NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Packers look fine without the collar stripes but I just don't think it looks better then what they have now. The collar is often under-utilized. It's nice to see one team using it, and doing so with a traditional striping pattern.

Its not available anywhere online. According to the Falcons boards is something they give out for exceptional plays on special teams. But that still doesn't make since as to why there's a completely new logo on it. I would say this was something the ST coordinator made on vistaprint but the Nike and the official ATL logos makes me think this was special order from Nike. Which means either 2 things, 1) They had nike come up with a special logo just for some limited edition special team shirts, orrrrrr 2) This is a logo they pitched to the falcons for a rebrand while discussing the new jerseys that have to be coming for the new stadium.

3) Falcons got a bulk shipment of plain Nike t-shirts and took them to a local screen printer to slap on a variant logo.

Modified logos for in-house use have been in play for awhile. My high school's mascot was a raider that would be holding a baseball bat, LAX/hockey/field hockey stick depending on which team it was for. I've seen a t-shirt with Rice's flying owl logo clenching a dumbbell in its beak. Ohio State has a special logo for its players that have the most experience and get time off from practice.

All that goes to say it might've been a leftover Nike pitch, but probably not something anyone spent a bunch of time on.

I was thinking about the Arizona Cardinals' uniforms last night and what to do with the mess they've made for themselves, and I don't want to start a new thread about it so I'll just post my ideas here. I think they should go 1 of 3 ways:

1. Join the dual-colors club with the Colts and Jets, becoming the red&white member again. The problem is that the Cardinals' primary logo isn't dual-color like either of those teams, and yet it's so iconic that I don't think it should be changed (or even recolored).
  2. Stick with the dual-color idea, but return the Arizona state flag logo, modernizing it by not slapping it over or above some sleeve stripes but rather filling in a sleevecap with that unique design. Sure, it will stand out on an otherwise red&white uniform, just like the black and yellow beak of the Cardinals logo stands out, but it's a quirky design element that has historical precedence that the Cardinals can embrace. It also lends them some credence to being one of the few major professional sports teams to claim an entire state.
  3. Go where no major U.S. pro sports team has gone since the mid-90s to mid-00s Atlanta Hawks--though you can argue they just returned to it--and adopt white and red with black and yellow accents as their color scheme. This way, all the colors in the primary logo are accounted for, and they won't be just another red, white, and black team. I've always liked the Air Jordan VII "Cardinal" colorway, and who better to use it than the Arizona Cardinals?
"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I'd like to see the Cardinals bringing back the shade of blue they used in the white jersey trim on the previous set. I think that lighter blue looks really nice with dark red. It could be used are more of an accent color and a true secondary color, if needed. Unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problems since you'd still have black in the logo (and it would look awful replacing it with that blue).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

What is this logo? Haven't noticed it before.

1opshd.jpg

This design was created by Brandon Moore, and can be seen on his Dribbble page here

thanks for the credit shout out!

let me clear some things up about this. . .

1.) don't buy the bootlegs! they're traced by n00bs and it looks like crap. BUT because it's been asked about and bootlegged so much, ATL will be making the official version available on their team store soon. look for it here: https://www.officialfalconsgear.com/(oh, i also did the logo for that site!)

2.) it was a concept that the ST coach came up with (AFST = Atlanta Falcons Special Teams), he wanted something that was a cool reinterpretation of the logo and i was hired to create it. they just happened to put it on a Nike shirt (good choice!) so i understand the confusion of "it must have come from Nike" but us little guys get a good project from time to time too.

3.) i appreciate all the love and some people have suggested it be their new logo, but no. their primary is one of the best NFL logos, and is designed to be an NFL logo; this is designed just for a shirt :)

4.) more to come for Atlanta. if you go to any of the home games, you might get another shirt i designed. keep an eye on the defense in the coming weeks at practice too :) it's always great to work with the Dirty Birds, but especially great to be part of the 50th season.

here's some bonus sketch shots i put on instagram when drawing it up

keLVcL4.png

iRD8dUn.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think the Falcons logo could be good but right now it's out of proportion. The head is too small and the talon too large. To me, a slight adjustment makes it better.

falcons.jpg

While true that it would look better, then the "F" is lost with this adjustment

Good riddance to the F.. I never noticed it for several years, and there's no point in illustrating the F for "Falcons" with a falcon.. So redundant and unnecessary.

Also, kudos to the cardinals for getting tv numbers, logo, multiple sleeve stripes, and a state flag logo all on the sleeves of the same jersey

Archived