Re-Branding: ECHL:San Francisco Bulls

biscuit faces of them

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it pretty hilarious. What's the issue with colouring the stripes? The whole jersey still looks messy.

And for future reference, if you are mixing a mistake to an image on a post, EDIT that post. Stop reposting the same thing only to not actually fix the error anyway.

I find it pretty hilarious. What's the issue with colouring the stripes? The whole jersey still looks messy.

And for future reference, if you are mixing a mistake to an image on a post, EDIT that post. Stop reposting the same thing only to not actually fix the error anyway.

sorry. It makes it easier for me so I can see what I missed. Thanks for the advice.

Quick note both polls are open until March 1st

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

Here's some advice, take it our leave it. Don't worry about rally towels or outdoor game locations until you can put out a decent, clean, jersey. Focus on that first. I know you were inspired by sparkys thread but he didn't get all the excitement over it by polling for promo items. He did good work. He made an identity for that team. And once he had the team identity nailed down he branched out. and continued to make good work.

Learn to be a perfectionist. And by that I mean: if you're trying to design a new jersey, design one jersey. One. And then look at it. Stare it up and down. Inspect the stripes. The logo. The number placement. Is it exactly how you want it to be? if yes, post it here. There's no real reason to keep posting jerseys with messed up stripes. That's not being new to designing uniforms, or new to using a certain software, or new to posting here. It's just lack of care for your designs. And if you don't care, we don't care. You've had a lot of people offer solid comments and criticisms over the course of the thread, and most of them you ignored, either intentionally or unintentionally.

There are folks that have come through here with the same amount of design skill and experience that you have. Some have stayed, worked on their craft and gotten good at posting interesting concepts and logo's that people like to look at. And some have flamed out due to lack of truly caring what they produce. I hope you stick around a while and keep getting better. But you've got to decide you're going to put in the effort and not just post wildly and keep giving us unfinished, sloppy work.

Hope this is helpful and encouraging because that's truly what I mean for it to be. Keep working.

Guest darkpiranha

Thx. Ill do some rrefinements and post them when im finished

This is just your friendly reminder to slow down and focus on doing everything step by step. As Fifty8 said, force yourself to be a perfectionist.

Here's another way of looking at our advice. There's a lot of people who come in here and post stuff willy-nilly and ignore all advice. Very quickly, we learn to ignore those people, because they have no interest in getting better. Usually, those people eventually go away.

We can tell you really do want to get better and are doing your best to listen to, and implement, advice. So we're going to continue to give you honest advice and honest encouragement. Until you're at a point where you're as good as Sparky and many of the others here, we're going to try to get you to put on the brakes when you get sidetracked on producing all the extra stuff when you're still needing to work on the basics. You've made GREAT strides so far. Take what you've learned about design and the program you're using, and go through the concepts you really like and try to deconstruct in your head how they made that logo or uniform. If you see a shape or style you don't know how it was achieved, that's a great impetus to dig deeper into your graphics program and see how to make it do that. This is a lot harder to do, but until you learn these things, you'll be limited to circles and straight stripes. Look at the cool flourishes on uniforms that aren't just straight line stripes. Learn how those are done. Build on what you've learned to add more tools to your design toolbelt. It's a process. It won't be overnight or even in a week or a month.

I haven't checked in on this thread for quite a while, but I was really impressed by the long feedback some of the members are giving you, biscuit. Don't take that for granted. Darkpiranha, Fifty8, and 1clk, and others have all spent some time trying to improve your skills. It would have been easy for them to say, "Forget it, he's not taking my advice. I'm done" and leave, but they keep checking in on you and do want to make your skills better.

The logo is getting better. An obvious thing that needs to be fixed is the notches at the bottom of the roundel. I know someone pointed it out to you, and your response was along the lines of "I can't get rid of them." Figure out how to get rid of them. That has been what all this advice has been about: learning how to get rid of things like that. I had a similar issue with a logo I am working on (odd points when I put an offset path/stroke around it), but then I went back and found the little areas that were causing it, and I removed them. If you can't do that, then place another circle there (start over). Leave the one you currently have, but put another one over top of it. Make sure they are the same size and placed exactly the same, then get rid of the first roundel.

award%20sig.png

Archived