NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

I can't recall a mid-season change occurring since the Whitesox went to their now-current set in '90 or '91. A change like this is fairly benign, but in most cases it wouldn't make sense to do this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe if its like the NCAA uniform rule maybe the NFL NHL MLB all have the logos in small sections of the uniforms I know I opposed it with adidas because they already abused the apparel with their 3 stripegasm mess on everything, I do prefer the clean look without it and as long as the NBA logo returns to the front right shoulder I'm happy.

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/588835558581002241

^ From Chris himself. The Wizards have made it official that they are switching to the new roundel logo effective immediately for the playoffs. Odd for an in-season change, no?

Not really odd because it took effect at the end of the regular season... like most changes do.

Like "most" changes do? I'm personally hard pressed to recall a team changing their primary logo in the days between the regular season ending and postseason beginning...could you reference a few?

As SCalderwood said, the change in logos will hardly be felt, but this is nonetheless unique timing from Washington.

Although, Toronto has slowly been implementing their new mark into marketing campaigns and other advertisements throughout this season, while not officially bringing onboard as an in-use logo just yet. Definitely interesting and odd to see pro teams go about a logo switch/change while their team is still in play.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

So here's what I did to the logo. As I said, the monument ball is fully competent as a logo on its own, so additional pictorial elements, the stars in this case, only clutter the whole thing. Now that there was empty space left behind by the stars on both sides of the 'Washington' wordmark, the white stripe could be moved up to the middle. Also, the typeface seemed too striking to me in its thickness and took away from ball, which cluttering the logo even more. I made a quick illusion of a lighter type by giving it an inner outline the color of the background. I also experimented with switching places of the red and blue in the upper and lower parts of the circle, so that the upper red part of the ball would contrast with a blue background, but the predominantly blue circle with a red patch at the bottom with a white stripe and a light star reminded me of the Cuban flag, neither did it create a contrast with the blue ball in the middle. That's why I took the route of that graphic posted by Conrad where the top of the ball is also blue to contrast with the red above it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3nvEKzzVfzMX1QzRzR5MzVkbTA&authuser=0

(Can't figure out a way to insert the picture here directly)

Now, this still doesn't make the logo very good, since, as I mentioned, the monument ball is a stand-alone logo on its own and you can clearly see that this primary was done by another person who slapped the roundel around it, but my modification resulted in a cleaner logo that is visually balanced and works better.

Lol.

Lol.

Lol.

v60759o.png

I wonder if the clippers realize that black has been out since I was in elementary school.

Read the article that was posted with this:

http://www.uni-watch.com/2015/04/17/uni-watch-exclusive-new-nba-and-wnba-leaks/

Only the secondary mark was confirmed from ONE of Paul's sources.

Unis are just a photoshop

Lol.

Lol.

Lol.

v60759o.png

I wonder if the clippers realize that black has been out since I was in elementary school.

Read the article that was posted with this:

http://www.uni-watch.com/2015/04/17/uni-watch-exclusive-new-nba-and-wnba-leaks/

Only the secondary mark was confirmed from ONE of Paul's sources.

Unis are just a photoshop

I think GoNordiques confirmation is enough to confirm it as real for their secondary.

This must be the "OMG, we're going to see the worst new logo/rebrand ever" that ColorWerx has been talking about.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhh.

That is horrid.

(To be fair, the lone LAC logo would work for a team in like, the 1970's...)

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived