NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, that's as silly-looking as it is dangerous.

If only we can reduce the pads further.

Dangerous is a stretch. Don't hear anyone complaining about the size of hockey pads.

P+K+Subban+Montreal+Canadiens+v+Toronto+

I don't know enough about hockey to speak with any authority, but I am convinced that extra football padding contributes to the sense of invulnerability that leads players to use their bodies (and heads) as weapons.

No, that's as silly-looking as it is dangerous.

If only we can reduce the pads further.

Dangerous is a stretch. Don't hear anyone complaining about the size of hockey pads.

P+K+Subban+Montreal+Canadiens+v+Toronto+

What????

Those two are not even close.

The shoulder pads on that running back were HUGE!!! Unnecessarily too big, and much bigger than the pads today.

If the Falcons aren't gonna get new uniforms they at least need to bring back the black pants as an option (mostly on the road) and black jerseys as an alt.

2828938399_1abc7fb130_b.jpg

michael-vick-asch.jpg

2400190-michael-vick-of-the-atlanta-falc

I remember I loved these jerseys when they first came out. Even bought a white Vick one. (I was 12 at the time) But I started liking them less when the red became the primary and they started dropping most of the black. Plus they haven't really stood the test of time.

I really like the black pants. I think they should bring them back.

They should revert to this with the new logo in place of the old one, red alternate and full white on the road:

3841287742_004a77b7db_b.jpg

Goldberg,Bill2.jpg

So during starting lineups on TNF tonight, some players didn't have game Jerseys, so they just had them wear blanks. Weird.

Yeah, they have always done that. It's odd that it's done in pro football but not college. Some of it is tailoring as well for pro players

So during starting lineups on TNF tonight, some players didn't have game Jerseys, so they just had them wear blanks. Weird.

Yeah, they have always done that. It's odd that it's done in pro football but not college. Some of it is tailoring as well for pro players

Interesting indeed. This just goes to show I don't watch much TNF, (save for when my team plays) much less the pre-game show.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I'll start by saying that I dislike the current Falcons uniforms. With that said, they're much like the Titans, Panthers, Broncos and Texans. Those jerseys were all designed with the dark as the primary, and later a bright alternate re-color was made. Everybody loved the brightly colored alternates at first. Then as they were worn more (or sometimes became the primaries), it became apparent that the darker jersey was much superior. The Titans finally look good again (relatively) because they switched back to navy at home. I prefer the Broncos in orange, but in the current uniform set, the navy jerseys are much superior. This Falcons set was much better when black was the primary.

I agree with this. For all those teams I always preferred the alternate to the home when the were first released. Then when they became the primary it lost its luster a little. Thankfully the Texans and Panthers* haven't made the alts primary...yet.

*I think said the "what alternate uniforms should be the primary" thread that the Panthers should make the blue jerseys the primary but after you brought up this point and I realized what happened to TEN, ATL and DEN I think I want them to stay as the alternate.

One team who should 100% definitely make their alts the primaries though is the Chargers. Just because they're sooo much better than the Navy ones and there's already enough primarily navy teams and 0 primary powder blue teams.

Archived