MiLB | Salt Lake Bees Rebrand

Go Red Sox!

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20current%20logo_zps6

This is my latest rebrand of the MiLB Salt Lake Bees. "Bumble" is now a lot more aggressive and determined than before. Orange and red have been added to the traditional colors gold, black and white. Red remotely points towards the Bees'

MLB affiliation, more precisely the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Cool gray serves as a mark color. Comments are welcome as usual, guys.

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20logo%20presentation

Logo%20Comparison_zpste8iosib.png

Before After

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20primary%20logo_zpse

Primary logo

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20secondary%20logo_zp

Alternate "Bumble" logo

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20tertiary%20logo_zps

Alternate logo ("B" with a honey drop, in front of a beehive frame in the shape of the state of Utah)

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20roundel%20logo_zpsg

Alternate logo (Bee from above, flying over honeycombs)

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20alternate%20logo_zp

Alternate logo

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20Initials%20logo_zps

Team initials

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20wordmarks_zpst8aclf

Word marks

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a huge fan of this. While I do like the old logo, every bit of that looks incredible. I especially am a fan of the Honey B in the outline of Utah. Looks awesome.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Wow, there's nothing about this I don't like. The color scheme, the font, each of the logos...it's all very well done. I do agree with two posters on their minor critiques, though.

Incredible. The only logo I'm not entirely sold on is the bee head in the red hexagon. It's seems too off-balanced.

Maybe if you moved it a smidgen to the right--so that the antenna is lined up with the edge of the hexagon--it would be better.

Very good overall, but the bee with bat logo is far too similar to the Single-A Midwest League Burlington Bees logo for my tastes. The othersbare fantastic, but that similarity immediately jumped out at me.

Looked the logo up, and I do agree. They're rendered differently and have different features, but the pose is identical. It may be different enough that it would be allowed, but it's close. Nevertheless, very great work!

Thanks for all your comments, guys.

@JoHyphenE: I've read your comment and I also have to agree. My bad. I strictly want to avoid similarities to existing logos, but obviously I didn't research enough this time. I'm not really familiar with MiLB and its teams. After comparing the "stance" of my bee with the

one of the Burlington Bees, I have to admit it actually looks like a slight ripoff in terms of the posture. The weird part is that I didn't even know the Burlington Bees or their current logo before, until you mentioned them. If I had, I would have strictly avoided that stereotype pose. I didn't want to create a bee with legs, standing there, readying for the pitch, like in the current logo. My first draft looked totally different because the bee's body was a lot more vertical than it is now. I didn't like that because it didn't really fit to the honeycomb or the font in the back and therefore I bended the bee's tail part to make it more compact and less vertical. Unfortunately, the bee's pose is now very similar to the aforementioned logo. It's actually annoying me a lot right now. Well, don't cry over spilled milk.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

These are amazing! Well done. The only issue I have is that with the team initials, I can't help but see the St. Louis Cardinals cap logo, which the Angels might not like to see.

Thanks!

I know what you mean. There's just no other way to interlock the letters "S" and "L" differently, like in the famous Cardinals cap logo, without making the whole thing look forced or awkward. Unfortunately both cities have the same initials.

This is an amazing update, I'm just not sure if I'd like to see it replace their classic identity. Does everything have to be sleek, mean-looking, and have three different accent colors?

Thanks.

I wanted to create a mean-looking bee protecting its beehive. When you provoke bees in real life, they might sting you quicker than expected. That was one of my initial thoughts.

Archived