NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

4d0800c6b0f2a6484195e4d203a7b3db.jpg

Looks darker than most modern NBA courts, if anything.

I also wouldn't mind if they inverted the colors of the paint and baseline to a black paint with red out of bounds/ Black font so that the court doesn't look the same as Portland or Toronto

No, the red should be the primary color, since you see the keys more than the out-of-bounds areas. It's not the Bulls' job to yield to Toronto.

I like the black out of bounds area for the Bulls against all red like it used to be in the photo. But that's true, the Bulls are not the ones to yield.

Agreed
shado_logo.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't post a pic right now, but there's a few pics online of Sam dekker in the Rockets New Jersey cut. Looks much much better.

vNfJHuyl.jpg

CDgemD0l.jpg

jIP9uRUl.jpg

IMO, they should have done away with that collar and gone with the one the Lakers, Magic wear.

Shoulder stripes worked better with the larger sleeves, but look so bunched together on the thinner silhouette. Almost look like suspenders ...I guess that'll complete the hipster look for Harden.

This temporary band-aid fix makes me wonder if they're waiting on Nike to then do a complete overhaul instead of under outgoing Adidas.

NYCdog.png

Rockets might be the best change this year

Nuggets should also change the primary logo type to this too. And why just the ball logo, and not the pick axe version in the collar?

Raptors screwed up IMO. Those numbers wtf!

Clippers shouldn't even be mentioned. Evident failure

OKC still looks like a farm team/dleague team

Suns unis still look confused. Streak to the number is stupid, word marks are too rigid, butt stripe is arbitrary

Atlantas previous look was better. I'm not too fond of the new word mark type either.

Bucks are meh. Looking more and more d league-ish.

The best looking teams in the NBA right now are the Wizards, Sixers, Pelicans, and Hornets

Everyone else is a smorgasbord of mismatched elements of different eras, recolors, forced "modernization", (looking at you Utah Jazz)

The Lakers and celtics are just the Lakers and celtics "it works"

Y'know, I actually really like the new font for the Nuggets and find it a great improvement....I just don't think I'll ever like any Nuggets uniform that continues to use that color scheme. I'm sorry, they haven't pulled it off and still can't. It's just not a scheme that works for a miner/prospector themed team. The McDyess years? That scheme nailed it. It was rough, outdoorsy, and kinda folksy. This one's none of those things, it's just too bright and sorta general and has been for years now (and I don't feel the switch of trim from royal to navy blue helped, either).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Y'know, I actually really like the new font for the Nuggets and find it a great improvement....I just don't think I'll ever like any Nuggets uniform that continues to use that color scheme. I'm sorry, they haven't pulled it off and still can't. It's just not a scheme that works for a miner/prospector themed team. The McDyess years? That scheme nailed it. It was rough, outdoorsy, and kinda folksy. This one's none of those things, it's just too bright and sorta general and has been for years now (and I don't feel the switch of trim from royal to navy blue helped, either).

The McDyess scheme was a bland product of the 90s trend of darkening everything. Dark navy? Dark red? Washed out gold? Nothing stood out, and thus the team had no visual identity. It's the same problem the Canucks' 1997-2007 scheme had. It's just too dark. Nothing really gives it an identity.

The team managed to switch to double blue just before the scheme became overused, beating both the Grizzlies and the Jazz to market. The double blue and gold look also works as a nice update to this older Nuggets look. The team had an identity then. They had an identity with the rainbow look. They have an identity now. They were more or less directionless in the bland look you're describing.

The biggest mark against the McDyess look though? No one cares. The Raptors, Pacers, Hawks, Kings, Heat, and Suns (among a few others) have all thrown back to their 90s looks recently. 90s nostalgia is in today, especially among the crowd too young to actually remember the decade. And with all that the Nuggets aren't selling McDyess-era throwback gear.

I just did a quick check of the team's online store. I could find retro gear for every uniform era of Nuggets basketball save one. The McDyess look. Probably because no one wants it. Those other 90s looks I mentioned? Some were good, some were horrible. All left an impact that made them memorable. The Nuggets' 90s look just didn't. It was bland and lifeless then and it is now.

Archived