NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Well, we're out of the 2014 season, so it's time for a new mega-thread.

What do we have coming up for 2015? The Browns are the only team getting new home and road uniforms, although the Titans are reportedly scrapping their Colombia blue home jerseys in favor of their navy alternates.

From the NFL's new kids' merchandise catalogue:

2016_NFLcatalogue_BoysGirls_1.png

2016_NFLcatalogue_BoysGirls_2.png

We do have three teams getting new alternates (in addition to the Browns): the 49ers, the Dolphins and the Packers.

2016_NFLcatalogue_BoysGirls_3.png

Personally, I'd be surprised if the Packers' new alternate isn't navy blue; it ties in with their long history and sells very well. Perhaps a return to their 1940s design:

1940_NewYorkSundayNews_Isbe.jpg

And hey, works well with their standard gold shells.

It's rumored that the Dolphins' alt will be orange, but I'm not aware of even any whispers around the Niners' new third jersey. Black?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait how are the Falcons and Pats gonna wear throwbacks with the one helmet shell rule?

The Falcons had black helmets in the 90s.
I never realized the Falcons pretty much wore the exact same uniform top in the 90s as the inaugural set...

Never really been a fan of that set, but it's obviously better than their current borderline mess.

Wait how are the Falcons and Pats gonna wear throwbacks with the one helmet shell rule?

Grey facemask and here you go:

drew-bledsoe.jpeg

Or keep the facemask red and do the 20th anniversary of these:

drew-bledsoe.JPG

aaoi214.jpg

What he meant was how do the Pats do it with the red jerseys listed in the catalog? They always wore those with the white helmet and Pat Patriot logo. It's gonna look like sh"t with Flying Elvis

Personally, I'd be surprised if the Packers' new alternate isn't navy blue; it ties in with their long history and sells very well. Perhaps a return to their 1940s design:

1940_NewYorkSundayNews_Isbe.jpg

And hey, works well with their standard gold shells.

This is what I would do if it were up to me... make the classic Lambeau-era look a permanent part of the teams' identity.

But every store in Milwaukee sold out of the official New Era Acme Packers winter hats (I know because I looked!). That alone tells me the new throwback will probably be based on this.

il_570xN.374611050_sdse.jpg

I thought the Rams were supposed to unveil new uniforms this year? Maybe I have the wrong year?

PS: Nike may surprise me, but I already feel bad for Browns fans. The one thing about their franchise that isn't a train wreck is the jerseys. Something tells me that's not going to be the case a few months from today.

I don't think the catalog is an indication that the Falcons will now wear the 1990s throwbacks. I believe they are just a continuation of being available at retail as part of the 1966 throwback. This will be the seventh year the throwbacks have been available.

I'm going to throw my guess out there that I am suspecting a throwback for the Dolphins since this will be their 50th season.

Grey facemask and here you go:drew-bledsoe.jpeg

Or keep the facemask red and do the 20th anniversary of these:drew-bledsoe.JPG

aaoi214.jpg

If they reproduced these jerseys next season, I would totally get a Tom Brady one. Those are sweet. B)

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I thought the Rams were supposed to unveil new uniforms this year? Maybe I have the wrong year?

Rams have certainly hinted at a change (either to royal and gold or blue and white) but never confirmed it. It won't be next year but could come as early as 2016, which is also likely to be their first season in Los Angeles.

Archived