Ask A Moderator

No problem. BBTV is always looking for an opportunity to show a n00b the way.

lol and oh to get a template i should just google search "jersey template"?

Try this thread.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=63599

It has bunches of them.

oh wow awesome thread everything i need is on there! thanks for your help!

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Try this thread.

It has bunches of them.

i have one last question:

is it illegal to use microsoft Clip Art to find a picture of an animal/mascot, and then use it as a base log on which you edit and add things around it? and what about this web site, is it illegal to copy and paste from it?

is this ok?

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Try this thread.

It has bunches of them.

is it illegal to use microsoft Clip Art to find a picture of an animal/mascot, and then use it as a base log on which you edit and add things around it? and what about this web site, is it illegal to copy and paste from it?

is this ok?

alright never mind. i read the copyright info. i can use them however i want and can post up to 3 to a website. if i want to post more i have to get permission...

Try this thread.

It has bunches of them.

is this ok?

alright never mind. i read the copyright info. i can use them however i want and can post up to 3 to a website. if i want to post more i have to get permission...

Wouldn't recommend it - it's always better to come up with your own original work. If you do decide to edit someone else's work, make sure to give credit to the original designer and state in your concept thread where you got the original from. This cannot be stressed enough - if you didn't design it, cite where you got it from (unless it's blatantly obvious, like an NFL logo.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Try this thread.

It has bunches of them.

is this ok?

Wouldn't recommend it - it's always better to come up with your own original work. If you do decide to edit someone else's work, make sure to give credit to the original designer and state in your concept thread where you got the original from. This cannot be stressed enough - if you didn't design it, cite where you got it from (unless it's blatantly obvious, like an NFL logo.)

yeah youre probably right. i think i will first draw my designs, upload them to my computer, then edit them on paint. its the best way to go, and i can customize it completely because i will be the one drawing/creating it

JDayton, if you want to know an easy way to convert your drawings into paint then do this. Scan it onto your computer, then open it in paint. Use a bright neon green or any other bright color to outline it. Upload the image to photobucket, then go to edit the picture. To the right hand side of the screen it says "geek" I believe. Click on this and then click on the "curves" function. Bring down the line until it is very dark, but you can still see the bright outline you made. Go to "decorate" and then use the fill tool to fill in all the dark with white. Save it and copy it back into paint. There might be a few pixels here and there to touch up, but it usually works for me. Hope I did a good enough job explaining this to you and I hope this helps. Good luck and happy designing! :grin:

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

11. What the font?

Sites for fonts. The first site, allows you to scan in images, and it tries to match the scan to a font. Works for the most part, but you have to pay for some fonts. Use it as a guide.

* 1001freefonts.com

* fontparadise.com

* sharkshock.com

* larabiefonts.com

* abstractfonts.com

are you sure that 1001freefonts.com lets you scan in images and match them to a font? i can't seem to figure out how to do so...

11. What the font?

Sites for fonts. The first site, allows you to scan in images, and it tries to match the scan to a font. Works for the most part, but you have to pay for some fonts. Use it as a guide.

* 1001freefonts.com

* fontparadise.com

* sharkshock.com

* larabiefonts.com

* abstractfonts.com

are you sure that 1001freefonts.com lets you scan in images and match them to a font? i can't seem to figure out how to do so...

Whatthefont.com lets you do just that.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

11. What the font?

* 1001freefonts.com

* fontparadise.com

* sharkshock.com

* larabiefonts.com

* abstractfonts.com

Whatthefont.com lets you do just that.

oh cool thanks cab...

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering, the Lions changed their logo and uniforms this year yet has not been updated on the main site, the 49ers have a new stadium logo and yet it has not been updated in two years. Their color also changed this year and no update, so does anyone know when the main site gets updated?

Edited by jagniner80

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to have a 'pinned' thread for us noobs to read. Just so that we can understand our initial limitations in using this forum. I am finding it a little difficult to navigate. I posted last night but cannot find my post to see if there where any responses.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.