Ask A Moderator

now that I've had time to view it on desktop more, I agree that it's really white.  It lights up my whole room when viewd on my 27" monitor.  Maybe the sides (around the actual posts) could be a shade darker?  Maybe match the blue?  Just something a little less bright.

I haven't noticed any issues with fonts.  Can someone post a screen shot of the complaint?  I'm just curious to see if I'm viewing it differently somehow.  Everything looks fine to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

now that I've had time to view it on desktop more, I agree that it's really white.  It lights up my whole room when viewd on my 27" monitor.  Maybe the sides (around the actual posts) could be a shade darker?  Maybe match the blue?  Just something a little less bright.

I haven't noticed any issues with fonts.  Can someone post a screen shot of the complaint?  I'm just curious to see if I'm viewing it differently somehow.  Everything looks fine to me.

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 7.36.08 PM.png

The font is Roboto - the standard Android font. Like most people I don’t see what issue there is other than it being different.

In terms of colors, we can tinker with the background.

VmWIn6B.png

I can't even tell a difference between before and now. If it's different it's not enough for me to notice.  It's snot bold for me like it is in those screen shots.  Looks normal to me. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hi -- can the Start New/Reply To Topic be changed to a color that isn't bright red? It's really jarring.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Hi -- can the Start New/Reply To Topic be changed to a color that isn't bright red? It's really jarring.

The baby blue is nice. Thanks!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I still think there should be some red in there somewhere, but the baby blue is nice.  Maybe find a button or something to make red, just to give the page a bit more color.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It’s all trial and error.

Chris and I figured out the reply button this morning. We were going for a 70s Texas Rangers road uniform vibe with the baby blue added to the red/dark blue.

I’ll see if we can fit red somewhere.

VmWIn6B.png

50 minutes ago, LMU said:

It’s all trial and error.

Chris and I figured out the reply button this morning. We were going for a 70s Texas Rangers road uniform vibe with the baby blue added to the red/dark blue.

I’ll see if we can fit red somewhere.

The multiquote button isn't bad, but the font color needs to be made white.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is this using an Ubuntu font?  I don't know if I like it.  It's readable, but something about it feels off.

twitter

30 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Is this using an Ubuntu font?  I don't know if I like it.  It's readable, but something about it feels off.

It’s Roboto (the Android font)

VmWIn6B.png

14 minutes ago, LMU said:

It’s Roboto (the Android font)

Ahh yes, ol' Roboto.  Meh.

It's like the Coors Light of fonts.  It's good for economy brand beers, but there's gotta be something better out there.  Could do way, way worse, however.  

---

---

---

Disappointed to see that images don't automatically embed themselves.  Tweets, YouTube seem fine.

I don't like having to do the Insert other media/Insert image from URL thing.  

twitter

15 hours ago, LMU said:

The font is Roboto - the standard Android font. Like most people I don’t see what issue there is other than it being different.

In terms of colors, we can tinker with the background.

It's a very bold font. Feels like everything is screaming because of it. Using such a bold font for everything is too jarring and it removes visual hierarchy. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.