North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

I'm not a soccer fan (though not an anti-soccer fan, just mostly indifferent), but I am a fan of live sports so maybe it'll turn me.

A coworker encouraged me to submit an entry and I worked on it after hours just for goofs. Never once thought I'd ever actually win.

The prize is 4 tickets in the club section (are those good seats? LOL), a VIP experience on the field during warmups (not exactly sure what that means), a framed 12x18 version of my poster, and $100 to a frame store.

These are exciting times.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah that's probably my favorite too, though there are no mountains in Houston nor is that where the shuttle launched from, but I understand balancing the composition so whatever it still looks cool and is well executed.

I had the benefit of being able to study the previous winners and I'll admit my entry was pretty strategic. I wanted it to look completely different from the other winners and with it being Fourth of July weekend, playing DC United, and both Washington state and Washington DC were named after George Washington it was all a no-brainer to go America F*** Yeah and throw Sam and George in there, but I figured because of that the judges were going to see a lot of overtIy patriotic entries and I decided to keep it tied to the Seattle region and stick with two colors. If I had tried to design a poster for a different game without seeing other winners I probably would've submitted a very different looking entry.

I'm not sure how many people I beat out, but for my ego's sake let's pretend it was over a million.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Between Villa, Lampard & now Pirlo it seems that NYCFC's transfer policy basically consists of trying to assemble the World XI from FIFA 09.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Looks like Copa America 2016 in the US is a go. The host cities are: Stanford, Washington, East Rutherford, Pasadena, Houston and Orlando. (not sure if Washington is DC or state).

It's weird they say "Washington" along with "East Rutherford." If it's FedEx Field, they'd have to say Landover. If it were Seattle, I'd assume they'd just say Seattle. And I really doubt it's RFK.

Either way, I'm bummed CenturyLink wasn't selected, but two California stadiums were (and neither of which are the new Earthquakes Stadium or Lego, unless that's what "Stanford" is).

It's a bit away, but I'd consider traveling to the Rose Bowl to see USMNT, Argentina or Brazil.

Also, time's running out for Messi to have a signature international win, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Stanford is probably Stanford Stadium, which hosts quite a bit of international soccer (as well as occasional Earthquakes games).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's official - Andrea Pirlo is NYCFC's third DP. He joins the club on the 21st.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/07/06/andrea-pirlo-join-new-york-city-fc-third-designated-player

But who is their "Core Player" or their "Double Secret Player?"

Lampard and David Villa were their only DPs before this. The Galaxy will likely be the first team to use the Core Player when Dos Santos signs.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Between Villa, Lampard & now Pirlo it seems that NYCFC's transfer policy basically consists of trying to assemble the World XI from FIFA 09.

Ronaldinho should be a pretty cheap pickup though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Pictures from my big night at Centurylink

The really cool framed poster they gave me. Even cooler that it'll forever be associated with a W.

IMG_0010_zpsh20atd5o.jpg

VIP and the blank Sounders jersey I found for $20

IMG_0032_zpstutnkw4w.jpg

IMG_0018_zpsiresdf23.jpg

IMG_0019_zpsgswxvsur.jpg

IMG_0023_zpsmda6ymp5.jpg

IMG_0029_zps614d9fzp.jpg

I had a fun time. It's like any other sport - much better in person.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Looks like Copa America 2016 in the US is a go. The host cities are: Stanford, Washington, East Rutherford, Pasadena, Houston and Orlando. (not sure if Washington is DC or state).

It's weird they say "Washington" along with "East Rutherford." If it's FedEx Field, they'd have to say Landover. If it were Seattle, I'd assume they'd just say Seattle. And I really doubt it's RFK.

Either way, I'm bummed CenturyLink wasn't selected, but two California stadiums were (and neither of which are the new Earthquakes Stadium or Lego, unless that's what "Stanford" is).

It's a bit away, but I'd consider traveling to the Rose Bowl to see USMNT, Argentina or Brazil.

Also, time's running out for Messi to have a signature international win, right?

No Levis Stadium is in Santa Clara, or San Jose if you're going with nearest major city. Stanford is presumably Stanford Stadium in Stanford, CA. It has hosted a bunch of soccer in the past, both distant and recent and is a good 50,000 seat stadium. The odd ball naming is Washington unless they really mean DC which would have to be RFK. If so I can see why they'd host it there as it is a soccer stadium in practice if not fact. But I'd have thought Landover would have been a better choice. But then you'd have though Levis would have been a better choice in NorCal. They seem to be focusing on stadia that host soccer regularly where possible but also practical size wise.

RFK may be old, but it's effectively a soccer stadium these days and it's plenty big. Stanford is big and has a history of soccer play. Same for Rose Bowl.

Archived