Favorite Super Bowl Uniform Matchups

RockyTopper

Rams-Titans was a good looking Super Bowl and an even more incredible finish to a game.

53cf93453b3fe.preview-620.jpg

Those Rams unis were perfect.

I'm glad Tennessee's going back to those navy jerseys as their primary home look next season. One thing that I never really understood is why the Rams changed those classic uniforms literally the season after they won the Super Bowl in them.

I didn't mind the switch from Royal/Yellow to Navy/Gold. I actually prefer the more "modern" colors, but I wish the Rams would have kept the same jersey template and just done a color swap.

True. I don't mind the new colors, either, I just found it odd how they chose that season to make a thorough change like that. I think that template with the modern gold and blue would look nice.

Speaking of the Rams, Super Bowl XIV was another nice SB uniform match-up in my opinion. I can't recall such a gold-centric SB!

super-bowl-xiv-terry-bradshaw.jpg

ICXC NIKA

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams-Titans was a good looking Super Bowl and an even more incredible finish to a game.

I'm glad Tennessee's going back to those navy jerseys as their primary home look next season. One thing that I never really understood is why the Rams changed those classic uniforms literally the season after they won the Super Bowl in them.

I didn't mind the switch from Royal/Yellow to Navy/Gold. I actually prefer the more "modern" colors, but I wish the Rams would have kept the same jersey template and just done a color swap.

True. I don't mind the new colors, either, I just found it odd how they chose that season to make a thorough change like that. I think that template with the modern gold and blue would look nice.

Speaking of the Rams, Super Bowl XIV was another nice SB uniform match-up in my opinion. I can't recall such a gold-centric SB!

Maybe the Packers/Steelers super bowl 5 years ago?

Maybe the Packers/Steelers super bowl 5 years ago?

True. Well, Green Bay wore their green home uniforms that game, and it was more distinguishable than the Rams' blue in XIV, especially from the nighttime and the quality of photos from the time period.

ICXC NIKA

Changing uniforms is a multi year process. The Rams actually wanted to change their uniforms the year they won the Super Bowl. They submitted the application late, however, and so they had to wait a year. Long and short of it? The Rams were changing their uniforms the next season whether they won the Super Bowl or not.

Changing uniforms is a multi year process. The Rams actually wanted to change their uniforms the year they won the Super Bowl. They submitted the application late, however, and so they had to wait a year. Long and short of it? The Rams were changing their uniforms the next season whether they won the Super Bowl or not.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clarifying that! It's easy to forget all of the logistics and paperwork and other things that go into something like uniforms for a pro sports team, it's logical that it was already set to happen and their championship the year before was pure coincidence. The more ya know, eh?

ICXC NIKA

I'm surprised to see Super Bowl's 31 and 32 here... IMO, the AFC team ruined the Packers' presence in both instances.

Call me a homer, but I still think the first two Super Bowls rank amongst the best. I also think every change the Packers have made to their uniforms since has been a downgrade.

super-bowl1967.jpg

sb2_linemen.jpg

I think this topic could be expanded to general championship match-ups across ALL sports, not just NFL. There are only so many Super Bowls but many, many World Series, Stanley Cup Finals, NBA Finals, etc., and it could expand the topic a lot.

ICXC NIKA

Bias a bit but I'm so happy that the Saints didn't wear black pants. Black-gold and white-blue is a nice matchup.

nfl_a_coltsd1_576.jpg

I agree. The only thing holding it down would be the Saints' champagne-colored pants with the striped not matching the helmet. Fix those issues and this is probably the best matchup ever.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived