2015 NCAA Lacrosse Thread

YelichGraphics

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I think the Hoyas and the Bears will miss the Big Barbeque this season. Ohio State beat UMD in College Park and Georgetown doesn't have any significant wins other than Marquette. Brown fell off late in the regular season and failed to win the Ivy semis this past week.

Based on the photo from Anish from ESPN, Denver will likely be in the same bracket as Syracuse. If I was the Orange, I would be very afraid. Oh wait...

Bryant got the NEC AQ and will likely face Marist in one of the Play-in Games. Based on regional selection, there's a strong possibility that there will be a Bryant-Cuse rematch in the Carrier Dome!

Also, big ups to High Point for winning the SoCon while fulfilling my preseason prediction!

I might end up posting info on the D3, D2, and MCLA brackets. Those guys really deserve some recognition.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Honestly, I think the Hoyas and the Bears will miss the Big Barbeque this season. Ohio State beat UMD in College Park and Georgetown doesn't have any significant wins other than Marquette. Brown fell off late in the regular season and failed to win the Ivy semis this past week.

Based on the photo from Anish from ESPN, Denver will likely be in the same bracket as Syracuse. If I was the Orange, I would be very afraid. Oh wait...

Bryant got the NEC AQ and will likely face Marist in one of the Play-in Games. Based on regional selection, there's a strong possibility that there will be a Bryant-Cuse rematch in the Carrier Dome!

Also, big ups to High Point for winning the SoCon while fulfilling my preseason prediction!

I might end up posting info on the D3, D2, and MCLA brackets. Those guys really deserve some recognition.

Looking forward to playing Syracuse again. I just hope we can pull the upset two years in a row.

Bracket time!

Division I - Men's

Play-In Round

-Towson vs. High Point

-Marist vs. Bryant

1st Round

-Towson/HPU winner at (1) Notre Dame

-(9) Albany vs. (8) Cornell

-(12) Ohio State vs. (5) Duke

-(13) Brown vs. (4) Denver

-Marist/Bryant winner at (2) Syracuse

-(10) Johns Hopkins at (7) Virginia

-(14) Colgate at (3) North Carolina

-(11) Yale at (6) Maryland

Division I - Women's

1st Round

-Jacksonville vs. UMass

-Notre Dame at Ohio State

-Louisville at (8) Northwestern

-Loyola (MD) vs. Bryant

-Albany at Penn

-James Madison vs. USC

-Princeton vs. Fairfield

-Winthrop vs. (7) Virginia

-John Hopkins at Penn State

-Florida at Stanford

2nd Round

-Jacksonville/UMass winner at (1) Maryland

-Notre Dame/Ohio State winner vs. Louisville/Northwestern winner

-Loyola/Bryant winner at (5) Boston College

-Albany/Penn winner at (4) Syracuse

-USC/James Madison winner at (3) Duke

-Princeton/Fairfield winner at (6) Stony Brook

-Winthrop/Virginia winner vs. John Hopkins/Penn State winner

-Florida/Stanford winner at (2) North Carolina

Division II - Men's

1st Round

North Region

-LIU Post at LeMoyne

-Merrimack at Adelphi

South Region

-Lindenwood at Limestone

-Tampa at Lake Erie

Division II - Women's

1st Round

-Stonehill at Adelphi

-New Haven at LeMoyne

-Rollins at Lock Haven

-Florida Southern at Lindenwood

Division III - Men's

1st Round

-Morrisville State at RIT

-Nazareth at Union

-Colorado College at Endicott

-Springfield at SUNY Cortland

-Castleton State at Amherst

-Montclair State at Middlebury

-Keene State at Bates

-Emmanuel (MA) at Tufts

-Catholic at Gettysburg

-Ursinus at Cabrini

-Albion at Augustana (IL)

-Carthage at Ohio Wesleyan

-Eastern at Stevenson

-Roanoke at Salisbury

-Aurora at Otterbein

-Sewanee at Lynchburg

Division III - Women's

1st Round

-Morrisville State at Castleton State

-Cabrini at FDU-Florham

-Regis (MA) at MIT

-Keene State at St. Joseph's (Long Island)

-Bridgewater State at St. Joseph's (Maine)

-Rhodes at Meredith

2nd Round

-Morrisville State/Castleton State winner at SUNY Cortland

-Concordia (WI) at Augustana (IL)

-Albion at Mount Union

-Western New England at Catholic

-Cabrini/FDU-Florham winner at Gettysburg

-Union at York (PA)

-Regis/MIT winner at Middlebury

-Hamilton at Salisbury

-Keene State/St. Joesph's (L.I.) winner at Trinity (CT)

-Occidental at Pomona-Pitzer

-Bridgewater State/St. Joesph's (ME) winner at Bowdoin

-St. John Fisher at The College of New Jersey

-Rhodes/Meredith winner at Franklin and Marshall

-Tufts at Messiah

-Denison at SUNY Fredonia

-Sewanee at Washington and Lee

The selection committee emphasized head-to-head quite a ton this year (which it seems like they never did until this year), which is why Cornell's hosting Albany. See also: Notre Dame at 1 and Syracuse at 2 and why Brown's in and Princeton's out.

That might fly IF we didn't know the NCAA's track record of being, well, hypocritical.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

It's always good news when a school adds a sport, especially lacrosse since it is a growing sport.

It's even better for the sport when a HBCU adds it like Hampton. They easily have a home in the SoCon within a few years and it'll help immensely for the program.

You'll gain natural conference rivals (In state foes like Richmond and VMI, plus fellow conference members High Point and Furman) and be able to compete for an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament on a yearly basis.

In the evening games Notre Dame held off a feisty upset bid from Towson and, well, the scoreline of the tournament so far as Duke won't get to go for the 3-peat after getting blown out by Ohio State 16-11 (the game was much more lopsided than the score).

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Quarterfinals are set for next weekend...

In Denver (!), top seed Notre Dame takes on Albany, then upset minded Ohio State takes on hometown favorite Denver.

In Annapolis, John Hopkins tries to continue it's recent hot streak against Syracuse, then North Carolina and Maryland renew a former ACC rivalry.

I'll be hoping to see 2 Big Ten teams in the semi's after these matches. I think Denver will have a big edge on Ohio State but that Maryland vs North Carolina match could be a barn burner.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Might as well put a nice bow on this thread as the Denver Pioneers come away as the 2015 National Champions, meaning the title's heading out west for the first time ever! Seventh title for Bill Tierney and a great way to end a collegiate career for Wes Berg and Ryan LaPlante. That being said, Maryland's title drought now goes up to an unbelievable 41 years.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Two great semifinal games . . . a lackluster final. It's a shame Monday's championship game couldn't have gone down to the wire like both of Saturday's games.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived