2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleep Todd Frazier. Wouldn't have even sniffed the semis in any other ballpark

You really are a sad and angry little man, aren't you?

No, I'm just tired of Frazier beating everyone in the derby.Every single time I get behind someone, they lose to him.
wait-what.gif

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Bleep Todd Frazier. Wouldn't have even sniffed the semis in any other ballpark

You really are a sad and angry little man, aren't you?

No, I'm just tired of Frazier beating everyone in the derby.Every single time I get behind someone, they lose to him.
wait-what.gif

This :censored: could get ugly,so I should back away.....

By the way,what an amazing home run derby! Just hope they'll bring it back next year in San Deigo.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

I loved the new format by the way. That one simple change made such a huge difference and injected life into an event that was basically dead. No more taking pitches, no more endless rounds that felt like they lasted forever, less Berman, required a little bit of strategy from the hitters, and knowing when something is going to end makes it so much easier to stay up and watch. There's no way they can ever go back to the old way now.

The time limit idea was an absolute necessity with Great American Ballpark too. The old format in that stadium would've been a disaster. They'd still be swinging in the first round right now if it weren't for the rule changes.

I wish I'd been there. That was one of the first times I've been seriously homesick since moving.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm glad Frazier won it. I always root for the "hometown hero" because I think it brings more excitement to the respected city.

By the way, I heard Andy Dalton got booed in the Celebrity All-Star Game. I didn't watch it, but I saw highlights of it on ESPN.

Frazier winning the derby as the hometown hero is a nice story. I think the new format is a total success. It added a race-against-the-clock excitement and pace that the event desperately needed.

I was glad to see Fielder bounce back with a commendable derby appearance after his injuries. I've always enjoyed watching him play

ICXC NIKA

I'm glad Frazier won it. I always root for the "hometown hero" because I think it brings more excitement to the respected city.

By the way, I heard Andy Dalton got booed in the Celebrity All-Star Game. I didn't watch it, but I saw highlights of it on ESPN.

I think this story was overblown. On the TV broadcast the crowd was mostly cheering when he stepped up to the plate. Then he hit the warning track with a softball and nobody was booing after that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Home Run Derby was one of the greatest sporting events I've witnessed in person (it would have been great if someone else had won, but Todd Frazier winning just added to it). I was in right field last night and it seemed like the home run balls hit formed a perimeter around our seats.

WHAT A BLAST.

Our seats are closer to the field tonight. Hoping to get some TV time.

I think this story was overblown. On the TV broadcast the crowd was mostly cheering when he stepped up to the plate. Then he hit the warning track with a softball and nobody was booing after that.

Go Bengals!

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

I loved the new format by the way. That one simple change made such a huge difference and injected life into an event that was basically dead. No more taking pitches, no more endless rounds that felt like they lasted forever, less Berman, required a little bit of strategy from the hitters, and knowing when something is going to end makes it so much easier to stay up and watch. There's no way they can ever go back to the old way now.

The time limit idea was an absolute necessity with Great American Ballpark too. The old format in that stadium would've been a disaster. They'd still be swinging in the first round right now if it weren't for the rule changes.

I wish I'd been there. That was one of the first times I've been seriously homesick since moving.

Same here. Before last night, I had zero interest in the HR Derby. When I heard about the format change, my first thought was it was just a dumb idea trying to breathe life into something that had long outlived it's usefulness. Man, was I wrong. The HR Derby was entertaining as all hell last night.

Does franchise four sound better than having a Mt. Rushmore?

Yes.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived