NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

I was in the camp that liked the Bucks' black alternates at first, but now I've started to dislike them since they wear them so often (pulling a Cleveland).

Honestly, you rarely see a regular uni match-up in the NBA anymore, where the home team wears the regular home uni and the away team the regular road uni. It's become such a mess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston wore their new/old rendition of the St. Patrick's Day jerseys tonight vs OKC. Good news: back to being sleeveless. Bad news: based on the terrible alt template (as were the shorts with the sleeved version), rather than the regular green uni template.

lead630-4c26cc752f1439e330b6a4d1bc4fcc13

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 16.2.2016 at 9:34 AM, Wilt said:

NBA Store, where amazing happens

james_wade.jpg

Honestly, I'm surprised the Heat managed to pull it off without a single sleeved jersey.

Wade vs. James 10:9

wade_lat.jpg

And my favourite topic, retro matchups

holiday.jpg

lester.jpg

On 3/17/2016 at 8:25 PM, Digby said:

Boston wore their new/old rendition of the St. Patrick's Day jerseys tonight vs OKC. Good news: back to being sleeveless. Bad news: based on the terrible alt template (as were the shorts with the sleeved version), rather than the regular green uni template.

lead630-4c26cc752f1439e330b6a4d1bc4fcc13

My feelings exactly. Glad to have Boston's St. Patty's Day uniforms without sleeves again (Kelly-ish Green/Gold is actually a very nice color scheme and works for the Celtics), but using the black-numbered template negates the lack of sleeves considerably. Also, I still like OKC's orange alts, and Green vs. Orange is a nice color matchup (maybe it's because of the Irish national flag). Phoenix and Utah also coordinated their uniforms accordingly last night:

516248264.jpg

I'm also glad that the Suns removed the sleeves from their orange alts, but a little purple (and a few tweaks to their design, namely the sun/front number region) would go miles in improving their look.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

2 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

516248264.jpg

I'm also glad that the Suns removed the sleeves from their orange alts, but a little purple (and a few tweaks to their design, namely the sun/front number region) would go miles in improving their look.

Maybe it's unpopular but I can't stand the Suns half-assed attempt at looking good like they used to. The numbers/streaks are absolutely horrible on the front without an actual sun and the fact that they don't use every colors on their jerseys makes these totally boring and generic.

I'm surprised I didn't hear anything about this.  The Baltimore Bullets returned during the January 28th game against the Nuggets. Team was apparently referred to as the Bullets on the broadcast, in the arena and on the game program.

9qTFqhs.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm surprised I didn't hear anything about this.  The Baltimore Bullets returned during the January 28th game against the Nuggets. Team was apparently referred to as the Bullets on the broadcast, in the arena and on the game program.

9qTFqhs.jpg

I did mention it

On 11.2.2016 at 9:27 PM, Wilt said:

I meant regular home uniforms, which I'm aware are different from the 80-90s Spurs uniforms but still very similar. Thanks for pointing out the differences between the throwbacks and original Mavs jerseys. Still I consider them close enough. Nothing comparable to the Washington's abominations. And to make the matters worse the broadcasters pretend that they are Baltimore Bullers when they are wearing those pyjamas.

I was too lazy to post the pictures though.

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

^ Booooo! Needs to go to Portland, imo. Or maybe OKC?

I definitely agree with this. I'm biased being from the area and also as a Blazers fan, but Portland has shown they can host big events (albeit not quite the size of the NBA ASG, but big events nonetheless). And like you say, OKC would be another good candidate as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, Waffles said:

CeWNOaIXEAUudvX.jpg

CeWNOjcWwAEdrTY.jpg

Meh. It's like they tried to pay homage to the New York Nets identity, but they genericized the interesting parts.

I don't know where the homage is.  Without the stars down the side, there is no connection to the team's classic look.

The fact that the Brooklyn Nets wore the true classic uniforms when they played an exhibition game at the Nassau Coliseum prior to the 2012-13 season made me hope that they really were going to bring those unis back for this D-League team, which will ultimately be playing in that same building.

<a gi-track='captionPersonalityLinkClicked' href=/galleries/search?phrase=MarShon+Brooks&family=editorial&specificpeople=4884862 ng-click='$event.stopPropagation()'>MarShon Brooks</a> #9 of the Brooklyn Nets drives to the basket against the New York Knicks on October 24, 2012 at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Long Island, New York.

<a gi-track='captionPersonalityLinkClicked' href=/galleries/search?phrase=MarShon+Brooks&family=editorial&specificpeople=4884862 ng-click='$event.stopPropagation()'>MarShon Brooks</a> #9 of the Brooklyn Nets drives to the basket against <a gi-track='captionPersonalityLinkClicked' href=/galleries/search?phrase=Jason+Kidd&family=editorial&specificpeople=201560 ng-click='$event.stopPropagation()'>Jason Kidd</a> #5 of the New York Knicks on October 24, 2012 at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Long Island, New York.

What a disappointment.  Also, their decision to use in the logo a wordmark that is neither the classic one nor the current one is downright baffling.  

The only thing that is good about these D-League uniforms is that they say "Nets" at home.  Perhaps the big club will follow suit.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

7 hours ago, joshey said:

Bullets>>>>>>wizards. I hate the overly PC world we live in sometimes.... 

Wrong thing to take a stand on...Abe Pollin changed the name because he grew uncomfortable with the increasing death rate due to gun violence in DC and also the assassination of his longtime friend Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.  He wasn't pressured to do anything, he just didn't like his team being associated with gun violence.

GR30a5H.png

Wizards would be better off changing their name since people are complaining it can be related to the KKK

I maybe remembering it wrong when they first introduce the name wizard, the planned color scheme red, white and blue but were scrapped to tealish, gold and black to distance themselves from the KKK.  

Archived