2016 World Cup of Hockey

spartacat_12

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

As long as they don't start animating them it should be fine. I'd rather they not do it though.

I don't think they animate them during play, but they definitely do during stoppages. Also to show the winner at the end of the game; that was pretty cool.

I don't really mind them, but I find that the synchronization with the camera movement can be a little off sometimes, and that's really annoying.

20 hours ago, McCarthy said:

My Uniform Rankings

1. Europe

2. Sweden

3. North America

4. Canada

5. Finland

6. USA

7. Russia

8. Czech Republic 

random thoughts:

- North America's radially arched nameplates are a cool touch. I wish an NHL team would give that a try.

The Rangers do it on their fauxbacks, and the end result is that they look like they're wearing the lousy NHL Shop/Fanatics replicas that can't be bothered to vertically arch the nameplates for the Rangers or Wings.

It's hard to spot on TV unless you're really looking for it, but I saw some WCOH replicas up-close, and the numbers for every team, and noticed they all have a mesh dot pattern screenprinted on the twill. Does anyone know if the on-ice jerseys also have the pattern printed, or are they doing something akin to adidas' Rev30 NBA jerseys, and sewing mesh on top of a twill layer? Because if it's the latter, and if that's coming to the NHL with the adidas contract, ugh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That ain't bad at all. You'll be hard-pressed to find them that cheap anywhere until the surplus starts showing up on eBay next year, I'd think.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 9/21/2016 at 6:14 AM, Sodboy13 said:

It's hard to spot on TV unless you're really looking for it, but I saw some WCOH replicas up-close, and the numbers for every team, and noticed they all have a mesh dot pattern screenprinted on the twill. Does anyone know if the on-ice jerseys also have the pattern printed, or are they doing something akin to adidas' Rev30 NBA jerseys, and sewing mesh on top of a twill layer? Because if it's the latter, and if that's coming to the NHL with the adidas contract, ugh.

I've read somewhere that the twill is actually perforated.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

18 hours ago, FGM13 said:

Sweden hasn't been wearing their yellows in this tourney and that is a travesty.

Agreed. The first game I saw with them in their blues I was happy as you don't see that jersey as much, but it's a shame the primary wasn't on display as much. Particularly with that distinctive yellow. 

Not that I care about the World Cup of Hockey (or as I call it The Training Camp of Hockey) but I will admit I love those Team Europe uniforms. I love that pop-art style logo and I love those 2 tone blue uniforms. Even the white ones are nice. It would be epic to see an NHL team adopt that look.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived