Ask A Moderator

I just found the feature where I can search all of my posts...it's amazing.  It enabled me to find my first ever post (about the North Stars, go figure).  Based on page numbers, howrver, it looks like it has captured 7400 of my 7,800 posts.  Weird.  Does that mean I have 400 posts that are part of graveyarded threads?

Actually, the bottom shows 313 pages, which would be exactly right, but my first post comes on page 296.  297-313 are empty.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My biggest issue is the part where I can't go to the last read post on threads. It seems like the boards has done away with that, unless it's something that is being integrated during the process. On my phone I could click the thread title and go to my last read post with out either starting at the first page or go to the last page of the thread. On my desktop, I could click the drop box and it would tell the last read post. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Any chance you would consider reducing some of these signature restrictions? Reduce, as in cut the max images to two.

• Maximum of 4 images
  • Images up to 860 x 140 pixels
  • Maximum of 5 URLs
  • Maximum of 5 lines

I know I can turn off signatures, but I don’t mind them. The sigs actually help differentiate the posts in this new design, but I think they need to be limited further. Maybe only 100 pixels high? A user who maxes out those first two bullets can really bog down a thread. And, for me at least, I pretty much give up looking at that thread.

I realize these are just my thoughts and impressions--and I’m not about to leave the forums--but, in this new design, I think these considerations might help.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

3 hours ago, jdp said:

Any chance you would consider reducing some of these signature restrictions? Reduce, as in cut the max images to two.

• Maximum of 4 images
  • Images up to 860 x 140 pixels
  • Maximum of 5 URLs
  • Maximum of 5 lines

I know I can turn off signatures, but I don’t mind them. The sigs actually help differentiate the posts in this new design, but I think they need to be limited further. Maybe only 100 pixels high? A user who maxes out those first two bullets can really bog down a thread. And, for me at least, I pretty much give up looking at that thread.

I realize these are just my thoughts and impressions--and I’m not about to leave the forums--but, in this new design, I think these considerations might help.

We are definitely considering it, I spent most of last night focusing on the skin/template side of the site and to get the ads running (this place ain't cheap!), haven't really dived into the more advanced settings yet.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Okay, I can't find where to edit my sig.  I'm probably being an idiot and am entirely missing it, but I can't find it.  I feel like I'm being "that guy" with four huge images on my sig and would like to get it down to two images.  Any help is much appreciated.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Okay, I can't find where to edit my sig.  I'm probably being an idiot and am entirely missing it, but I can't find it.  I feel like I'm being "that guy" with four huge images on my sig and would like to get it down to two images.  Any help is much appreciated.

Go to the drop-down menu with your username/profile pic in the top right hand corner and select Account Settings. Then "Signature" is fourth from the left.

43 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Go to the drop-down menu with your username/profile pic in the top right hand corner and select Account Settings. Then "Signature" is fourth from the left.

Thanks!

spacer.png

Sorry for double post...

I was wondering: before the upgrade, at the bottom of the page, there were links to the overall top posters, today's top posters, and the most liked content.  Those were pretty cool and a neat feature, I thought.  Is there anyway to access those with this new upgrade?

spacer.png

Is there a way I can post an image via URL into the quick reply?  Dragging the image into the box is really annoying.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

13 minutes ago, LMU said:

Just use IMG brackets.

Gonna throw this out there, please don't take too much offense:  This is an absolutely lazy response.  I would get it if it was something like spoiler tags, but images are a foundation of any community board. much less one driven around design & sports logos.

Plus if there was ANY time to make this a feature (which I'm sure it's terribly easy to implement) it would be now, during the transition process.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

25 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Is there a way I can post an image via URL into the quick reply?  Dragging the image into the box is really annoying.

If you hit the "insert other media" button to the bottom right of quick reply, there's an option to paste an image from URL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, just took a look and it's under the "insert other media" pulldown.

We're flying by the seat of our pants here.  We've had to purge the cache 6 times today because an extra ":" crashed everything and we're just now at around 78% for the reconstruction of old posts.

VmWIn6B.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.