo sort of look like a hockey puck? That's because the logo will appear on the tops of all NAHF pucks. The logo's colors are also just a filler. Each team will have their own custom colored league logo with their team colors on it.

6igsx0.png

Ready for the first team? Here's a teaser for you, have a look at their league logo...

kdld9e.png

First team coming VERY soon...

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd ditch the waves in the background of the crest, since it all kinda gets muddled up from distance. Other than that, great start!

Thank you Kaz. I'll try one without the waves.

Cool sf logo only thing is silver would make a better away uni.

You mean instead of the white?

30vja50.png

Really like these. The second logo is a little busy though.

Thank you. Here is my take at an improved primary, which also gave me the idea for the logo on the right which could work as a third logo.

5d1ete.png

What do you guys think?

30vja50.png

I'd ditch the waves in the background of the crest, since it all kinda gets muddled up from distance. Other than that, great start!

I would disagree with you one that. I actually like the waves, it gives a little flavour to the logo, makes it different, and I don't see it cluttered since the golden yellow and the waves really settle with each other nicely, but it doesn't hurt to try it without the waves.

@ChuckDownfield

These seriously look good, the quality and design, surprised that you did this in Paint.

but I don't like the sleeves on the SF uniforms, the black shouldn't be there.

Good job, can't wait to see more.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

I would disagree with you one that. I actually like the waves, it gives a little flavour to the logo, makes it different, and I don't see it cluttered since the golden yellow and the waves really settle with each other nicely, but it doesn't hurt to try it without the waves.

@ChuckDownfield

These seriously look good, the quality and design, surprised that you did this in Paint.

Thank you so much man, I really appreciate the feedback. I've been using paint to make logos since raysox and I were first making logos in elementary school. As for the Baymen primary I'm still unsure. I agree with you about the waves making it unique, which is what my original intention was. For the black on the sleeves, I had them there to match the logo but I'll try it without.

30vja50.png

@ChuckDownfield

Thank you so much man, I really appreciate the feedback. I've been using paint to make logos since raysox and I were first making logos in elementary school. As for the Baymen primary I'm still unsure. I agree with you about the waves making it unique, which is what my original intention was. For the black on the sleeves, I had them there to match the logo but I'll try it without.

True, if you want, you can decrease the thickness of the black because it isn't such a big colour in the logo, if you know what I mean (since it is, I'm guessing there to emphasize the look), I don't know if that would be a hassle on paint, but if it is leave it.

Honestly love the work.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

@Thecargeek

Nothing is impossible in paint my friend! I tried the thinner black stripes:

6jiqhh.png

After that, I tried eliminating the black completely. I think I found a winner with this one:

2rwm9zr.png

I also tried that one with the crest without the waves. Not quite sure which I prefer.

20fauf5.png

What do you guys think? I'm hoping to make this the last update for San Francisco. Also does anyone have any suggestions for Sin City?

30vja50.png

@Thecargeek

Nothing is impossible in paint my friend! I tried the thinner black stripes:

6jiqhh.png

After that, I tried eliminating the black completely. I think I found a winner with this one:

2rwm9zr.png

I also tried that one with the crest without the waves. Not quite sure which I prefer.

20fauf5.png

What do you guys think? I'm hoping to make this the last update for San Francisco. Also does anyone have any suggestions for Sin City?

Version 2 looks the best, it really hit the spot!

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Go blue pants for San Fran if you drop the black striping. If there's no black anywhere else on the uniform, why should there be black pants?

Yeah i would make it the darker blue to make it flow with the bottom waves.

"You play to win the game...Hello. You play to win the game." - Herman Edwards

"We talkin' bout practice?" - A.I.

"What’s that? Ah — playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game." - Jim Mora

Wow this is pretty sick for Paint. I would have to agree with Cargeek, PLEASE keep the waves in the background of the logo, it adds character.

Two things:

- The stripes on the socks are too high for both teams

- If you want the waves on the hem to go constantly in the same direction, flip either the waves on the back or front of the jersey. Currently they are going against eachother

This is a thread I will check again and again. Great job!

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I'd recommend anyone who uses Paint as an excuse to look at this thread. These are very impressive for paint, very nice job!

Curious, how long did it take to make those logos?

As for the jerseys I'm not sure I like the waves on the hem. I think what would be cool would be having the stripes like you do on the arms but where the yellow is have the wave striping..then outline that in gold ...just a thought. Nice job so far.

Archived