NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

I think templates are just getting more and more annoying as time goes on. They're just trying too hard. These are football players not astronauts.

Because it's not about the teams. And it's not about performance or sweat-wickiness. It's about Nike. It's strategically designing templates with distinctive seams to distinguish the product to the point where people know the manufacturer without seeing the swoosh.

In fairness, the absolute worst manufacturer when it comes to this gimmick is Adidas. Nike, UA and Russell have their own seam patterns, but only Adidas slaps tire tread all over their jerseys to make sure everyone knows who made them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather than painting end zone logos in London, they just have the outlined word mark and then the color is filled by TV graphics. What the hell is that all about?!??!?

I came here just to post this haha...looks pretty bad.

Rather than painting end zone logos in London, they just have the outlined word mark and then the color is filled by TV graphics. What the hell is that all about?!??!?

Yeah. At first it looked like they did a bad job painting between the lines, then they showed a replay and there was no paint. Why would they feel the need to do that?

These are the best pics I got.

jP1Z0iE.jpg

8Tdl6gG.jpg

So that's what that is. I noticed it looked like some weird 3d effect, but at one point it looked like it was actually moving. Why bother filling it in with computer graphics? It looks fine with just the outline.

Forgive me if this has been discussed. I'm on phone so it's not easy to search...

Is it just me, or are the Cowboys wearing gray/silver pants instead of the traditional green against the Saints tonight?

They're in navy, so they're wearing their silver pants. The green only goes with the white jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What a :censored: ing mess.

There are inconsistencies and idiosyncrasies which are charming, throwbacks to days gone by. And then there are relics of a profoundly stupid era, which out to be changed immediately.

Hey Jerruh, it's 2025 and we all have high-def TVs. You can make the silvers natch now.

There are inconsistencies and idiosyncrasies which are charming, throwbacks to days gone by. And then there are relics of a profoundly stupid era, which out to be changed immediately.

Hey Jerruh, it's 2025 we all have high-def TVs. You can make the silvers natch now.

Heh heh... yeah. All of us.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

So that's what that is. I noticed it looked like some weird 3d effect, but at one point it looked like it was actually moving. Why bother filling it in with computer graphics? It looks fine with just the outline.

on this: The English National team has a match on Friday, so likely to accommodate this. Also it might have been a time saver, with the Rugby World Cup being there this past tuesday

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Hey Jerruh, it's 2025 we all have high-def TVs. You can make the silvers natch now.

Heh heh... yeah. All of us.

I like tube tvs better than flat screens, which proves how demented I am but they are just so charming

I'm all for nostalgia but when you start talking about TV's, that's one topic where nostalgia shouldn't even apply. High definition is way better and honestly makes me question how I put up with standard definition. I only prefer old TV's when it comes to old video games.

bSLCtu2.png

I'm always years behind the curve when it comes to technology. If even I have an HDTV, then they're obviously the standard for the nation. :P

The Cowboys' green pants were designed to match the helmets on television. Well, they don't any more. Time to scrap them.

The English FA probably wanted to limit the amount of ink on the field. The NFL probably asked CBS to fill in the wordmarks. Still pretty silly to do the latter.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The English FA probably wanted to limit the amount of ink on the field. The NFL probably asked CBS to fill in the wordmarks. Still pretty silly to do the latter.

For what it was, I thought they actual did a good job. I'dve rather they didn't fill at all, but I'm surprised it looked as good as it did.

Unfortunately, some CBS exec is now pondering whether they can put and rotate ads on the field now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unfortunately, some CBS exec is now pondering whether they can put and rotate ads on the field now.

They have been doing this in F1 for the past year or so. So it's not unprecedented and the technology is already out there.

fly-emirates.png?w=604&h=339

rolex.png

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Hey Jerruh, it's 2025 and we all have high-def TVs. You can make the silvers natch now.

Crap. I guess that nap lasted longer than I thought. That's the last time I drink Old Crow.

As for the England game, I only saw one highlight, which was the Jets' clinching TD. At least from that, the endzone wordmark stood out right away. It had a strange glow to it and looked blurred. At first I thought it was some faux-3D thing, like they Toronto Raptors have done. Then I thought they painted it somehow so the wordmark would actually jump out if you were watching a 3D broadcast. It honestly looked blurred similarly to 3D material when you're looking at it without glasses. Hopefully they don't do that again.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived