North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to today's Sounders/Timbers game and was lucky enough to be seated next to the Timbers supporters section. They were rowdy, and it was super satisfying that their team lost.

This was one of them pre-match:

egYJL5V.jpg

I didn't take an after photo, but it was remarkably similar. Why so angry about soccer?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Angry? I dunno. But have you ever been to a Packers/Bears game? Or Yankees/Red Sox?

In the supporters' sections, soccer starts at the level of the most energetic, intense rivalries of other sports, and goes up from there. That's one of the things I love so about it.

There were a lot of middle fingers from the Timbers fans. And a lot of "Eff Seattle." And even an "our dicks are bigger" song.

I totally get it. Group think and shared passion and everything. Plus sports makes people a little dumb.

In any event, the good guys won today.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There were a lot of middle fingers from the Timbers fans. And a lot of "Eff Seattle." And even an "our dicks are bigger" song.

I totally get it. Group think and shared passion and everything. Plus sports makes people a little dumb.

In any event, the good guys won today.

Did the Timbers fans sing any songs about kale?

Also Samaras was at the Cosmos game yesterday and could sign with them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNvEX73WIAAE5u2.jpg

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

As long as we don't get to the point when fans are beating each other stupid in the parking lot or rolling around as hooligan gangs I'm fine with a little chest thumping now and then.

NYCFC has you covered.

5OSLvPb.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

As long as we don't get to the point when fans are beating each other stupid in the parking lot or rolling around as hooligan gangs I'm fine with a little chest thumping now and then.

NYCFC has you covered.

5OSLvPb.jpg

Dammit City!!!!!! By the way, if you're a hipster calling yourself a hooligan, is that the definition of irony?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's not surprising that they're trying to emulate the worst of the worst of European soccer. I mean, they are Manchester City's farm team, after all.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's not surprising that they're trying to emulate the worst of the worst of European soccer. I mean, they are Manchester City's farm team, after all.

Are they trying to make up for being behind Red Bulls in history by emulating their parents? They're about 30 years too late to that party.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I haven't seen any actual evidence that shows NYCFC supporters being any different than any other group of supporters. The "We are hooligans" line is misguided and dumb but wearing a bandana over your mouth doesn't make you a hooligan. Also that video could be a fight about anything, it seems unlikely that that was caused by a feud between NYC and NYRB supporters. CRichardson's comment is just moronic. Look up the stats and tell me just how bad MCFC supporters are in the context of European soccer, you will find a very good supporter base with very few incidents of abuse, racism, etc. I was at an OCSC (in the supporters section as a neutral) match earlier this month and there was a fight and general buffoonery but I certainly didn't label them without any actual knowledge of the situation.

I am a C38 member also (Rapids supporters group) and RSL fans have labeled Denver as a place to avoid and where you will get abuse. I have never personally seen a fight or any real issues between Rapids supporters and any other teams supporters. We will flip you off, sing about your city, team or state in a rude manner and generally rib you, but nothing that you shouldn't expect if you are cheering on a visiting team in any sport.

Also wanted to celebrate the fact that my Pids have their second 3 game winning streak in the last month and a half and have finally moved out of the cellar ahead of the previously mentioned Fake Salt Lake! P.S. Look at that RSL RGD.Screen%20Shot%202015-08-31%20at%2011.50.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Also that video could be a fight about anything, it seems unlikely that that was caused by a feud between NYC and NYRB supporters.

So a fight between NYCFC & RB fans at a bar that usually hosts and Red Bull Supporter's Group near Red Bull Arena isn't evidence of a feud between NYCFC & RB fans.

Okay then.

When I watched the video I didn't think it was clear that they were RB and NYC fans. I may very well be wrong but the rest of my post still shows why NYC supporters haven't done enough to earn the hate they are receiving on this thread.

When I watched the video I didn't think it was clear that they were RB and NYC fans. I may very well be wrong but the rest of my post still shows why NYC supporters haven't done enough to earn the hate they are receiving on this thread.

You are wrong. Next time don't call people morons and then get your facts wrong.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/08/09/fight-breaks-out-crowd-red-bulls-new-york-city-fc-match

Also the only other thing in your post that talked about NYCFC fans is this...

I haven't seen any actual evidence that shows NYCFC supporters being any different than any other group of supporters. The "We are hooligans" line is misguided and dumb but wearing a bandana over your mouth doesn't make you a hooligan.

Which makes no sense because if those particular fans are taking on the tag "hooligan" it doesn't matter what they are wearing and deserve ridicule for it.

So no... in both of these cases people are right to poke some fun at NYCFC fans.

Well clearly your reading comprehension is sub-par. I called his statement about emulating the worst of Euro Football because they are Manchester City's feeder club moronic. There is a huge differences between calling someone a moron and calling a statement moronic. I stand by that comment, and me being wrong about a video doesn't change anything about the comment that I called moronic. Also that link you shared still provides no evidence that NYC and RB supporters were involved. I don't see a single person in any team apparel that is involved in the fight and the links all say "Before the derby, at a RB bar, etc." If so many NYC supporters were involved I would think that at least once in that SI article or Mr. Harris' tweets it would say NYC and RB fans fighting, not that a fight broke out before the derby. I'm not naive, I have no doubt that this was most likely caused by supporters but there certainly isn't enough info to pin it on NYC supporters. Nice try though, Mr. Internet Warrior!

Well clearly your reading comprehension is sub-par. I called his statement about emulating the worst of Euro Football because they are Manchester City's feeder club moronic. There is a huge differences between calling someone a moron and calling a statement moronic. I stand by that comment and me being wrong about a video doesn't change anything about the comment that I called moronic. Nice try though, Mr. Internet Warrior!

You can slice it anyway you want but it still doesn't change the fact that you looked like a fool while on your high horse trying to lecture people while not having your facts right.

CRichardson's comment is just moronic.

Here it is again if you are having trouble. I never called anyone a moron, just stated that the post was moronic.

Archived