NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed that this is Chris's site, and should be run as he sees fit. That's exactly the point I was trying to make about Paul's blog.

Absolutely. The ability to read content with an editorial slant and not get butthurt because you read something that didn't fit your worldview used to be considered a basic competency of high school level maturity. Clearly this is no longer the standard American culture no longer abides by, as people who choose to be spoon fed their niche media tend to bitch and moan when they come across contrary content. I hate to be a burster of bubbles but fair and balanced content is a farcical construct that's dumbed down many consumers of media to what could be consider a 6th grade level of sophistication. People need to re-learn critical thinking skills and be able to filter through opinions whilst reading without getting in a huff.

Lukas has above average writing skills and is a solid professional. I have my issues with his depth of knowledge on the subject and that he really has not bothered to learn a whole lot about uniform tech or the business of uniforms apparel, he's more of a fashion writer for guys.

Absolutely. The ability to read content with an editorial slant and not get butthurt because you read something that didn't fit your worldview used to be considered a basic competency of high school level maturity. Clearly this is no longer the standard American culture no longer abides by, as people who choose to be spoon fed their niche media tend to bitch and moan when they come across contrary content. I hate to be a burster of bubbles but fair and balanced content is a farcical construct that's dumbed down many consumers of media to what could be consider a 6th grade level of sophistication. People need to re-learn critical thinking skills and be able to filter through opinions whilst reading without getting in a huff.

Likewise, people need to stop throwing tantrums and trying to ruin all those who express views opposing their own; decrying everybody else as "on the wrong side of history" and "dangerous". Oh, wait. That's not what you were talking about. Nevermind.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

...and to shift back to NFL Changes 2015, our first real look at Cleveland's helmets in action:

CF8VkdgWIAAxWur.jpg

Compared to last year on an equally and typically overcast Ohio day:

CF716rnWoAATBGo.jpg

The new helmets are 100x better as I am not distracted by the gray facemask.

spacer.png

...and to shift back to NFL Changes 2015, our first real look at Cleveland's helmets in action:

CF8VkdgWIAAxWur.jpg

CF716rnWoAATBGo.jpg

Agreed...this should kill all pro-gray facemask arguments.

87Redskins.png

CF8VkdgWIAAxWur.jpg

CF716rnWoAATBGo.jpg

:rolleyes: Right. This picture has us all convinced.

All I see is a helmet that used to have some character and seemed to belong specifically to the Cleveland Browns has been swapped out for old Bowling Green helmets.

CF8VkdgWIAAxWur.jpg

CF716rnWoAATBGo.jpg

:rolleyes: Right. This picture has us all convinced.

All I see is a helmet that used to have some character and seemed to belong specifically to the Cleveland Browns has been swapped out for old Bowling Green helmets.

Used to have character? OK...if you must make things up to protect your feelings, feel free.

I just don't see how anyone could see the facemask swap as a downgrade...a gray mask is the definition of "lack of character".

87Redskins.png

Nope. Not even close.

If anything, the dark facemasks make the white padding and chinstrap stand out more. They start making those in team colors, and you might have an argument.

Padding and chinstrap conplaints now? Reeeeeeeeeeeeaching.

I'll agree all day and night that the new uniforms are horrible and a gigantic downgrade, but the helmet is better. The gray facemask was the one weak point of the old look.

$(KGrHqV,!okFI!4v2tqSBSJMU2H+d!~~60_35.J > cool_zps9956fa13.jpg

87Redskins.png

Yes, the new brown facemask does resemble Bowling Green. So what? They just happened to beat the Browns to the switch by a few years. Maybe the Browns wouldn't have been influenced to change if they had not seen how much an improvement it is over the white or gray facemask. To me, the previous helmets (white or gray facemask) look washed out.

And for the record, I liked the gray facemask better than white.

I like the brown facemask better than the gray facemask, but i liked the gray facemask better than the white facemask.

I'm the exact opposite. I think white is best for the Browns, gray was a downgrade, and brown is even worse. The only way they could possibly get worse from here is orange.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived