North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

Because that's what MLS needed. Another team in varying shades of blue.

I think it's pretty clear from looking at most of their branding and especially the home kits that MN United is principally a gray team, which would make them unique in MLS.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the expansion, I hope to find myself a MLS follower one of these days. The big thing though is finding a team to root for first. All my other loyalties are with the NYC teams, except for football where I admit to being a rover of sorts (I've got transient rooting interests that depend a lot on the individual match ups with a few exceptions). MLS came just a little bit too late to really imprint on my childhood sports memories so that's why I never followed it although I've always been aware of it. Too bad I live in a region now without much of an organized sports presence, much less a soccer one, so my exposure is likely to remain minimal until I move again someday.

Where do you reside? I can tell ppl I know without TFC, I probably wouldn't even care.

I guess that's kinda like the NHL in America without local teams.

I live in the Deep South US nowadays, so it's all about college football down here, which doesn't help me since I went to a smaller state school without much of a sports profile. And having grown up near the NYC metro area, it was all pro sports for me, especially basketball and baseball. So there really arent many like-minded fans around me.

I keep entertaining the idea of rooting for NYCFC for consistency's sake with the rest of my teams, but having not lived around there during their inception (and not likely to move back there in the future), I feel like that would be a cop out of sorts.

That was a tough loss. NYC was already in tough being without so many key players, but they they did the best they could given the circumstances. The first half was rather disappointing. They came out better in the second half with a lot of great chances but unfortunately, nothing came of them.

Sounders flamed out tonight. Had an extra man from the 18th minute onward, but anyone not named Martins or Dempsey can score.

Watched 90 minutes of an 0-0 tie. Blegh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Those teams don't, and that's the problem.

I think we're going to see USL split back into two leagues; a Division 2 league whose primary purpose is to make money on competitive soccer games, and a Division 3 with all the affiliate clubs whose primary purpose is to develop young players.

Right now the league has some teams focused on the former and some focused on the latter, and that's just not sustainable.

I watched a good part of the RSL-TFC game today just because, and I have to say, as someone who hasn't watched any part of a MLS game in several years, the level of play has really stepped up. It's still a 2nd-tier league when compared to the world's best, but they're well on their way to being a world class league.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I watched a good part of the RSL-TFC game today just because, and I have to say, as someone who hasn't watched any part of a MLS game in several years, the level of play has really stepped up. It's still a 2nd-tier league when compared to the world's best, but they're well on their way to being a world class league.

a decent amount of good players were missing too, due to them playing for their international teams and the MLS not taking a break

Also i would love to say TFC got robbed, but i can't. TFC tied it and proceeded, in true toronto fashion, to blow it.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Yep, that's what it is.

But among the four teams, none of them want to be second division. The reserve sides belong in a third division, developing players rather than trying to make money. And the Rhinos specifically chose to be in the third division. So those photos are not the best argument against letting the USL (or part of the USL) make a play for 2D status.

Archived