North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love a NASL/USL merger of some kind. I know this isn't the pointless realignment thread, but how great would this league be:

West:

Sacramento Republic

Arizona United

Tulsa Roughnecks

OKC Energy

Oklahoma City FC (TBD)

San Antonio Scrpions

Austin Aztecs

FC Edmonton

Central:

Indy Eleven

Louisville City

FC Cincinnati

St. Louis FC

Carolina Railhawks

Charleston Battery

Rochester Rhinos

East:

Jacksonville Armada

New York Cosmos

Richmond Kickers

Ft. Lauderdale Strikers

Miami FC

Ottawa Fury

Puerto Rico FC

Atlanta Silverbacks (maybe)

Reserve teams stay in D3 with some smaller Pro teams like OC Blues and others. Maybe teams like Pittsburgh, Harrisburg or Wilmington move up, maybe they don't. Let them decide.

Home and Road against all teams in your division, play every other team once. Division winners, plus a wildcard for playoffs. Boom: Awesome D2 league with existing teams and no reserve teams. I'd say cap it at 24-28 teams.

Sorry, probably wrong thread but I just agree that it would be great to see the independent teams split from the reserve sides while getting the strong teams from each league together playing each other.

This Orlando/NYRB game is pretty fun. I turned it on with Orlando surprisingly up 3-1, NYRB scored to cut it to 3-2, and Orlando immediately scored to be up 4-2. 20 minutes to go.

Also, New York's coach was dismissed, and I saw a yellow card given to Orlando's goalie for delay and a Red Bull for entering the field.

Plus, Red Bull Arena, for its faults, is a really handsome place for soccer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I would love a NASL/USL merger of some kind. I know this isn't the pointless realignment thread, but how great would this league be:

West:

Sacramento Republic

Arizona United

Tulsa Roughnecks

OKC Energy

Oklahoma City FC (TBD)

San Antonio Scorpions

Austin Aztecs

FC Edmonton

Central:

Indy Eleven

Louisville City

FC Cincinnati

St. Louis FC

Carolina Railhawks

Charleston Battery

Rochester Rhinos

East:

Jacksonville Armada

New York Cosmos

Richmond Kickers

Ft. Lauderdale Strikers

Miami FC

Ottawa Fury

Puerto Rico FC

Atlanta Silverbacks (maybe)

Reserve teams stay in D3 with some smaller Pro teams like OC Blues and others. Maybe teams like Pittsburgh, Harrisburg or Wilmington move up, maybe they don't. Let them decide.

Home and Road against all teams in your division, play every other team once. Division winners, plus a wildcard for playoffs. Boom: Awesome D2 league with existing teams and no reserve teams. I'd say cap it at 24-28 teams.

Sorry, probably wrong thread but I just agree that it would be great to see the independent teams split from the reserve sides while getting the strong teams from each league together playing each other.

I think the NASL OKC team is officially dead.

I would replace that team with the eventual NASL California team (either San Francisco City or LA Aztecs revival).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

(I know it's pointless but) i would love to see a true 2nd tier soccer league form with the best of both leagues. Structure it the same as the MLS with 24 teams, so there's consistency. Have the "2" teams as d3 or a separate reserve league.

Also, the Armada will be in Tea Men NASL throwbacks against the Rowdies tonight(who PCGD didn't include in his realignment for some reason!)

The only fault I see in RBA is the location.

Indeed. I should have said "for all its fault." It's a really great-looking stadium, seen from afar and on TV.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

LAFC stadium renders:

LAFC_plaza%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

LAFC_entrance%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

LAFC_bowl%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

I don't know anything about this section (or any) of LA. Having Rinaldo will help draw attendance. According to Wikipedia, that won't happen until 2018 due to a delay in the EIS process.

LAFC stadium renders:

I don't know anything about this section (or any) of LA. Having Rinaldo will help draw attendance. According to Wikipedia, that won't happen until 2018 due to a delay in the EIS process.

The Coliseum and LA Sports Arena (the stadium site) are in Exposition Park which is essentially across the street from the USC campus. Don't fret, USC and younger home owners are quickly gentrifying the area.

Two very questionable PKs were given in the last 7 minutes of play (including stoppage time) -- one for Vancouver and one for NYCFC. City (can you call them that?) wins though, and the Whitecaps' end-of-season slide continues.

It's been a fun day of MLS, starting with Sebastian Gionvinco's continued dominance of the league. Gionvinco is too good for words, and will likely be the first MLS player with more then 20 goals and 15 assists (he's at 19 and 16 now).

Also, the Impact are undefeated with Drogba, who now has 7 goals in 5 games.

I can think of no better example of MLS' playoff absurdity than the fact that the Fire just got eliminated from postseason contention yesterday.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

(I know it's pointless but) i would love to see a true 2nd tier soccer league form with the best of both leagues. Structure it the same as the MLS with 24 teams, so there's consistency. Have the "2" teams as d3 or a separate reserve league.

Also, the Armada will be in Tea Men NASL throwbacks against the Rowdies tonight(who PCGD didn't include in his realignment for some reason!r)

Pure oversight!!

LAFC stadium renders:

The Coliseum and LA Sports Arena (the stadium site) are in Exposition Park which is essentially across the street from the USC campus. Don't fret, USC and younger home owners are quickly gentrifying the area.

One more thought on those renders - looks like they're running with the black and red color scheme for now. Hope they keep the name too.

I think I read there is a currently a poll looking for input on colors but one gets the feeling they want black/red to be inevitable.

Ok by me, though it'll be a little weird when Atlanta comes in at the same time with a similar scheme.

That said, there are only so many color combos available and MLS is pretty diverse for a 20-team league. Orange, green, yellow, light blue, navy, red, purple, and black teams make for regularly varied match ups. The league is only missing brown and then they've about captured the rainbow.

LAFC stadium renders:

One more thought on those renders - looks like they're running with the black and red color scheme for now. Hope they keep the name too.

They've already announced they are keeping the name but they are doing a choose your color campaign on twitter that is being reported by some to be nothing more than a marketing ploy and they already have black and red in mind as the colors.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived