NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

I'd love for the falcons to go ahead and keep the helmet logo and fonts, but switch to a red helmet. Much like the throwbacks, they could have a black home jersey, white pants. Then an alt red jersey. And red pants for the away white jersey (with red numbers and black trim.) Jerseys then will not need the funky tri-color shoulder coloring.

The Falcons should have never abandoned the red helmets in the first place, and the current logo (like the previous one) would look so much better on red.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Rams going back to Blue + Yellow?

A reddit guy says he has seen them & its Navy & Volt all the way! No horn stripes instead Rams will be on one side & a logo on the other!

Everything I am hearing these will be straight fire!

Yes straight into the fire! :P

Honestly at this point I do not want anyone to get Nikefied because there is little to no chance they will look better than they do now.

Except for the fact that the Browns and Vikings both look much better then they did before.

"Nikefied". The teams and NFL Properties make the major decisions. Nike just makes what they want and give suggestions.

It would have been hard to make the Vikings look worse then how they did in their last piped and panelled uniform set. The Nike set is still flawed, but there was nowhere to go but up.

And the Browns? They used to have an all-time classic look. Now they look like a mid-major. Bravo.

Except for the fact that the Browns and Vikings both look much better then they did before.

"Nikefied". The teams and NFL Properties make the major decisions. Nike just makes what they want and give suggestions.

Vikings? Yes, but that's not a high bar. Brown? No. They look like a MAC school.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Its funny how this is always said but until Nike entered the league we did not have rebrands that were this bad... I know the Jags rebrand was bad before Nike...

I am not a "huge fan" of piping on AZ & ATL but at least they did not have all the supposed innovation that Nike brings... Almost all of the parts of the rebrands that I do not like are something silly Nike does with every school or team they touch so yeah "Nikefied"... Just to name a few capped sleeves... out of place wordmark... template filled stripes... That is not the team designing just the team picking it...

Even if I agreed with your opinion that both the Browns & Vikings look better now that is still 2 out of 6 not very good except in hitting a baseball....

Its funny how this is always said but until Nike entered the league we did not have rebrands that were this bad... I know the Jags rebrand was bad before Nike...

I am not a "huge fan" of piping on AZ & ATL but at least they did not have all the supposed innovation that Nike brings... Almost all of the parts of the rebrands that I do not like are something silly Nike does with every school or team they touch so yeah "Nikefied"... Just to name a few capped sleeves... out of place wordmark... template filled stripes... That is not the team designing just the team picking it...

Even if I agreed with your opinion that both the Browns & Vikings look better now that is still 2 out of 6 not very good except in hitting a baseball....

These were bound to happen. The 2000s brought us piping and panelling. The 2010s has brought us crazy designs and unique features. This happened in college before the NFL. Nike or Reebok both would be doing these types of rebrands.

I'm a big Nike fan so naturally I tend to like a lot of what they do. However, it's a shame the bar has been set so damn low with some of their NFL rebrands. "Well, at least we don't look like Jacksonville or Tampa Bay" should not be a reason to like what they did to your team.

A lot of what we're seeing is change for change's sake. The more drastic these changes are, the more they hope fans feel like they need to get with the times and buy the new stuff. It's all about generating profits.

I feel like Seattle upgraded with their new identity but the way they justify design elements with over-the-top marketing speak is so embarrassing. Click the spoiler tag and try to read some of this to yourself in your most sarcastic tone. :P

The Seattle Seahawks have chosen to take full innovation and a completely new re-design for the new Nike Elite 51 Uniform. The core uniform design looks back at Northwest tradition and culture with a Native American heritage. The team’s logo – a striking seahawk bird taken from Native American culture provides a focal point of both the uniform and helmet. At the top of the helmet a new pattern gives a nod to Seattle’s loyal, passionate fans. The horizontal graphic stripe across the front of the shoulders replicates the powerful horizontal seahawk wings carved into the wooden poles, while the same pointed wing pattern lives on the outside of each leg, with twelve wing icons to each side.

ELITE 51 Uniform Explore the next generation in superior lightweight performance. See the full innovation of the Nike Elite 51 Uniform. Launch the interactive tech sheet.
The new uniform colors are rooted in Seattle’s own environmental hues - the deep blue of the ocean water that tucks into the harbor near downtown and the Seahawks’ stadium. The new color addition called Action Green represents the green of the ubiquitous trees, ferns and moss literally covering the Pacific Northwest landscape. This brighter shade of green is designed to provide a pop of color on the uniform just as the vibrant bright greens pop in the rain-soaked environment. The Wolf Grey color accents complete the combination, an embodiment of the ever-changing clouds overhead that bring rain and life to the area. Lastly, bright white accents the uniform just as the snow capped peaks of the Olympic and Mt. Rainier accent the skyline around Seattle.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Yes there were. Vikings, Bill, Bengals to name a few. Overall I'd say its a wash thus far.

Pardon me for not looking through 33 pages of this thread for the answer if it's already been mentioned, but does anyone know whether or not the Bills will keep the RCW patch on the chest, or if it was just for last season?

I've never seen that mentioned even on the Bills official chat board.

I highly doubt they'll make the patch on the front of the jersey permanent. It was only meant for the 2014 season. What wouldn't surprise me is if they do what the Bears did and put Ralph's initials on one of the sleeves like the Bears have long done with George Halas' initial.

Ralph deserves that, he made it virtually impossible for the team to relocate from Western NY upon his death which I'll be forever grateful for. The Bills have been 'it' for me since the latter years of the AFL when I was a toddler in North Buffalo.

I'm a big Nike fan so naturally I tend to like a lot of what they do. However, it's a shame the bar has been set so damn low with some of their NFL rebrands. "Well, at least we don't look like Jacksonville or Tampa Bay" should not be a reason to like what they did to your team.

A lot of what we're seeing is change for change's sake. The more drastic these changes are, the more they hope fans feel like they need to get with the times and buy the new stuff. It's all about generating profits.

I feel like Seattle upgraded with their new identity but the way they justify design elements with over-the-top marketing speak is so embarrassing. Click the spoiler tag and try to read some of this to yourself in your most sarcastic tone. :P

The Seattle Seahawks have chosen to take full innovation and a completely new re-design for the new Nike Elite 51 Uniform. The core uniform design looks back at Northwest tradition and culture with a Native American heritage. The team’s logo – a striking seahawk bird taken from Native American culture provides a focal point of both the uniform and helmet. At the top of the helmet a new pattern gives a nod to Seattle’s loyal, passionate fans. The horizontal graphic stripe across the front of the shoulders replicates the powerful horizontal seahawk wings carved into the wooden poles, while the same pointed wing pattern lives on the outside of each leg, with twelve wing icons to each side.

ELITE 51 Uniform Explore the next generation in superior lightweight performance. See the full innovation of the Nike Elite 51 Uniform. Launch the interactive tech sheet.

The new uniform colors are rooted in Seattle’s own environmental hues - the deep blue of the ocean water that tucks into the harbor near downtown and the Seahawks’ stadium. The new color addition called Action Green represents the green of the ubiquitous trees, ferns and moss literally covering the Pacific Northwest landscape. This brighter shade of green is designed to provide a pop of color on the uniform just as the vibrant bright greens pop in the rain-soaked environment. The Wolf Grey color accents complete the combination, an embodiment of the ever-changing clouds overhead that bring rain and life to the area. Lastly, bright white accents the uniform just as the snow capped peaks of the Olympic and Mt. Rainier accent the skyline around Seattle.

I read it like it was in an episode of South Park. I wish they had an episode that made fun of Nike

Nike's issue is that they want credit for EVERYTHING and a lot of what's happened within the league under their watch has been pretty bad.. If they kept their mouth shut with all the Nike-speak during redesigns and unveiling, and let the teams take the heat for the garbage they want to wear, we'd all quit blaming Nike for it.. They could still talk up their "innovative technology" that goes into the materials, cuts, etc, but leave the "credit" for XFL uniform designs with the morons who designed and/or signed off on them..

There really is a conflict of interest when the designer and supplier are the same company.

That's how you get garbage like contrasting stitches to highlight the seams and show off the technology. That's how you get flywire and toilet-seat collars.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes there were. Vikings, Bill, Bengals to name a few. Overall I'd say its a wash thus far.

You missed my point none of these had the stupid stuff Nike does sure there were some bad designs I personally liked the Vikings there were some stuff I would change but liked it overall... Vikings, Bills, Bengals, or Rams at least had a point to their uniform design none of them had capped sleeves, template filled stripes, or out of place wordmarks, etc... Honestly I have only seen that from Nike & Russell in college... Adidas has the shock web & too tight jersey but that has been my main complaints with them.

A reddit guy says he has seen them & its Navy & Volt all the way! No horn stripes instead Rams will be on one side & a logo on the other!

Let's kill this rumor right now. That "reddit guy" has been thoroughly discredited and deleted his account. He also guaranteed the Browns would switch to gray uniforms, if I remember correctly.

Let's kill this rumor right now. That "reddit guy" has been thoroughly discredited and deleted his account. He also guaranteed the Browns would switch to gray uniforms, if I remember correctly.

Give it time. How do we know the unveiling wasn't just a masterful troll job by the Browns? Who would ever expect them to have a big unveiling and sell jerseys and then come out with entirely different jerseys? I can't believe everybody fell for that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived