NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess for the 49ers new alt:

CNBC_Sports_defectors_sanders.jpg

I was hoping we'd seen the last of those.

Me, too. If they do throw back to the fauxbacks, I hope the fans don't love them, leading to selling out the jerseys, leading to the team incorporating black in the uniforms, which soon grow stale, leading to going back to the championship look, which leads to a throwback...

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Personally, I'd be surprised if the Packers' new alternate isn't navy blue; it ties in with their long history and sells very well. Perhaps a return to their 1940s design:

1940_NewYorkSundayNews_Isbe.jpg

And hey, works well with their standard gold shells.

This is what I would do if it were up to me... make the classic Lambeau-era look a permanent part of the teams' identity.

But every store in Milwaukee sold out of the official New Era Acme Packers winter hats (I know because I looked!). That alone tells me the new throwback will probably be based on this.

il_570xN.374611050_sdse.jpg

I know it won't happen but I kinda wanted to see the set with the kelly green in it. But I know the navy/ACME stuff sells pretty good so I'm sure they will stick with the navy.

Has anyone realized that the pictures show 31 teams? Where are the cowboys??

Cowboys have opted out of the nfl apparel agreement which allows them 100% of their revenue and no revenue sharing. Thus if you're a retailer and want to sell cowboys merch you have to deal directly with Jerry & Co. and he'll ship you whatever you'd like to stock.

Such is the beauty of franchise arrangements, if you're an owner willing to challenge the corporate office rules sometimes you can get away with operating how you see fit. On another note does anyone know if they're required to work with nfl properties when it comes to the design process? Are they subject to the 2 year redesign window? Do they have to use nike as a supplier?

I know it won't happen but I kinda wanted to see the set with the kelly green in it. But I know the navy/ACME stuff sells pretty good so I'm sure they will stick with the navy.

Believe me, I'd love to see the kelly green set too. Shame they didn't throw back to that for the 2003 thanksgiving game where they wore the 1967 unis instead.

Then again, it did show us how portable those unis are to a modern template... make it happen, Packers!

photo19.jpg

Has anyone realized that the pictures show 31 teams? Where are the cowboys??

Cowboys have opted out of the nfl apparel agreement which allows them 100% of their revenue and no revenue sharing. Thus if you're a retailer and want to sell cowboys merch you have to deal directly with Jerry & Co. and he'll ship you whatever you'd like to stock.

Such is the beauty of franchise arrangements, if you're an owner willing to challenge the corporate office rules sometimes you can get away with operating how you see fit. On another note does anyone know if they're required to work with nfl properties when it comes to the design process? Are they subject to the 2 year redesign window? Do they have to use nike as a supplier?

That's what I thought.

Edit: this is the same guy as JJrob1996. I forgot I had another account :/

Believe me, I'd love to see the kelly green set too. Shame they didn't throw back to that for the 2003 thanksgiving game where they wore the 1967 unis instead.

Then again, it did show us how portable those unis are to a modern template... make it happen, Packers!

photo19.jpg

There is absolutely no reason that isn't their regular road jersey. So much better. Just add the NFL shield at the throat and we're ready to go.

B8YcPtdIQAErbQk.jpg

It is not the real Browns new uniforms but is a mockup by Wreck The League on twitter

Doesn't look half bad. My problem with this look is, they would look too much like the Buccaneers, since it's just the Bucs new uniforms in Browns colors.

B8YcPtdIQAErbQk.jpg

It is not the real Browns new uniforms but is a mockup by Wreck The League on twitter

Doesn't look half bad. My problem with this look is, they would look too much like the Buccaneers, since it's just the Bucs new uniforms in Browns colors.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind that much something like this but I'm pretty confident they'll end up looking like crap...

Wait how are the Falcons and Pats gonna wear throwbacks with the one helmet shell rule?

They don't. The Pats throwback exists solely to sell merch at this point. I'd bet once the window opens to change them, the Pats will either go to the 90's throwback (pleasepleasepleaseplease) or we're gonna see a red version of the current set.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

That is not a mock up and it's not the Bucs uniform. It's simply the Pro Bowl set with the colors swapped.

I know those are the Pro Bowl uniforms and not the Bucs', you don't think I noticed the ginormous Pro Bowl patch? But the Pro Bowl uniforms are basically the Bucs' new uniforms. They colored in the same parts of the template just like Nike did on new Bucs' uniforms, except Nike didn't make the shoulder's a different color on the home than the rest of the jersey. Wow, just noticed how fill-in-the-template the new Buccaneers threads are.

Archived