NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree.. Templates and cuts are consistently changing and the QB-cut is increasingly popular, so I think there's still a place for them, plus the shoulder cap stripes still look like sleeve stripes to me.. The bigger issue is the teams' (or manufacturers') refusal to resize and adjust the stripes slightly to work better with the new cuts.. There's no reason last year's browns could have great stripes, while the Steelers, lions, and even 49ers all had butchered stripes.. It wouldn't require much shrinking, maybe 10%, and adjusting to the proper height along the sleeve so that all stripes are visible, would go a long way for aesthetics

I wonder how a shade between kelly green and midnight green would look with silver pants. Probably decent enough.

When I split the difference, here's what I got...

geen_zpsjrgjpqxx.png

Take that middling green(-blue) and make it a touch or two greener and you have a true, jade-like green the Eagles should be wearing.

I got 153-100-36 for an ideal Eagles color. It's just a smidge greener. Quick-n-dirty recolor:

Obviously you'd want better numbers, and possibly with some black in there to separate the white from silver, but green-green-silver-green would be the way to go.

6afD8SB.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1. If you're going to drop black from the jerseys, then should be dropped from helmet/pants too. Only way to do on helmet without wing looking washed out is to make the entire inner portion of the wing silver - so kind of like an updated version of the Cunningham-era wing. I kind of like it sans black, as the black makes the green appear darker than it is. Could work either way though.

2. If set on silver pants, I wonder how silver numbers would look - like early Billy Sims era Lions. I think the Lions proved that black isn't required to separate white from silver, regardless of which is main color.

3. With white numbers, might want to try white pants with green/silver stripes. The white pants would make everything seem brighter. I don't know if I like silver or white better for them anymore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After watching todays games I find it odd that there hasn't been an AFC team on thanksgiving in 3 years...

2013.....2 years.

...and that really shouldn't be. As a fan of an AFC team, I really have no rooting interest in any NFC game, so the past two Thanksgiving lineups have been uninteresting to me. Not that it's all about me -- I wonder how may other fans feels the same way and tune out.

After watching todays games I find it odd that there hasn't been an AFC team on thanksgiving in 3 years...

2013.....2 years.

...and that really shouldn't be. As a fan of an AFC team, I really have no rooting interest in any NFC game, so the past two Thanksgiving lineups have been uninteresting to me. Not that it's all about me -- I wonder how may other fans feels the same way and tune out.

That seems odd. The team I love and the ever growing list of teams I hate are in the NFC, but I'll still watch a primetime game between AFC teams.

Even if I watch a sport I've never seen before with two teams I've never heard of, I'll still form a rooting interest based logos/uniforms/players/other random details. Probably within two minutes.

2013.....2 years.

That seems odd. The team I love and the ever growing list of teams I hate are in the NFC, but I'll still watch a primetime game between AFC teams.

There was a time when I would have. Up until about 15-20 years ago, I rarely missed MNF or Thanksgiving Day, regardless of who was playing. But they've saturated the airwaves to the point where it's no longer special, no longer must-see. That, along with alternative entertainment options from the 746 cable channels, the Internet, and games on devices, mean I'm more selective about when I give my attention to TV sports. If the outcome doesn't directly affect the Bengals playoff chances or involve a team I hate standing a chance to lose, it's background filler only.

Only rumors I believe. Rams and Broncos were those rumors.

It's far too early for anything more than rumors. Although the Rams have been talking about a potential change for the past couple years, so they're a good bet. Especially if they're moving to LA - new city, new unis.

Turns out we're not the only ones who want something new from the Broncos, as one of their weekly mailbag questions was about throwback uniforms, in which the writer mentions the one helmet rule and other beautiful throwbacks that can't be used:

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-mailbag/Masons-Mailbag-Wouldnt-it-be-great-to-see-old-school-uniforms/903fc386-66fb-42fa-813f-dd6c2921873e

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Only rumors I believe. Rams and Broncos were those rumors.

It's far too early for anything more than rumors. Although the Rams have been talking about a potential change for the past couple years, so they're a good bet. Especially if they're moving to LA - new city, new unis.

Given that it's a 2 year process I would politely disagree that it's too early for any news. Also LA is likely getting pushed out another year as the owners can't come to a consensus on the relo package and they need more time to extort stl and sd taxpayers.

Eh, I disagree about that last part. I don't see Kroneke waiting patiently much longer. But that's a subject for another thread.

As for this bit:

It's far too early for anything more than rumors.

Given that it's a 2 year process I would politely disagree that it's too early for any news.

Sure, teams have been working on changes, but that doesn't mean we should have any confirmation now. No team is going to announce a uniform or color change in the middle of a season. The Marlins did it a couple years ago, and it was shocking. Teams don't want to impact merchandise sales.

So no, it's too early to have anything more than rumors at this point of the season. It's even too early for leaks, which usually come in the last couple weeks as merchandise starts to make its way through the supply pipeline.

Cleveland was also an exception, as we knew before last season even started that they were changing. Maybe even well before - can't recall exactly when that thread was started.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived