Ask A Moderator

1 hour ago, LMU said:

We purposely removed the different reactions since we didn’t want to have bruised egos running amok. I’m assuming the most recent board update is still treating likes as one of several reaction options.

Imagine if "disliking" was an option during ozzyman's legendary LeBron-fueled tantrum.

• Like 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, LMU said:

We purposely removed the different reactions since we didn’t want to have bruised egos running amok. I’m assuming the most recent board update is still treating likes as one of several reaction options.

I fully support that, personally. The "Like" option is a good; anything else just leads to users sniping at one another via reactions, rather than engaging in an actual discussion.

(As you can probably guess, I was one of those minority of Facebook users who didn't want a "dislike" button at all.)

We ought to allow for Native American nickname/logo discussion on *sportslogos.net.* It isn’t “political.” It’s respect and dignity-based. Is banning discussion of other forms of racism in historical sports branding “political?” Seriously, would we ban discussion of a nickname or logo that disrespected black or Latinx people? 

• Like 1

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

8 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

We ought to allow for Native American nickname/logo discussion on *sportslogos.net.* It isn’t “political.” It’s respect and dignity-based. Is banning discussion of other forms of racism in historical sports branding “political?” Seriously, would we ban discussion of a nickname or logo that disrespected black or Latinx people? 

It’s in the rules:

4. No Discussion of Native American Team Name Controversies

This topic, like various political topics, often devolves into name calling, straw man construction, and other assorted "tactics" not suitable in intelligent, mutually respectable debate.

So until Chris changes his mind about it, this discussion is over.

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

That particular guideline is less about politics and more about people not being able to be rational or logical when discussing it.

It seems to me that the appropriate solution to that problem is to ban those people, not the topic.

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

It’s in the rules:

So until Chris changes his mind about it, this discussion is over.

@CC97 Chris, I think you ought to change your mind about this. At the very least, "people not being able to be rational or logical when discussing" this issue can be <MOD EDITED> on the back end rather than preventing anybody from engaging in a substantive discussion about something that is so so so prevalent and important to the topics of this forum which we all care so much about.

• Like 2

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

19 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

@CC97 Chris, I think you ought to change your mind about this. At the very least, "people not being able to be rational or logical when discussing" this issue can be <MOD EDITED> on the back end rather than preventing anybody from engaging in a substantive discussion about something that is so so so prevalent and important to the topics of this forum which we all care so much about.

Its been unofficially lifted several times before and the result is invariably the same - the pro-slur side cannot discuss without dismissing the other side and calling them “PC” or “libtards” or other nonsense, then claiming they’re the ones who are the real victims and being persecuted, then eventually saying that it’s a first amendment thing. It’s the same every. Single. Time. No need to repeat again when we’ve already lathered and rinsed a dozen times. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, ReesDaKing said:

How do you do the signature thing? Cause I want this 34q324k.jpg2pyng3a.jpgiml1c7.jpgj0zmog.jpg208y1pf.jpg10cnl9t.jpg

Nobody cares where you come from. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, ReesDaKing said:

How do you do the signature thing? Cause I want this 

(image removed)

You go to the menu, click "account", then click "account settings". From there, go to "signature" and then upload your sig(s).

Just don't be obnoxious and put a whole bunch of those things in it. 

18 minutes ago, Atomic said:

You go to the menu, click "account", then click "account settings". From there, go to "signature" and then upload your sig(s).

Just don't be obnoxious and put a whole bunch of those things in it. 

OK, thanks by the way

Big Baller Brand is successful

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It seems to me that the appropriate solution to that problem is to ban those people, not the topic.

Most of them were.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Holy crap - just saw the appeals thread.  That's awesome.  If I understand, the accounts have to have been banned for at least the past two years?  So Tnak wouldn't be eligible?

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Holy crap - just saw the appeals thread.  That's awesome.  If I understand, the accounts have to have been banned for at least the past two years?  So Tnak wouldn't be eligible?

He made dupes, so he’s not eligible (good). That rule also means that VictoriaGooner, various low-level trolls, and Louie can’t come back.

It does mean that guys like McCall, FunkyBunky, and ICS are A-OK. Of course, that all depends on how the mods feel about them.

Since there was never an appeals process, I'd personally let the dups thing slide for past bans, as long as it was only one dup, but I get it.  I'd love to see the back-and-forth of an appeal - bet a lot of them would be pretty fun.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

When a member is banned, can they still log in to their account? Confused on how a banned user actually goes about submitting an appeal.

Get yourself banned, then you'll find out.  I'll support your appeal - I swear.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

When a member is banned, can they still log in to their account? Confused on how a banned user actually goes about submitting an appeal.

Banned users can still read certain parts of the boards, like the general public can. I believe they can log in but they can't really do anything once they do. The appeal process is initiated by filling out a form that hosted externally from the boards, and it is posted in a forum that is readable by all.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.