NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

So, can someone catch me up on all this...

Raptors- Logo and uniforms

Clippers- Assume just logos?

Bucks- possible new uniforms and logos?

76ers- new uniforms only?

T-wolves- new logo only?

Hawks- new uniforms, colors and logo

Missing anything?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I should have posted this in this thread.

Hawks owner and CEO Steve Koonin has been hinting at a rebrand for a while. Last night he told a local radio show, when asked why there hasn't been a lot of new Pac-logo apparel available, that "the Pac logo is about to replace the old Hawk logo" and that there are "big, secret changes in the works."

We've also heard mention of uniform concepts and outlandish court concepts from Koonin when he was interviewed for an ESPN feature earlier this year, and there's a board member here at CCSLC who has a lot of credibility and says the team is making a color change.

To reply to Fifty, I think when Koonin took over as CEO a few years ago he wanted to get this in the works. It's been a process. We saw the new logo released out of nowhere in the playoffs last year. We're phasing, that's for sure

So, probably this as the primary?

Hawks-primary_2015-16_zps80abcf18.png

I guess I should have posted this in this thread.

Hawks owner and CEO Steve Koonin has been hinting at a rebrand for a while. Last night he told a local radio show, when asked why there hasn't been a lot of new Pac-logo apparel available, that "the Pac logo is about to replace the old Hawk logo" and that there are "big, secret changes in the works."

We've also heard mention of uniform concepts and outlandish court concepts from Koonin when he was interviewed for an ESPN feature earlier this year, and there's a board member here at CCSLC who has a lot of credibility and says the team is making a color change.

To reply to Fifty, I think when Koonin took over as CEO a few years ago he wanted to get this in the works. It's been a process. We saw the new logo released out of nowhere in the playoffs last year. We're phasing, that's for sure

So, probably this as the primary?

Hawks-primary_2015-16_zps80abcf18.png

I can dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMRvl4Glyz4

Sixers just unvelied new mascot, Franklin the Dog. Kinda weird, but much better than Hip Hop, the ghetto rabbit.

Voila_Capture-2015-02-10_01-19-19_PM.jpgHip-Hop-the-Rabbit2.jpg

Hip Hop was the jacked ghetto rabbit!

Lol, he was the opposite of a good mascot. Other mascots pump up the crowd, play with kids. Hip Hop had the body language of a mascot that would come over and beat your ass if you didn't stand up.

So much confusion on the Rockets. First it was supposed to be just a uniform cut change + a city pride uniform. Now apparently, the cut change couldn't work, so new primary uniforms? Based on the alternate with no yellow? I don't know where were at with the Rockets. New alternate as well as a yellow-sleeved city pride uniform? Count Houston as a team who needs a rebrand.

The cut change is not possible? That's even worse than Nike's "We cannot make midnight green" excuse.

The shoulder swoops don't work with a regular cut, they needed the long shoulder length to fit. I was thinking just combine them at the top to go into one swoop or trim on the sleeve. But, i don't know. Who knows what is happening. They know fans crave for the championship era colors. They know the players have come out and said they don't like the current uniforms. They give out shirts with red and yellow/gold. "Clutch City" is used for marketing. They allow players to wear yellow shoes or accessories even when wearing the red and white only uniforms. So i am not sure why they just don't change the colors back and make new home and away uniforms to match.

I was willing to give the basket-claw a chance at first, but seeing it on this mockup of the Raptors' new set, I think it's garbage:

New-Toronto-Raptors-Uniforms-2015-2016.j

I love minimalism, but there's a line you tread between minimalism and boring. The Nets have been able to strip everything down into a nice black and white minimalist look, but with a team as historically wild as the Raptors, this just looks boring. I also doubt that many people who haven't seen the logo up close will be able to tell what it is when watching these uniforms. My ideal Raptors look uses the color scheme of TCU's Pro Combat uni (with maybe a tiny bit more red, but only as trim) and features a raptor head (if not body as well) as the primary and a claw as the secondary.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived