Re-Branding: ECHL:San Francisco Bulls

biscuit faces of them

You're still rushing. I don't think 3 nights is quite what anyone had in mind when they said take your time. These programs are complicated, and it takes a lot more time than that to learn how to use them well. I guarantee that if you ask anyone on these boards who puts out great computerized work, they would tell you that they worked with the program for MUCH longer, and they're probably still learning new tricks that make their work even better.

Now I know you're excited, and that's good. I think you have potential to put out some great concepts in the future because you have so much passion for it. But you need to put aside your excitement to get a concept out RIGHT NOW. I would say that you need a few weeks, at the bare minimum, to get your skill level up to the point where you can post a quality concept. I've been learning how to use illustrator for a couple months now, and I still don't feel I'm good enough at it to post any logo concepts using it. Stay active on the boards, learn from the people here, but be patient with your own concepts and work on them on your own until they are at a high enough level for posting here.

In terms of the actual logo, I would like to see a little more creativity, right now you just slapped a 49ers SF on the current bulls logo (by the way, that gradient won't work, you wouldn't be able to see the initials from any distance). I personally think you should distance yourself from their logo. Try to get the old bulls logo out of your head and create something that is YOURS.

Ok. Point taken.

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an important tip for any symmetric logo, when you complete one side, copy, flip and use the mirrored side for the remaining side so both sides are the same. It appears that you made both sides separately and all you really did was trace. Tracing isn't bad but it's really not representative of your designing abilities, all it's good for is learning how to use a program so you are on the right track in that regard.

I really hope that you are using a less advanced program. I can't stress how good Paint.NET is and you can use it at any level of you're design abilities.

Here's an important tip for any symmetric logo, when you complete one side, copy, flip and use the mirrored side for the remaining side so both sides are the same. It appears that you made both sides separately and all you really did was trace. Tracing isn't bad but it's really not representative of your designing abilities, all it's good for is learning how to use a program so you are on the right track in that regard.

I really hope that you are using a less advanced program. I can't stress how good Paint.NET is and you can use it at any level of you're design abilities.

I tried downloading Paint.NET but it wouldn't gun. So basically i'm stuck with inkscape

28ahpn4.jpg

The sublimated sf might be hard to see outside of a digital screen. That's it. And next do reading! The royals are all about purple gray and black.... Keep gray in the designs if you choose to do themm

Fair point on the subliminal SF. Also After I finish this thread (Which will be similar as I mentioned to Sparky C's Las Vegas Aces Thread) I will be heading back to the WRL thread I had. However I will consider it for the future

28ahpn4.jpg

As for the actual logo, just clean it up. You have black lines throughout the logo that are easy to clean. Also, get rid of the circle outlines on the 49ers SF logo. All you have to do is paint over the lines using the color that you're using. I think this could end up being a solid concept, but as of right now, it's way too messy.

MARKHAM UNITED.png

As for the actual logo, just clean it up. You have black lines throughout the logo that are easy to clean. Also, get rid of the circle outlines on the 49ers SF logo. All you have to do is paint over the lines using the color that you're using. I think this could end up being a solid concept, but as of right now, it's way too messy.

I totally missed that. Thanks for pointing that out

28ahpn4.jpg

Did you just paste the 49ers logo on the Bulls' head?

no i drew it myself. Was challenging though

Seriously? C'mon man
im dead serious
I'm pretty sure he's trying to say come up with your own SF instead of using the 49ers, which I totally agree with.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

I'm not trying to be rude although I'm seeing a slight improvement everytime, there's a lot of "didn't see that" and other one liners. I would try to stay away from responding to each comment with a phrase, if someone suggests something, implement it and when you post, you can then quote the person that influenced your latest edit. I think you are oberthinking this. All you are doing is redrawing the actual logo, it shouldn't take that long even for a beginner. I'm not sure how you are tracing but it seems like you'd get the same result by just refilling the actual logo. The lines are still inconsistent, you can see the lines of the 49ers oval, there is still a strange gradient going on and it still appears that you haven't mirrored the image to make both sides the same.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude but I'm starting to get to the point where I believe this is a joke or something.

I'm not trying to be rude although I'm seeing a slight improvement everytime, there's a lot of "didn't see that" and other one liners. I would try to stay away from responding to each comment with a phrase, if someone suggests something, implement it and when you post, you can then quote the person that influenced your latest edit. I think you are oberthinking this. All you are doing is redrawing the actual logo, it shouldn't take that long even for a beginner. I'm not sure how you are tracing but it seems like you'd get the same result by just refilling the actual logo. The lines are still inconsistent, you can see the lines of the 49ers oval, there is still a strange gradient going on and it still appears that you haven't mirrored the image to make both sides the same.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude but I'm starting to get to the point where I believe this is a joke or something.

The gradient is there to give a shine affect yes I did draw the sf logo.that's what took the longest. The two lines next to that were little brother hacking in while I was doing number 2. I do agree I should credit edit suggestions. No this is not a joke.Im seeing this through to the end.

28ahpn4.jpg

The gradient is there to give a shine affect yes I did draw the sf logo.that's what took the longest. The two lines next to that were little brother hacking in while I was doing number 2. I do agree I should credit edit suggestions. No this is not a joke.Im seeing this through to the end.
The lines next to it arent from anything but the leftovers of a trace of the 49ers logo. Everyone is and has been pretty understanding here and we want you to get better at the craft but at least don't act like we're all idiots.

Archived