2016 World Cup of Hockey

spartacat_12

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing the Adidas striping on the Canadien jersey, I've been mostly nervous for the US sweaters, because they've been pretty bad as of late. (Why Navy?) But the rest of the teasers look like they could be at least half decent...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Triple-blue? I am intrigued.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

53 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Just for housekeeping purposes, Adidas will stick with the Edge template that they've been using under the Reebok banner with these, right? It looks the same but I wasn't 100% sure.

Yeah, they've already announced that the change from Reebok to Adidas won't mean a change in cut or materials.

13 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Yeah, they've already announced that the change from Reebok to Adidas won't mean a change in cut or materials.

I believe they announced that about the NHL jerseys. Based on things like the dimpled material on that Czech jersey and the shape of the underarm mesh I think we'll be seeing a new template for this tournament. I could be entirely wrong about that though since these images don't show much.

4 hours ago, mattwillcox said:

I believe they announced that about the NHL jerseys. Based on things like the dimpled material on that Czech jersey and the shape of the underarm mesh I think we'll be seeing a new template for this tournament. I could be entirely wrong about that though since these images don't show much.

The underarm mesh was used in the pre-Edge days. And the Edge uniforms have mostly resorted to pre-Edge materials and cuts anyway. The collars and scoop hems are all that's left of the "Edge" system. So the underarm mesh wouldn't be that much of a change considering what constitutes the "Edge" templates these days anyway.

21 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The underarm mesh was used in the pre-Edge days. And the Edge uniforms have mostly resorted to pre-Edge materials and cuts anyway. The collars and scoop hems are all that's left of the "Edge" system. So the underarm mesh wouldn't be that much of a change considering what constitutes the "Edge" templates these days anyway.

They've certainly opened the original edge cuts up a bit fit wise, but the seam patterns are all still the same with a couple new ones. What I'm seeing with the underarm mesh in the previews to me looks like a rectangular panel running from under the arm to the hem with a mesh portion. Because of that I think we're going to see an entirely new seam pattern and possibly some new materials (based on the dimpled portion of the jersey). If adidas has changed that much I wouldn't be surprised to see a new collar style either.

I guess what I'm getting at is if they've created an entirely new seam pattern I don't see why it wouldn't be part of a new uniform system. If the plan was to just keep the edge system then I don't think anything would have changed except the designs. I know I'm inferring a lot from a couple of close up images. I just kind of have a hunch (which could be completely off base so I'll just have to wait and see).

The US looks like they'll have the hanger effect in the collar, and the collar looks like the new one they've been using on the Stadium Series and Islanders 3rd uniforms. https://twitter.com/NHL/status/702968875911135232

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I think the jerseys are going to look great based on the teasers.  Can't wait to get a USA one!  Or maybe since I'm an American living in Canada, I should just root for the North American U23 Team! :)

Also just thought I would put this up here, as no one has posted the logo yet.  I wonder if they will release more logos as well as we get closer to the tournament.

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/worldcup/2016/images/wc-hockey-2016.png

http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/Adidas-WCH-thumbnail.jpg

I also was thinking that since the WCoH is not really under the IIHF anymore, but done by the NHL now, maybe the main logo site could move it from out of the IIHF section into it's own section under Inter. Hockey.  No sure if that would work, but just a thought.  Or add a new WCoH in the NHL section under NHL League Related Logos but stil have them connected in a timeline with the IIHF logos.

I have a feeling that Canada is going to have the worst jerseys, and the Euro team will be the best. But I also have the feeling that Canada and the US will have amazing logos. The rest will be ok. Especially since we know that the Czechs will have the regular seal and the Swedes will have the 3 crowns... 

By the way, has anyone made any mockups based off of the teasers? I was really hoping to see some, because I know I wouldn't have enough time to finish them... 

On February 25, 2016 at 4:33 PM, BelfourThibault said:

On the plus side, since this is an NHL sanctioned tournament, we'll get to use them in the EA games as opposed to the generic national jerseys.

I never understood why EA included Switzerland's Nike jerseys, including Swooshes, but made generic jerseys for every other country. 

Archived