NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

Eh, I disagree about that last part. I don't see Kroneke waiting patiently much longer. But that's a subject for another thread.

As for this bit:

It's far too early for anything more than rumors.

Given that it's a 2 year process I would politely disagree that it's too early for any news.

Sure, teams have been working on changes, but that doesn't mean we should have any confirmation now. No team is going to announce a uniform or color change in the middle of a season. The Marlins did it a couple years ago, and it was shocking. Teams don't want to impact merchandise sales.

So no, it's too early to have anything more than rumors at this point of the season. It's even too early for leaks, which usually come in the last couple weeks as merchandise starts to make its way through the supply pipeline.

It's not too early. browns and miami redesigns in addition to many others were discussed/confirmed on these very boards, beat writers and other sources outside of a year before unveiling. Due to production and timelines '16 is already locked in and catalog leaks should be right around the corner.

LA in '16 is not happening as nfl.com writers are already parroting the company line of pushing out to '17. al davis' precedent for relocating is not as cut and dry this time as there are 3 owners fighting for the market at the same time which means lawsuits and injunctions.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Cleveland's new jerseys have possibly improved the sale of the old ones, a lot of fans are buying the old ones just asa reminder of what could have been.

No matter what, people will buy new jerseys because they want the latest item, but I agree with your point. I wish now the old uniforms were back. I'm not a Browns fan but I hate looking at those new uniforms every week.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1. If you're going to drop black from the jerseys, then should be dropped from helmet/pants too. Only way to do on helmet without wing looking washed out is to make the entire inner portion of the wing silver - so kind of like an updated version of the Cunningham-era wing. I kind of like it sans black, as the black makes the green appear darker than it is. Could work either way though.

2. If set on silver pants, I wonder how silver numbers would look - like early Billy Sims era Lions. I think the Lions proved that black isn't required to separate white from silver, regardless of which is main color.

3. With white numbers, might want to try white pants with green/silver stripes. The white pants would make everything seem brighter. I don't know if I like silver or white better for them anymore.

You can remove black from the Eagles without washing it out, but it involves choosing the correct colors, and Nike actually being able to reproduce those colors consistently.

iggles_zpsnbsu1qw1.png

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

1.  If you're going to drop black from the jerseys, then should be dropped from helmet/pants too.  Only way to do on helmet without wing looking washed out is to make the entire inner portion of the wing silver - so kind of like an updated version of the Cunningham-era wing.  I kind of like it sans black, as the black makes the green appear darker than it is.  Could work either way though.

2.  If set on silver pants, I wonder how silver numbers would look - like early Billy Sims era Lions.  I think the Lions proved that black isn't required to separate white from silver, regardless of which is main color.

3.  With white numbers, might want to try white pants with green/silver stripes.  The white pants would make everything seem brighter.  I don't know if I like silver or white better for them anymore.

You can remove black from the Eagles without washing it out, but it involves choosing the correct colors, and Nike actually being able to reproduce those colors consistently.

Not bad. I think a gray facemask works better here.

Of course it can work...it worked in the early 1980s.  What I'd really like is a return of that helmet...I liked that wing a lot better.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah, almost every new uniform gives sales a temporary boost.

The question is whether those sales increases can be sustained through year three, four, five and on.

Any time someone brings up positive sales as evidence that a new awful uniform is popular with fans need to remember that the Buffaslug led the NHL in sales in its first year. Fans will always buy the new gear because they want to wear what the team is wearing even if they don't like what the team is wearing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah that's fine, but I"d keep the asymmetrical pants strips. They look... faster somehow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Same as the mystery Dolphins template I've been harping on about and looks the same as the Oregon leaks (though not sure why there isn't a swoosh on those- the quality looks like a Nike product).

Do we have a picture of that Dolphins template?

OHIOST.pngSF.png SF.pngSAC.png

Archived