Cinnranian Baseball League (Hand-drawn)- Cinnranian Flag, CBL Logo and a Sneak Peak!

CyGuy5

The CBL is a fictional league in my fictional country Cinnrania. There are 44 teams in the league, which are divided into two divisions, the Cinnrania East and the Cinnrania West. I give credit for my inspiration from TheGiantsFan. here is a list of the teams in their respective divisions. I plan on posting the history of the teams and their regions as i go along, which is why i'm not really going into too much detail here. I would be glad to answer any questions you guys have about the league in the comments, so feel free to ask!

CBLLeagues_zpsdda7cded.jpg?t=1422651757

History of Cinnrania: Cinnrania was a British territory just like the United States. Relations between the UK and Cinnrania were good, until the US rebelled. Cinnrania officially petitioned the British government in 1785 for freedom, and it was granted, as the Brits did not want another war. Relations between the US and Cinnrania grew, and during the Civil War, Cinnrania was a strong supporter of the Union, and funded some of their causes. in turn, many Americans visited Cinnrania in the years to follow, and brought baseball with them. Baseball quickly took off, and the first official Cinnrannian league was formed in 1875, however today's CBL was formed 20 years later, in 1905. The CBL rapidly grew to 15, 25, 35, and then to the 44 teams there are currently in the league. Today, baseball still is Cinnrania's national sport by far, with American Football the second most popular.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the stadium and uniforms of the Red Valley Navigators! Red Valley is located in central Cinnrania, and was one of the first major cities.Red Valley is one of the oldest cities in Cinnrania, and the Navigators are were the fourth team founded in 1875 The team is called the Navigators because it was from this city where two of Cinnrania's most influential people, were born( named Scott Abbot and Don Bailey). These two, like Lewis and Clark, Explored much of Cinnrania, discovering new territory and helping Cinnrania expand to what it is today. Today it serves as a very influential part of the country, and is home to many large companies.

Stadium: Navigator Field

redvalley_zps05b127b4.jpg?t=1422656901

Uniforms: The Navigators are one of the leagues oldest teams, which is why their uniforms have a traditional, old-school look, as they have worn the same uniforms form many years.

RedValleyUniforms_zpsdf08d046.jpg

Jerseys aren't too bad at all!

I see you're making stadium drawings with my template there! I don't mind it at all, but I suggest this: have you tried making realistically-sized baseball fields because that looks way too small. (My scale is that each square is 30'×30')

Can't wait to see more!

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Jerseys aren't too bad at all!

I see you're making stadium drawings with my template there! I don't mind it at all, but I suggest this: have you tried making realistically-sized baseball fields because that looks way too small. (My scale is that each square is 30'×30')

Can't wait to see more!

Thanks! I've never thought of having a set scale for my ballparks before, so thanks for the tip!

Jerseys and ballpark are quite nice. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more creativity with the logo, some sort of design utilizing a compass could look cool for navigators (maybe put the RV in a roundel with a subtle compass background). I would definitely keep the RV as a secondary and a cap logo, it just doesn't look like a primary mark to me.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

Jerseys and ballpark are quite nice. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more creativity with the logo, some sort of design utilizing a compass could look cool for navigators (maybe put the RV in a roundel with a subtle compass background). I would definitely keep the RV as a secondary and a cap logo, it just doesn't look like a primary mark to me.

funny story, I was debating whether or not to do something like that and decided against it. I decided to go with a KC Royals kind of look with it

funny story, I was debating whether or not to do something like that and decided against it. I decided to go with a KC Royals kind of look with it

The Royals are a perfect example of what I think would look best for your concept. Their primary logo has a lot more detail (it's the KC inside the home plate shape with a crown on top), but they use the simple KC more than that.

If you look at most major league baseball teams, they have a detailed primary that is pretty much only used on the uniforms as a shoulder patch, and a much simpler logo used on the caps and helmets.

Not saying that you have to follow this style with your league, it's just for the most part become the norm in American baseball.

4vAzk2u.png

The Royals are a perfect example of what I think would look best for your concept. Their primary logo has a lot more detail (it's the KC inside the home plate shape with a crown on top), but they use the simple KC more than that.

If you look at most major league baseball teams, they have a detailed primary that is pretty much only used on the uniforms as a shoulder patch, and a much simpler logo used on the caps and helmets.

Not saying that you have to follow this style with your league, it's just for the most part become the norm in American baseball.

True. Im a diehard Royals fan, so they might have some influence here... anyways, thanks for the tip! i will try to incorporate that into my upcoming designs.

I may actually have an idea for a few of your stadiums for my WRL Thread (when I get everything finalized)

If its ok with you. Don't want to use it without permission

It's OK with me! however if you could give me credit for the stadiums that would be great.

Today I give you the Andelton Jazz! Andleton is a very musical city, and is the place where young music artists go to hit it big. The team is one of the newer teams in the CBL, and is just beginning to reach their potential.

Stadium: Jazz Park. The building just off right field is full of suites and boxes, and the tan areas are team offices. The team offices are built out of a special type of stone exclusive to the area. Also, if you look past the scoreboard in center field, you see 4 squares. those are monuments honoring some of the Jazz's greatest teams and players

JazzPark_zps2c2a13bf.jpg?t=1422710282

Uniforms: If you look into the A logo, there is a music note on the left side of it. Anyways, here you go! (And yes, i do know the patch is on the wrong side)

JazzUnis_zpse5413b50.jpg

Another nice set! Minor nitpick, the round section of the music note should be bigger. Also, in terms of presentation, if you used a number other than 1 (and preferably 2 digit), we could see more of the number font you're using, right now its hard to figure out from just a 1. Nice job though and I'm looking forward to more.

4vAzk2u.png

Another nice set! Minor nitpick, the round section of the music note should be bigger. Also, in terms of presentation, if you used a number other than 1 (and preferably 2 digit), we could see more of the number font you're using, right now its hard to figure out from just a 1. Nice job though and I'm looking forward to more.

Thank you! my apologies on the number thing... i have four uniform sets made so far... all with one number. anyways, when i start making new one i will remember that!

I think you should move the front numbers up a bit. This may sound strange, but your team is the ANNONDALE Jazz and to the left of your jerseys it says DLETON :huh: . Anyway, I am looking forward to this series!

Thanks for the tips! my bad, but i made a mistake on the name, the team is called the Andleton Jazz. Annondale is a different city name. Oops!

Cinnrania's history has a few similarities to Canada's (and some differences in dates and in the absence of hockey). 44 teams is a lot for any league- no wonder even their creator gets them mixed up!

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived