NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Anyone else been following the Texans situation? http://dailysnark.com/leaked-houston-texans-new-uniforms/

Come to find out those are apparently not the new uniforms announced by the Texans but a concept from Arian Foster.

I understand the desire to bring back the Oilers colors, however, if you don't do it correctly you will destroy the Texans brand and its colors.

I will admit that a white helmet would be better for the Texans logo since half of it is blue, but I hope they don't do that because I'm trying to collect all 32 team helmets and I really don't want to have to go back to getting another one for the Texans.

Everyone is quick to say a white helmet will look good on many teams, and it does. But right now SO MANY teams have it. Breakdown of team helmets:

White - 7

Silver - 5

Navy Blue - 5

Black - 4

Gold - 2

Orange - 2

Red - 1

Blue -1

Purple - 1

Maroon - 1

Pewter - 1

'Midnight' Green -1

Yellow - 1

retrohelmets.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow there are 7 white helmeted teams and 6 of them are in the AFC. More than a third of the conference wears a white lid. I never thought about that. Weird.

And 3/4s of the AFC East (!), which is why, even though it looks nice, I'm still not too thrilled over the Bills swapping red for white. Throw in the Pats in silver and you've got a pretty dull group in my NFL mini helmet display case

The AFC East dominated the white helmet segment of the NFL during more than one era. It ended when the Jets switched to green helmets for the 1977 season.

IHOP%2BNFL%2BFootball%2BMini%2BHelmets%2mkh9xtEB3YWwRccGl5_uolQ.jpg

I will admit that a white helmet would be better for the Texans logo since half of it is blue, but I hope they don't do that because I'm trying to collect all 32 team helmets and I really don't want to have to go back to getting another one for the Texans.

Weren't they originally intended to have a white helmet? I kind of remember white-helmeted Texans being in Madden their first year.

Weren't they originally intended to have a white helmet? I kind of remember white-helmeted Texans being in Madden their first year.

I'm not sure "intended" is the correct term to use, but they did show a white helmet when the franchise was introduced back in 2000.

mcnairhemet010311.jpg

Honestly, the Texans would be better off having a white helmet regardless of how many teams have white helmets. It just looks so much better in my opinion and the fact that they mostly wear blue and very little red is a shame. I mean they almost look like the Bears. Those red jerseys are absolutely beautiful and if they wore those more often along with the white helmets, they would have one of the best uniforms in the NFL.

Wow there are 7 white helmeted teams and 6 of them are in the AFC. More than a third of the conference wears a white lid. I never thought about that. Weird.

And 3/4s of the AFC East (!), which is why, even though it looks nice, I'm still not too thrilled over the Bills swapping red for white. Throw in the Pats in silver and you've got a pretty dull group in my NFL mini helmet display case

The AFC East dominated the white helmet segment of the NFL during more than one era. It ended when the Jets switched to green helmets for the 1977 season.

Jets switched to green helmets for the 78 season. This led me to start thinking about the 77 Jets vs Seahawks. That would be a great post for the rare match ups. Time to start digging through the vault to find a pic.

Jets switched to green helmets for the 78 season. This led me to start thinking about the 77 Jets vs Seahawks. That would be a great post for the rare match ups. Time to start digging through the vault to find a pic.

hqdefault.jpghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqJrNsnB52E Start at 13:55 for the footage.

I think if we could let some sensible designers run the process (who don't belong to Nike/Reebok/Addidas), we could actually end up with something pretty nice for EVERY team. Yeah, I know, corporate nonsense aside, it will never happen. But it would probably have saved us the Bucs debacle....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Oh, okay. 1978.

hqdefault.jpghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqJrNsnB52E Start at 13:55 for the footage.

And 1999...

140102-jets-600.jpg

Almost the same.

bSLCtu2.png

Watched some of the 2010 SB last night between Indy and NO.

What jumped out is how vibrant the Saints uniforms looked. When you don't see them anymore, you forget how good shiny pants look compared to everyone and their sister wearing the drab matte crap today.

The matte craze needs to be toned way down. Maybe a few teams look good with it but for teams like the Saints, losing their shine from the gold britches has been a big loss. The Pats are another team that looks stupid with shiny silver helmets and dirty grey pants or dirty navy pants. Its a uniform downgrade across football.

Watched some of the 2010 SB last night between Indy and NO.

What jumped out is how vibrant the Saints uniforms looked. When you don't see them anymore, you forget how good shiny pants look compared to everyone and their sister wearing the drab matte crap today.

The matte craze needs to be toned way down. Maybe a few teams look good with it but for teams like the Saints, losing their shine from the gold britches has been a big loss. The Pats are another team that looks stupid with shiny silver helmets and dirty grey pants or dirty navy pants. Its a uniform downgrade across football.

I totally agree. It looks good on certain teams like ones with yellow pants, purple pants, black pants, red pants, and navy pants) but looks horrible on teams with gold pants, green pants, and grey/silver pants it looks horrible except for a few. Look at the differences...

0207INTER_F_20100207222717.jpg

vs

hi-res-461826151-quarterback-drew-brees-

or

desean_jackson_2010_11_28.jpg

Desean+Jackson+Indianapolis+Colts+v+Phil

vs

sanchez.jpg

459659068.jpg

nfl-2008-tom-brady-throwing-qb-new-engla

vs

ap_bears_patriots_football_68293336.jpg

You're going to be waiting for a long time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived