NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

The gold pants actually look good in-game. Not great... just good. Unpopular opinion, but I'd take the gold pants over the black pants any day.

This. They might not be perfect but they are way better than the black pants. I think they look pretty good today.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this would look better if Nike wasn't the manufacturer. If the cold was actually metallic instead of a flat mustard I think they could pull it off. Nike really needs to add non flat colors back to their tool box. We could bring back silver britches too instead of grey.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Those gold pants look awful. I honestly hope they never see the light of day again unless a complete uniform overhaul comes with them. And for some reason, they remember to put a stripe on those ugly things, yet continue to neglect putting one on their black pants.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Those gold pants just don't work since gold is a mere accent color for them. If anything, purple pants would have made much more sense, even though an all-purple look may not be the best either. The black pants would work better if they had some sort of striping to match the white ones.

Really, using the gold as trim is the only thing that allows them to get away with using both dark purple and black heavily. Emphasizing gold more creates a bit of an imbalance, and muddies the two darker colors.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

If you want proof that this was poorly thought out, look at the stripe on the pants. It's clearly purple-black-purple, but in motion, in anything but bright light, from a distance, it's one muddy stripe. Either make it one color (preferably purple, so it's less like the Steelers), or separate the colors.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

"Looked awesome in Create-A-Team, though."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I thought the gold pants looked decent. If the stripe was plain purple it would look better, when they were showing quick highlights on TV I almost thought I was watching the Steelers for a split second. White pants are ideal for the Ravens on Home and the road until they add a stripe to the black pants. Id be fine with gold for maybe one game a year. White Pants>>Gold Pants>>>>>Black Pants.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

If you want proof that this was poorly thought out, look at the stripe on the pants. It's clearly purple-black-purple, but in motion, in anything but bright light, from a distance, it's one muddy stripe. Either make it one color (preferably purple, so it's less like the Steelers), or separate the colors.

If they added white stripes between the purple and black they'd improve. But I think these pants don't fit a team named Ravens.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Ravens gold pants make me realize that its completely possible that the Bears will break out their long mythological orange pants at some point in time. If the Ravens can do something this random, so can Chicago but for them they look good as opposed to the dehydrated urine look of the Ravens.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived