Ask A Moderator

On 10/25/2017 at 11:47 AM, Ice_Cap said:

We’ll be happy to deal with any and all inquiries via PM.   

I get the reasoning for getting rid of the thread. However, I don't think quietly doing it, with no explanation, is the way to go. This is a community, and not everyone used it as a piling-on thread. There are some who went there for context, and it is useful to inform us of the circumstances, to avoid putting ourselves in similar spots.

Are we owed an explanation? Probably not, but more trasparency is generally better.

• Like 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

27 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I get the reasoning for getting rid of the thread. However, I don't think quietly doing it, with no explanation, is the way to go. This is a community, and not everyone used it as a piling-on thread. There are some who went there for context, and it is useful to inform us of the circumstances, to avoid putting ourselves in similar spots.

Are we owed an explanation? Probably not, but more trasparency is generally better.

Again, if you have questions, please send a PM to the moderating team.

6fQjS3M.png

9 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Again, if you have questions, please send a PM to the moderating team.

Maybe i should clarify that I, personally, do not. I was just making an observatio/giving an opinion.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

36 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Maybe i should clarify that I, personally, do not. I was just making an observatio/giving an opinion.

Well you, or anyone else, are free to reach out to the mod team at any time to ask for clarification. We're happy to shed light on the situation via PM for anyone who wishes to ask.

On 9/24/2017 at 2:46 PM, DiePerske said:

you have to swipe left from the right edge of your screen, and that'll all show up.

I HATE it, and consider it a bad feature but it's all there.

Yup. Annoying as can be at first. I'm used to it now but I still don't like it.

At some time over the past couple of weeks, I seem to have lost the ability to resize a picture in a post made in the mobile interface.

I used to be able to tap twice on the picture in order to call up the dialogue box that allowed me to adjust the image's length and width. But no more.

Now when I tap twice on a picture that I am including in a post, this has no effect apart from highlighting that picture. I can no longer adjust its size.

Some photos and graphics are a lot bigger than they need to be for a post; and so the ability to shrink them down a bit was very useful.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

what's the fastest way to upload an image to a host so you can post the link when in phone? 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does the inability to upload pictures here directly have to do with some members avatars disappearing?

(Also if someone could tell me if my avatar is still there it would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure I saved this picture and uploaded it directly here, but it was a while ago.)

20 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

Does the inability to upload pictures here directly have to do with some members avatars disappearing?

(Also if someone could tell me if my avatar is still there it would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure I saved this picture and uploaded it directly here, but it was a while ago.)

More than likely. In order to get the server bill under control, some older attachments had to be removed from the server. Anything uploaded between Jan. 1, 2016 and Aug. 31, 2016 has been removed from the server, but those files were backed up and are available upon request. 

I can still see your avatar.

• Like 2

I have a suggestion in the Concepts section:

Since there is the Sports Fan Fiction subforum now, I wonder if all Logolympiad stuff should have it's own subforum as well? That way the current Logolympiad and years-past can all be viewed together, including the follow-up Portfolio threads.  Primarily to avoid cluttering non-Logolympiad threads

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Has anyone else been redirected to an virus-containing site while randomly scrolling? It's been consistently happening  to me for the past week.

Thank God for antivirus.

That happened a TON a while ago to me, but it stopped a couple weeks ago. Are you getting redirected to a site that says “You’ve got the secret chance!” and has a thumbs up on it? If so, that’s the one that I got. 

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

That happened a TON a while ago to me, but it stopped a couple weeks ago. Are you getting redirected to a site that says “You’ve got the secret chance!” and has a thumbs up on it? If so, that’s the one that I got. 

I don't actually know, the antivirus just aborts the connection before the website can load.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

On 11/25/2017 at 10:49 AM, NoE38 said:

Has anyone else been redirected to an virus-containing site while randomly scrolling? It's been consistently happening  to me for the past week.

Thank God for antivirus.

Yes! Been getting this all the time while on this website.

On 11/25/2017 at 10:49 AM, NoE38 said:

Thank God for antivirus.

I've been getting it too. 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.