Penn State jerseys

BC26

Penn state is all about tradition and we like the uniforms how they are now. No stripes or anything, no logos, only stripe is on the helmet

Well, this is only a concept. He has every right to show his ideas if he wants to. Tradition is overrated anyway, if you ask me.

The S-in-keystone isn't an original idea--it's been done in many different concepts, and it already exists on apparel...

11341-DEFAULT-s.jpg

Regarding the concept, I'm not a fan of the grey. I would go with a single blue stripe on the helmet and pants. I'm not sure about having both the S-in-keystone AND the interlocking PS...I like the S-in-keystone more, but the interlocking PS is more original.

The S-in-keystone isn't an original idea--it's been done in many different concepts, and it already exists on apparel...

11341-DEFAULT-s.jpg

Regarding the concept, I'm not a fan of the grey. I would go with a single blue stripe on the helmet and pants. I'm not sure about having both the S-in-keystone AND the interlocking PS...I like the S-in-keystone more, but the interlocking PS is more original.

Oh jeeze I had no idea. Is it a academic logo or something?

spacer.png

11341-DEFAULT-s.jpg

Oh jeeze I had no idea. Is it a academic logo or something?

I don't think it's an official university mark. I think it's just used by various companies on apparel. My point was more that it's been done many times and it's a pretty simple idea--an S for "State" inside the official mark of the state.

• The "Keystone S" logo is not official but is used on memorabilia with a contingent of supporters wishing to use such logo as an official logo; see: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/84650-penn-state-rebranding-conceptvision-update-23oct2014-post-45/?hl=+penn%20+state%20+rebrand. There is even a picture in the document "BroadSt_Bully" posted with the "Keystone S" and the year 1910.
  • Interesting choice with the interlocking "PS". Penn State Baseball uses a similar concept. Great effort to try and "unify" the fonts used by Penn State.
  • Your "PS" outline in white needs to be thicker. It gets "murky" on the helmet.
  • I appreciate the attempt with using gray; but I do not like it on the helmet. The gray makes the helmet look dirty.
  • I despise the "Nike Collar" on any uniform and especially Penn State's.
  • I do not think Penn State needs 2 color collars.
  • I am not sure I like the white cuff on the sleeves.
  • The pant stripes look good on your concept; in old photos Penn State used to feature a solid blue stripe on their pants.

Well done. Overall, I like your attempt. You didn't do anything "crazy" but modernized the current look slightly.

As a Penn State Alumnus, I am torn between the traditional plain look or a complete rehaul of the brand. Could you try removing the gray on the helmet, having a solid blue collar, and adding a gray based alternate jersey?

Archived