NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Dolphins player debuting the new template: this time Lamar Miller. Open the photo in a new tab for full-res (warning- it is huge but you get to see all the details). Of note, no shoulder seams at all, traditional collar with mesh bottom insert, similar sleeve caps compared to current template, no stomach seams at all- just perforated holes, pants don't look like they have a stripe insert- possibly just a straight sublimation. Look how the striping mesh continues onto the back of the calf.

hi-res-7f856294571966eccc6190e25ae30252_

Also, some Dolphins players are wearing pieces of the new uniform. Looks like Jelani Jenkins and Reshad Jones are go head to toe with the new gear, and some are debuting the new pants. Suh is going new pants only. Miller wore the old jersey and new pants last week. They are easy to spot because the striping width is inconsistent. It places a much bigger emphasis on the aqua stripe and minimizes the dark blue stripe.

Here is Suh in the new pants:

110815-spt-dolphins-ae023.jpg

Compare those stripes to these, which are the normal ones worn by 95% of the other players.

gettyimages-494863550.jpg?w=1500

A seam right down the middle looks horrible. Imagine if the Browns used that with their stupid contrast stitching.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think so. There's too much blue in "midnight green". I think if you lightened it, that would be exploited and you'd get something closer to turquoise/Aqua/teal

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, FWIW (and I have not fact checked this - it's just based on memory) if you consider this Eagles uniform to be a continuation of the one unveiled in '96 (rather than a new one created in '03), then I THINK they've worn this uniform longer than any other in their history.

Also, FWIW (and I have not fact checked this - it's just based on memory) if you consider this Eagles uniform to be a continuation of the one unveiled in '96 (rather than a new one created in '03), then I THINK they've worn this uniform longer than any other in their history.

I'm not sure I'd personally make that decision... they added a whole new color in '03... but either way, that's a sad statement.

I wonder if that's true of the Broncos' current, too?

Archived