Ask A Moderator

6 minutes ago, LMU said:

FYI - the Wrestling Crush thread was removed.  It was heading in the direction of the Babe of the Week thread.

why was the Babe of the Week thread ended up getting removed anyway.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Just now, goalieboy82 said:

why was the Babe of the Week thread ended up getting removed anyway.  

Google started pulling ads due to sexual content.

VmWIn6B.png

Yo, mods! I think we should have a new forum...a "brainstorming" forum where people can throw out ideas and find like-minded collaborators. It would be basically like a precursor to the concepts forum, with a tiny bit of the requests forum thrown in. What say you? Or is there already a forum similar to what I've described?

6 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yo, mods! I think we should have a new forum...a "brainstorming" forum where people can throw out ideas and find like-minded collaborators. It would be basically like a precursor to the concepts forum, with a tiny bit of the requests forum thrown in. What say you? Or is there already a forum similar to what I've described?

Concept Thread Think Tank

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I guess anyone can answer this, not necessarily a mod, but how do we upload gifs as avatars?

Also, would the Wrestling Crush and/or Babe of the Week thread be problematic if posters didn’t include images or videos? Just curious. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

58 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm curious, what was the motivation behind adding an appeals system for banned users?

A little while back, the moderating team adopted a new voting system for forum punishments that introduced the ability to give longer suspensions than before in an attempt to avoid having to quickly escalate to a full ban. There’s a thought that certain members would’ve simply seen a long suspension, rather than a ban, had the current system been in place. (We believe this to be the case with Will, for instance.)

I think there’s also a realization that (a) people change and maybe shouldn’t have actions from multiple years ago held against them and (b) we probably make mistakes as moderators such that, a couple years later, we can maybe realize that we got it wrong.

That’s my personal take on it all, at least.

• Like 1

6fQjS3M.png

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed many of the sites I visit have updated their Privacy Policy and/or Terms of Service to be GDPR compliant in accordance with the EU GDPR regulation even as I'm not contacting these sites from the EU.

Then I realized that I never recall this board telling me that there was any Privacy Policy update. I looked at the current policy and really seemed very succinct compared to other message board policies, if not lacking.

Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback/comments.

11 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed many of the sites I visit have updated their Privacy Policy and/or Terms of Service to be GDPR compliant in accordance with the EU GDPR regulation even as I'm not contacting these sites from the EU.

Then I realized that I never recall this board telling me that there was any Privacy Policy update. I looked at the current policy and really seemed very succinct compared to other message board policies, if not lacking.

Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback/comments.

The latest board update took care of it.

VmWIn6B.png

Does Brandiose ever actually read this forum?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I’m not sure if this is the place to do this, but does anyone use a good free program similar to Illustrator? I’m not going to be able to continue using Illustrator past this week.

6 minutes ago, hkynik_55 said:

I’m not sure if this is the place to do this, but does anyone use a good free program similar to Illustrator? I’m not going to be able to continue using Illustrator past this week.

If you are looking for a free vector-based program, then Inkscape is likely your best bet.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having issues with liking posts? If I just click once, the like doesn't go through - I'm having to double click (and keep a brief pause in between the two clicks) in order for a like to go through. It's very strange. Has been happening the past few days.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Is anyone else having issues with liking posts? If I just click once, the like doesn't go through - I'm having to double click (and keep a brief pause in between the two clicks) in order for a like to go through. It's very strange. Has been happening the past few days.

I'm guessing this is related to "____liked" reverting back to "_____reacted to" when we had Buzzfeed reactions to choose from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kaz said:

I'm guessing this is related to "____liked" reverting back to "_____reacted to" when we had Buzzfeed reactions to choose from.

But it does seem a little pointless since we can still only like posts (not saying that’s a bad thing, but if they’re going to change the button and the syntax, might as well give us the options). 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Makes sense. It does seem like the interface is wanting me to choose a "reaction" option after I click the first time, but not giving me anything to choose from.

(So the board software is now a vague metaphor for life. Great.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Makes sense. It does seem like the interface is wanting me to choose a "reaction" option after I click the first time, but not giving me anything to choose from.

(So the board software is now a vague metaphor for life. Great.)

We purposely removed the different reactions since we didn’t want to have bruised egos running amok. I’m assuming the most recent board update is still treating likes as one of several reaction options.

• Like 2

VmWIn6B.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.