AHL West - Stockton Logo Options

TheLAKnight

With the recent news of the AHL having 5 teams in California, there's bound to be new logos and jerseys for these teams. Bakersfield and Stockton are holding name-the-team contests, Ontario will unveil new logos and jerseys on 2/11, and San Diego's name will be unveiled on 2/22.

Here are 4 of the logos that I've edited to fit within their new brands. I'm not sure yet where to go with the Sharks affiliate so comments would be appreciated.

BakCondorsMain_zps214bd4c3.pngOntReignMain_zpsf3f037a7.pngSDGullsMain_zps6e320fbe.pngStkThunderMain_zps8a62253c.png

Jerseys for these teams will be out soon.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly not a huge fan of the Condors logo in the Oilers colors. That being said, I've really never liked the Condors logo. I like the other three logos, but I really hope that the Reign stick with the blue and orange instead of switching to black and silver (which I know they will end up doing).

I think it would be cool if the Sharks named their AHL team the Seals - whether it be the California Golden Seals or just the San Jose Seals. I'm excited to see where you take this!

MARKHAM UNITED.png

The Bakersfield Condors have been owned outright by the Edmonton Oilers since last year, and they didn't change the colours at the time of purchase. I agree it could happen, but they may also just leave the well-established identity alone. In your version of the logo, the voids beside the C and the S should be filled with the orange of the roundel, rather than blue, in my opinion.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Calgary tends to use Flame-related names, but they did keep the Omaha Knights the same- they just added some flames to the knight. Maybe they'll give Thor a beard of flames?

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

The first set of jerseys belong to the new (old) team in San Diego, the Gulls.

SDGullsDark_zps32070924.pngSDGullsLight_zps0ed55bd3.png

I will probably add third jerseys for most of these teams after I finish their main sets.

good idea but in the AHL the home jerseys are white and the away jerseys are colored

I couldn't remember how that worked in the AHL so I just left them as Dark and Light. I will keep that in mind for any third jerseys though.

The Gulls set could use more gold, it'd be cool to see the white jersey be gold instead.

I'll see what I can do. Adding gold to the logo looks good, but I'm not sure how gold in the striping will look. I might do a gold third jersey because I'll have to rework the striping rather than just swapping the base color.

Here are the next set of jerseys. The Reign have said that they are unveiling new gear soon and I'd wager that they'll be going to black, silver, and white. They were selling a fashion jersey earlier this season that was a black recolor of their current dark jersey (no pictures of it that I could find). I wanted to keep some of the elements that they use currently (gradients) but with a fresh take.

OntReignDark_zps9d8254ea.pngOntReignLight_zpsf994da92.png

I think these could be better. The weird stripes were added later because the jerseys looked a little plain without them. I'll probably revise this design at some point.

Archived