14 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

I'm able to get to it via Chrome mobile

Mobile it loads no problem, but on my laptop its been very touch and go for a couple months now. 

Problem's on your end.  I had no problem.

19 minutes ago, LMU said:

Problem's on your end.  I had no problem.

I think i got it fixed for now. Something was wrong with my network drivers. 

FYI - the Wrestling Crush thread was removed.  It was heading in the direction of the Babe of the Week thread.

6 minutes ago, LMU said:

FYI - the Wrestling Crush thread was removed.  It was heading in the direction of the Babe of the Week thread.

why was the Babe of the Week thread ended up getting removed anyway.  

Just now, goalieboy82 said:

why was the Babe of the Week thread ended up getting removed anyway.  

Google started pulling ads due to sexual content.

1 minute ago, LMU said:

Google started pulling ads due to sexual content.

i figure it was something like that.

Yo, mods! I think we should have a new forum...a "brainstorming" forum where people can throw out ideas and find like-minded collaborators. It would be basically like a precursor to the concepts forum, with a tiny bit of the requests forum thrown in. What say you? Or is there already a forum similar to what I've described?

6 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yo, mods! I think we should have a new forum...a "brainstorming" forum where people can throw out ideas and find like-minded collaborators. It would be basically like a precursor to the concepts forum, with a tiny bit of the requests forum thrown in. What say you? Or is there already a forum similar to what I've described?

Concept Thread Think Tank

36 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Thank you!

I guess anyone can answer this, not necessarily a mod, but how do we upload gifs as avatars?

Also, would the Wrestling Crush and/or Babe of the Week thread be problematic if posters didn’t include images or videos? Just curious. 

I'm curious, what was the motivation behind adding an appeals system for banned users?

58 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm curious, what was the motivation behind adding an appeals system for banned users?

A little while back, the moderating team adopted a new voting system for forum punishments that introduced the ability to give longer suspensions than before in an attempt to avoid having to quickly escalate to a full ban. There’s a thought that certain members would’ve simply seen a long suspension, rather than a ban, had the current system been in place. (We believe this to be the case with Will, for instance.)

I think there’s also a realization that (a) people change and maybe shouldn’t have actions from multiple years ago held against them and (b) we probably make mistakes as moderators such that, a couple years later, we can maybe realize that we got it wrong.

That’s my personal take on it all, at least.

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed many of the sites I visit have updated their Privacy Policy and/or Terms of Service to be GDPR compliant in accordance with the EU GDPR regulation even as I'm not contacting these sites from the EU.

Then I realized that I never recall this board telling me that there was any Privacy Policy update. I looked at the current policy and really seemed very succinct compared to other message board policies, if not lacking.

Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback/comments.

11 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed many of the sites I visit have updated their Privacy Policy and/or Terms of Service to be GDPR compliant in accordance with the EU GDPR regulation even as I'm not contacting these sites from the EU.

Then I realized that I never recall this board telling me that there was any Privacy Policy update. I looked at the current policy and really seemed very succinct compared to other message board policies, if not lacking.

Any thoughts?

I appreciate any feedback/comments.

The latest board update took care of it.

Does Brandiose ever actually read this forum?

I’m not sure if this is the place to do this, but does anyone use a good free program similar to Illustrator? I’m not going to be able to continue using Illustrator past this week.

6 minutes ago, hkynik_55 said:

I’m not sure if this is the place to do this, but does anyone use a good free program similar to Illustrator? I’m not going to be able to continue using Illustrator past this week.

If you are looking for a free vector-based program, then Inkscape is likely your best bet.

Is anyone else having issues with liking posts? If I just click once, the like doesn't go through - I'm having to double click (and keep a brief pause in between the two clicks) in order for a like to go through. It's very strange. Has been happening the past few days.