North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm impressed with the Cosmos breaking their attendance record against the Rowdies.

I know this was Raul's first home game but considering all the NYCFC hype and the Red Bulls recent good form I have to give them credit.

Yeah, that's great for them.

I really considered going just to see Beckenbauer, but didn't make it. Good thing, because he didn't stay for the game; apparently Der Kaiser went back to Munich after the press junket.

I'm impressed with the Cosmos breaking their attendance record against the Rowdies.

I know this was Raul's first home game but considering all the NYCFC hype and the Red Bulls recent good form I have to give them credit.

Yeah, that's great for them.

I really considered going just to see Beckenbauer, but didn't make it. Good thing, because he didn't stay for the game; apparently Der Kaiser went back to Munich after the press junket.

Now I hope that the Cosmos's attendance numbers don't take too much of a dip.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The move of Sunday's MLS game from FS1 to FS2 for the rain-delayed NASCAR race didn't sell well with many.

Credit: Awful Announcing

Fox Sports broadcaster John Strong sent this message on Monday to fans to start demanding Fox Sports 2 to be on their systems:

Fox Sports 2 is the definitive weak link in the Fox Sports empire. It’s only in 45 million homes (up from 37 million), which still places it near the bottom of all the major national sports networks. Comparatively speaking, Fox Sports 1 is in 85 million homes. Both ESPN and ESPN2 are well above 90 million. And many of those homes with FS2, like mine, don’t get the channel in HD.

This is the dilemma that faces Fox Sports 2. In fact, MLS games airing on the network was a contentious part of negotiations because of the crappy distribution and HD offerings. No league really wants their games on FS2, and rightfully so. Every time Mike Francesa gets bumped to Fox Sports 2, he and Mongo Nation grumble as well.

This is a story that isn’t going to change anytime soon. In fact, it’s probably going to become more prominent as more high profile events and live programming come to FS1 and FS2. With the Women’s World Cup having games scheduled for Fox Sports 2, there’s going to be even more complaints about lack of distribution and HD carriage in the near future.

Even though it’s going to anger some fans, Fox Sports desperately needs to get more games on Fox Sports 2 to justify A) more carriage for the channel and B) higher fees for the channel. There’s no other way to accomplish what Fox needs to do with FS2 to make it a legitimate cable sports network. But until Fox can get to that point, there are going to have to be some growing pains along the way for fans that see the games they want to watch scheduled or moved to FS2.

As long as I can find it streaming, I don't care.

MLS Live is kind of a joke too, because it doesn't work for games when Sounders games are aired locally, and it doesn't work for the other games when they're on national feeds. I'd love to pay whatever it is per year to watch the team, but no such package exists.

As a Sling TV subscriber, I get one of the two weekly Sunday games (on ESPN2), as well as the Friday night game on Univision TDN. If they added Fox Sports 1 to their line-up, I'd be doing just fine.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

TFC are not fun.

Try flying down to Dallas to spend 3 hours waiting for the rain to stop to watch TFC play 60 minutes down 3-0. Thankfully Gio is better than advertised. Without him we'd be In real trouble.

You didn't?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

TFC are not fun.

Try flying down to Dallas to spend 3 hours waiting for the rain to stop to watch TFC play 60 minutes down 3-0. Thankfully Gio is better than advertised. Without him we'd be In real trouble.

It goes without saying, their first couple/three home games at reno'd BMO are now must win, just to salvage any hope.

I drove by the other day, it finally dare I say looks like a real stadium.

Actually that's a lie; police closed a wb Gardiner ramp as if & I wasn't really driving... more like idling on the Lakeshore.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Just turned on the game in the second half. Apparently there was some bogus non-call with Club America.

I'm rooting super hard for Montreal tonight, obvi.

EDIT: Yes. This is some BS: https://twitter.com/cptnmarv/status/591061361666330625

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just turned on the game in the second half. Apparently there was some bogus non-call with Club America.

I'm rooting super hard for Montreal tonight, obvi.

EDIT: Yes. This is some BS: https://twitter.com/cptnmarv/status/591061361666330625

Don't forget the laser pointers the Club America fans had.

I hope Montreal can close the deal at home.

I thought I noticed laser pointers, but couldn't tell if it was a trick of stadium lighting. Reading comment threads on MLSsoccer.com showed that, yeah, it was lasers.

So bush league, and CONCACAF should have stepped in. Or something.

How do other leagues address fan distractions like that?

I thought I noticed laser pointers, but couldn't tell if it was a trick of stadium lighting. Reading comment threads on MLSsoccer.com showed that, yeah, it was lasers.

So bush league, and CONCACAF should have stepped in. Or something.

How do other leagues address fan distractions like that?

In related new the Impact are going to appeal the yellow card given to their goalie yesterday since it would make him miss the 2nd leg due to yellow card accumulation.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/04/impact-going-through-appeal-process-concacaf

Rowdies won 3-2 over Jacksonville. Rowdies and Jacksonville got PKs within like 3 minutes, both resulted in a goal. The Armada went up 2-1, and the rowdies netted 2 late. The rowdies stating keeper for hurt and they subbed in Matt Pickens in the 90th with 7 minutes stoppage and Jacksonville had the ball in the box for most of it. Rowdies hold on to a 3-2 win infront of more than 5 thousand in the stands.

Archived