North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

Giovinco! He's pretty good. Unfortunately I missed the game last night, but if anyone has the chance to see him play; he's worth the price of admission.

Hat trick via penalty, free kick, & nice looking finish. Atomic Ant should be in the final MVP conversations.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where this fits best, don't think it needs its own thread, but the NASL's Miami FC unveiled their logo:

11825644_1660914404129754_84116137614812

Well they went all out on that logo didn't they...

This team will still never play a game now that the Miami MLS team is gearing up.

Plus their logo seems to be focusing in on Ecuador and Venezuela, neither of which are Miami.

That's really weird.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This team will still never play a game now that the Miami MLS team is gearing up.

They've been "gearing up" for years.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

True. But clearing the stadium hurdles are no small things. MLS in Miami has taken a huge jump forward in the last month.

Yep, it went from theoretical to probable in the very near future. And the second they start play the NASL team becomes irrelevant. Ask the Cosmos.

You're presuming the Cosmos II were relevant in the first place. The only time they draw is when they drag out history from the first team.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

MKAxc37_.png

FC Cincinnati to begin play in the USL in 2016. ICYMI

Eww.

Guys, I was available for cheap to do your logo.

Honestly I think the part I hate the most is that the 'C' is on both of the colors... I realize that 'FC' should be centered but it's killing my eyes.

banner_zpsoxpwiuls.jpg

The negative space ball on top makes a crown. I get that. That's pretty clever, but what is that random notch on the right side? Why isn't the shield symmetrical? Even the ball is slightly asymmetrical.

It's a shield and they've attempted to give it some dimension by using two colors on the face of the shield which is fine, but it's also why it's annoying then that the FC overlaps that line. There's also clashing perspective issues with the outline on the bottom of the shield being thicker than it is elsewhere. And the lavender part of the shield either shouldn't have an outline, or it should have an outline that matches the weight of the orange one to match the perspective they're trying to create. The outline in that space should at the very least be consistent weight all the way around. It's actually easier to do it that way than it is the way they did it.

I'm also not a fan of using the orange on the FC, but placing Cincinnati in white. That's personal preference though so I'll let that slide.

Also, the griffin with the sword is poorly centered as well. I know it's probably the textbook definition of center in that they took the whole graphic and lined up the middle points with the guide they placed over the center of the shield, but when you have something like that where most of the weight is skewed to one side or the other it's best just to eschew the exact center of the whole image and use the center of where most of the weight is concentrated. That's a long sentence. In this case the center of the weight is the body and wings of the lion. It's okay for the sword to peak out a little farther to the right.

It's minor league soccer, but that's still professional level. No reason to make amateur mistakes in your branding.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Griffin looks like a logo for a regional supermarket chain.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The negative space ball on top makes a crown. I get that. That's pretty clever, but what is that random notch on the right side? Why isn't the shield symmetrical? Even the ball is slightly asymmetrical.

It's a shield and they've attempted to give it some dimension by using two colors on the face of the shield which is fine, but it's also why it's annoying then that the FC overlaps that line. There's also clashing perspective issues with the outline on the bottom of the shield being thicker than it is elsewhere. And the lavender part of the shield either shouldn't have an outline, or it should have an outline that matches the weight of the orange one to match the perspective they're trying to create. The outline in that space should at the very least be consistent weight all the way around. It's actually easier to do it that way than it is the way they did it.

I'm also not a fan of using the orange on the FC, but placing Cincinnati in white. That's personal preference though so I'll let that slide.

Also, the griffin with the sword is poorly centered as well. I know it's probably the textbook definition of center in that they took the whole graphic and lined up the middle points with the guide they placed over the center of the shield, but when you have something like that where most of the weight is skewed to one side or the other it's best just to eschew the exact center of the whole image and use the center of where most of the weight is concentrated. That's a long sentence. In this case the center of the weight is the body and wings of the lion. It's okay for the sword to peak out a little farther to the right.

It's minor league soccer, but that's still professional level. No reason to make amateur mistakes in your branding.

Agreed on all accounts.

Would be a better logo with a solid color and a large griffin as the centerpiece.

banner_zpsoxpwiuls.jpg

Archived