NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they lose in those Clutch City uniforms. Won't be so clutch then, huh?

Well with both James Harden and Dwight Howard the chances are basically a lock in for that to happen.

Yeah it's not like they were the second best team in the west last yr...

The gray are bad. Could be salvageable if they lost the sleeves and used a similar wordmark to the blacks.

Red are bad. I wasn't a huge fan of the old alts and they somehow made them busier while adding sleeves and making te design look awkward.

The black I actually like a lot. I could see that as a base for rebrand albeit with red and yellow instead of Black and red.

I find it funny that at the reveal they mentioned having read ClutchFans and heard their calls for black uniforms. That was maybe like 10% of the fans, 90% of the fans just want a simple classic look that reminds us of our championship identity as primary uniforms.

Clutch City? BAHAHAA What a joke.Worst jerseys I've ever seen

Too bad I've reached my quota of positive votes for the day... These jerseys are so incredibly stupid they're turning the NBA into a real joke. As a Pistons fan I totally despise the Motor City alts despite the fact that the nickname refers to the city in itself as a de facto nickname known worldwide. Imagine when a jersey not only features a nickname but one that only refers to the city because of a team like clutch city and rip city... These belong on fan t-shirts and shouldn't even be allowed on official uniforms. What a Mickey Mouse trend...

I'm not the only Pistons fan on this planet!!!!!!!!

Yeah the Motor City jerseys are terrible.

Calling it right now, the black jersey will be the base of the updaded jerseys in a couple of seasons. Black, White, Red and Yellow.

My money is on that too. I actually kinda like them ... though they look like a Toronto rip-off.

CO_DgXzUEAAEMBN.jpg

This looks like uniforms for three different teams.

Is it BFBS? Black makes more sense for the Houston Rockets with the space theme than the "Nets" or "Raptors." The "Bulls" or "Trail Blazers" or "Spurs" or "Heat" and whoever else has black as part of their classic color scheme was started out as BFBS. I suppose you mean since it's never been part of the history of the team. But, it at least makes sense more than other teams including those classic teams.

Calling it right now, the black jersey will be the base of the updaded jerseys in a couple of seasons. Black, White, Red and Yellow.

My money is on that too. I actually kinda like them ... though they look like a Toronto rip-off.

CO_DgXzUEAAEMBN.jpg

Who knew that the BFBS jersey is the best one of the bunch? Get the black one in team colors (red and yellow) and you may have a winner.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Clutch City? BAHAHAA What a joke.Worst jerseys I've ever seen

Too bad I've reached my quota of positive votes for the day... These jerseys are so incredibly stupid they're turning the NBA into a real joke. As a Pistons fan I totally despise the Motor City alts despite the fact that the nickname refers to the city in itself as a de facto nickname known worldwide. Imagine when a jersey not only features a nickname but one that only refers to the city because of a team like clutch city and rip city... These belong on fan t-shirts and shouldn't even be allowed on official uniforms. What a Mickey Mouse trend...

I'm not the only Pistons fan on this planet!!!!!!!!

Yeah the Motor City jerseys are terrible.

Clutch

n.

the crucial moment that comes between winning and losing

adj.

being able to perform under extreme pressure

Kobe can only sink 3's in the clutch

(Derived from the clutch mechanism in a manual car, where perfect timing can mean the difference between a launch and a stall)

So Pistons jerseys would be a better fit for clutch, who knew :blink:

CO_DgXzUEAAEMBN.jpg

Who knew that the BFBS jersey is the best one of the bunch? Get the black one in team colors (red and yellow) and you may have a winner.

I hope for 2016-2017, they have a White - Home, Red with Yellow Accent - Road, Yellow with Red Accent - Alt 1 and Black - Alt 2

Is it BFBS? Black makes more sense for the Houston Rockets with the space theme than the "Nets" or "Raptors." The "Bulls" or "Trail Blazers" or "Spurs" or "Heat" and whoever else has black as part of their classic color scheme was started out as BFBS. I suppose you mean since it's never been part of the history of the team. But, it at least makes sense more than other teams including those classic teams.

Yes. It's BFBS. The original team colors were red and yellow. Then the awful navy and red era. Then red and silver. Even if it appeared on the original logo, black was not a team color. The Nets and Raptors' sets both suck so I'll ignore them, but the Bulls, Blazers, Spurs and Heat all started out with black, and all before BFBS became a thing, so they aren't the problem. The freaking Raptors are the problem, using the same colors as established teams in the same way. The Rockets should embrace their unique and great red and yellow scheme instead of trying to look like a bunch of other teams.

And you need to looks past the team name/color thing. No navy and orange bears or blue and silver lions. It's fine if teams incorporate colors from the team name into the identity, but it's only necessary when the name is inseparable from the color. For instance, the Cardinals should always wear red, the Blues should always wear blue and the Browns should always wear brown, even if they were named after some guy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, it's BFBS. Their championship look used red, white, and gold. Their 90s XTREME rebrand used navy, white, and red. The current primary look uses red, white, and grey. Black has, until now, never been a team colour.

The team's entire identity is a mess. Are they a red and grey team? A black, white, and red team? Grey, black and red? Red and gold? I would love to see them go with modernized versions of their championship era look. It's bold, clean, and uses a style not often seen with wordmarks. Sure, the uniforms could use a do-over. And yeah, the championship era logo would need a redesign. Still? The overall look still works. It's an identity associated with past greatness that the team can reclaim. It's better then having three alternates and four uniform sets with disparate colour schemes.

Archived