Ask A Moderator

Just now, lopernv said:

How is rep generated? 

Sorry if I missed that bit.

Rep is just the number of times your posts have been liked — in the past, this was seen on just a user’s profile page.

I’d expect that we’ll take it back off of posts if we have that option post-update.

6fQjS3M.png

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

I...I oddly don't mind the circular avatars. 

Signatures are pointless.

I disagree. Another way and place to add some personal flair, helps me know who your favorite teams are so I can properly judge the poster, and I could boast about my various PotD's and Fantasy Football Championships. Where am I supposed to do that now? 

With the circular avatars we need signatures now more than ever. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

Count me down as liking the notifications.

However, quoting a quoted post only shows the most recent post, which kind of convolutes things.

18 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I disagree. Another way and place to add some personal flair, helps me know who your favorite teams are so I can properly judge the poster, and I could boast about my various PotD's and Fantasy Football Championships. Where am I supposed to do that now? 

With the circular avatars we need signatures now more than ever. 

Example: I quoted McCarthy's post above which quoted CS85's post, but only McCarthy's appears.

Hopefully this is something that will be fixed.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

There's this too. I'm using Firefox on Galaxy S6 Edge. Is this how others see the site on mobile? Unlike desktop, I can't change the text size. I know, first world problems. It just seems like the trend in Web design to make everything huge and I don't quite get it.

tmp_28270-Screenshot_2016-01-19-15-21-02386980106.png

This is my big thing too.  There's so much less content shown on the screen that I'd be better off using the desktop site on my mobile.  I think it may even look worse on iPhone than in your picture.  I'm not sure there's a need to spell out "Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community - Sports Logos.net Forums" with double lines of spaces in between the lines.  Maybe just "CCSLC" would get the job done and leave the full spelling to the desktop site.

I'm going to assume this is just a result of the changes that aren't finished yet so I'll just give it time (not that there's anything I can do about it) before I start bitching like an ungrateful child.

Whenever there's changes like this we tend to bitch for the first couple of days, then don't even notice, and then looking back we end up realizing they were for the better.  I'm sure that will be the case here too - if the mobile skin can be fixed so you can actually see content.

Edited by BringBackTheVet

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On the note of signing in, my screen name has spaces.   Will the sign-in protocol allow spaces to be input?

Also, I have yet to comment on the most offensive part of this upgrade.   Fearless Leader's avatar is now way out of whack.   The blurriness hurt my eyes.   Hopefully this will be fixed soon. XD

spacer.png

spacer.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.