NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Scott O'Neil, the CEO of the 76ers has been dropping some hints about the new Sixers uni's on his twitter account. Basically said that new uni's would be revealed between the lottery and the draft. I asked him if this was strictly the uniforms or if there would be changes to the logo as well, and all he said back was "I love our logo". Also said that down the road, they will have alternate uni's with sleeves.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the Timberwolves are dropping black and the Clippers are picking it right up? Looks like Navy, Tealish/Maybe their same shade of blue, Silver, and White to me. Almost everything on their website is colored like that and this logo is hosted on some nba website. Never seen it colored like this, but maybe this is just from some old promo or something.

myaccount-mobile-logo-150121.png

I love this logo, but that color treatment just isn't doing it for me. It looks washed-out.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Maybe the Timberwolves are dropping black and the Clippers are picking it right up? Looks like Navy, Tealish/Maybe their same shade of blue, Silver, and White to me. Almost everything on their website is colored like that and this logo is hosted on some nba website. Never seen it colored like this, but maybe this is just from some old promo or something.

I love this logo, but that color treatment just isn't doing it for me. It looks washed-out.

I agree. It's very dull.

I agree. It's very dull.

Add green in there, and I think you have a winner honestly.

From the uni-watch piece:

Want to correct a couple of items regarding our new facility and the design on the courts that just appeared on your site. Short answer is that we are not changing our uniforms. The Navy blue and Benton Sans font that you see on the court is a “facility” font and color for our new training complex that houses the Wolves, Lynx, Team Pro Shop and a Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Center. We’ll be unveiling the name of the facility and logo soon but that is why you see these on the court design. The Lynx court is being painted this week and will have the same border coloration and font usage. You will also note the practice courts do not carry the same stain coloration as our performance courts and the naming partner is different (Target Center for performance court and Mayo Clinic for the new practice facility). The idea is that we would have a simplified design for everything in the facility that will work for multiple teams/tenants/brands and not be subject to as much change as our courts/uniforms over the lifespan of this facility –which should be 20 years or so.

There aren't many teams that need new uniforms more than the Wolves. Now is the perfect time to change things up with the Andrew Wiggins era. Could they be waiting for the Nike/NBA deal?

I agree. It's very dull.

My five-minute fix. The white/grey wolf needs that dark contrast of the ball to stand out.

zsVkarT.png

I agree. It's very dull.

Plus the sublimated three in the howling wolf looks awkward.

I generally dislike doing shameless self-plugs, but I felt it was appropriate here:

14296689238_522b8fce5c_c.jpg

Just darken the blue to a navy shade (eliminating the need for black), then inject some kelly green where applicable, and you've got a stew going!

That's awesome, darkening the blue to keep the feel of black without actually using it is a brilliant idea. :)

Ever thought of doing the reverse? Dark green/current blue?

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Well, if these are true, we now know what jerseys ColorWerx was talking about when he mentioned a new rebrand being terrible.

When/where was this? As you might be able to tell, I'm new here lol.

I forget which thread it was but ColorWerx hinted that he seen an upcoming rebrand in one the the 4 major sports and it's one of the worst of all time.

The 76ers don't need to change their logo; It's the uniforms that need a new look.

Agreed. Especially since it seems like the Clippers are now dropping their 'white basketball' logo

I'd love it if the Sixers did a Warriors style jersey with their logo big on the front. Don't think they would though, because it would be odd with the 76 and the jersey number.

I generally dislike doing shameless self-plugs, but I felt it was appropriate here:

Just darken the blue to a navy shade (eliminating the need for black), then inject some kelly green where applicable, and you've got a stew going!

Did you ever do one where the ball was white?

I agree. It's very dull.

White basketball makes sense, with the white moon being howled at...just make the trees green and call it a day

I agree. It's very dull.

White basketball makes sense, with the white moon being howled at...just make the trees green and call it a day

Tried it out, doesn't look too bad.

Minnesota_Timberwolves2.jpg

But personally, I think just replacing the black with navy works best.

Minnesota_Timberwolves1.jpg

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

Did you ever do one where the ball was white?

Getting rid of green was an absolutely stupid move by the organization. Their logos look a million times better with a splash of green thrown in.

Archived